Josh Allen’s Adjusted Completion Percentage = 72.7%

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

Did you catch the part where he still ranks 23rd in the league accounting for the other starting QBs adjusted percentage?

Great. But had the Bills’ receivers done a better job of catching the passes he did get to them, they’re riding a 4-game win streak. 

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

If Josh looks pretty good but they keep signing guys like Peterman and Zay and Benjamin and Marshall Newhouse and Russell Bodine, they will be here for a decade?

Newhouse and Bodine were never meant to be staples of this organization, they were low cost place holders.

Peterman and Zay weren't Beanes guys.

KB they simply struck out on.  We all thought it was a good idea at the time and we were all wrong.

The defense will be good.

They hit on Allen.  

That alone most likely assures them of being in good position going forward.  I expect that they will make a few signings and I strongly suspect that Beane will make it his mission to surround Allen with a good line and weapons.

I have more faith that they will get it done than you do.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Magox said:

Newhouse and Bodine were never meant to be staples of this organization, they were low cost place holders.

Peterman and Zay weren't Beanes guys.

KB they simply struck out on.  We all thought it was a good idea at the time and we were all wrong.

The defense will be good.

They hit on Allen.  

That alone most likely assures them of being in good position going forward.  I expect that they will make a few signings and I strongly suspect that Beane will make it his mission to surround Allen with a good line and weapons.

I have more faith that they will get it done than you do.

Understood. I don't know either way like I said. The Peterman Experiment scares me. The not having a veteran with Josh until Anderson is scary. Castillo is a huge mistake. Dennison was a huge mistake. Daboll looks pretty good but jury is still out. Not surrounding Josh with any speed until halfway through the season is scary. Not having a real QB coach is scary.

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Understood. I don't know either way like I said. The Peterman Experiment scares me. The not having a veteran with Josh until Anderson is scary. Castillo is a huge mistake. Dennison was a huge mistake. Daboll looks pretty good but jury is still out. Not surrounding Josh with any speed until halfway through the season is scary. Not having a real QB coach is scary.

They aren't perfect but they are competent.  If Allen turns out to be as good as I believe he will be and Beane focuses like a laser in surrounding Allen with a supporting cast with McD's defensive mind, I think the odds of us being a good team over the next decade are decent.

2 hours ago, The Drought said:

Hey, I just took out all his incompletions/interceptions and his Ultra Adjusted Completion Percentage or his UACP is 100%.

Just take away dropped passes, rookie.  Not a hard concept.

On 12/17/2018 at 12:02 PM, gjv001 said:

Just stop all the nonsense. The bottom line is Allen is a winner. He will make the Bills Offense relevant and the Franchise relevant. If you can't see that, then I suggest you should go back to watching professional bowling.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

If his comp % isn't 70% he's a failed pick. For it is this % that rules all.

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Daboll was a QB coach for the Jets for two years and Favre thought highly of him, Culley has spent time in the college ranks as a QB coach...so Josh actually has two at this point and I think you can see that Josh is getting coached.

I will be curious to see how much input Daboll will have on this draft ...the Bills certainly hit on some Clemson UFA talent... but drafting Ray Ray, and Proehl - two guys both projected as slot receivers was not what I had in mind.

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Things get added in with time. You just need to have a little patience.  You act like Josh doesn't have coaches around him to help him along.  A veteran QB to learn from is a luxury not a need.  Allen plays the game differently and I think the coaches have to help him adjust to what he does best.  If that is scrambling out of the pocket and making wild throws down the field like Rodgers, then so be it.  Daboll seems to be doing a better job each week with play calling.  He has to keep it mostly conservative with the lack of talent and a rookie QB, he's in a tough spot.  Can't wait to see what he can do with a talented offense.

8 hours ago, Doc said:

Just take away dropped passes, rookie.  Not a hard concept.

With absolutely no regard on whether the drops were caused by bad ball placement/bad timing.  By whatever means makes you feel better, it's all about feelings these days right?

18 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

With absolutely no regard on whether the drops were caused by bad ball placement/bad timing.  By whatever means makes you feel better, it's all about feelings these days right?

Drops by definition means the receiver has the ball hit his hands.  Is hitting guys in the hands bad placement?

Edited by oldmanfan

2 hours ago, WhyteDwarf said:

It must be all about feelings these days, else you wouldn't have such an issue simply saying "huh, I guess he's throwing the ball a bit better than I thought".

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

It must be all about feelings these days, else you wouldn't have such an issue simply saying "huh, I guess he's throwing the ball a bit better than I thought".

I don't follow. He was a ~50% passer in college and he's so far a ~50% passer in the NFL. So, for me to feel like he's passing the ball better than expected, the comp % would need to be higher, right?  lol 

Edited by WhyteDwarf

Just now, WhyteDwarf said:

I don't follow. He was a ~50% passer in college and he's so far a ~50% passer in the NFL. So, for me to feel like he's passing the ball better than expected, the comp % would need to be higher?  lol 

If all you do is judge accuracy by a box score, then yes, that's a fine way to convince yourself that you know what you're talking about.

There are those of us that care to watch the game, chart throws, look at play designs, and actually understand what's happening on the field.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, WhyteDwarf said:

I don't follow. He was a ~50% passer in college and he's so far a ~50% passer in the NFL. So, for me to feel like he's passing the ball better than expected, the comp % would need to be higher, right?  lol 

Having a 52% completion percentage in the NFL and showing improvement in his passing are not not mutually exclusive concepts. If you do not see improvement in his passing from the beginning of this year until now, then you just do not want to see it - which, I suspect is the case.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

If all you do is judge accuracy by a box score, then yes, that's a fine way to convince yourself that you know what you're talking about.

There are those of us that care to watch the game, chart throws, look at play designs, and actually understand what's happening on the field.

Amen.

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Having a 52% completion percentage in the NFL and showing improvement in his passing are not not mutually exclusive concepts. If you do not see improvement in his passing from the beginning of this year until now, then you just do not want to see it - which, I suspect is the case.

Oh sure, I see some improvement, but he's still at 50%.

If he's still at 50% next year at this time, that is a problem no?

Edited by WhyteDwarf

2 hours ago, WhyteDwarf said:

I don’t know. How do you feel knowing that you admitted that there were 4 drops?  Whoa whoa whoa...