TNF Game Thread: Chargers (10-3) vs. Chiefs (11-2) at 8:20 PM ET on FOX, NFL Network, & Amazon Prime Video

26CornerBlitz

Who Wins Tonight?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins Tonight?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2018 at 01:20 AM

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Derwin James is a baller.

My son was raving about him since he stepped on campus at FSU. I’d say “yeah, you guys have great DB’s.” He would say “no, this is on a different level. He’s a freshman and he’s better than guys who will go in the first round next year. This is different.”  Apparently it was immediately visible in person. How did he fall to #17 I think? We could use someone like that to drop! 

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I had the same thought on this play earlier.

What play does this remind you of? The receiver actually works back to the ball and makes an adjustment while it's in the air. What a concept.

Change the color of the unifiform, and of course the result....and that looks very familiar! 

Just now, Thriftygamer83 said:

Kelvin Benjamin was quitting long before he came to Buffalo.  The guys who have quit; we’re quitting long before they came here.  McBeane gave them a redemption chance.  

I can dig that, it’s just so odd to have a player literally quit at half time, cogs stepping away and Boldon retiring after he signed. 

If there is something up, the agents will know, and that could impact FA. 

It it could be nothing, but it is a curiosity to ponder.

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But this is why I thought Mahomes was different than Allen

1). Reid.  He chokes in the playoffs but he is one of the best offensive coaches of the last 20 years.  If we had Reid pick Allen, I’d blindly trust it.  I don’t have the same faith in SM and Daboll.  Sorry.

2). College production.  It definitely doesn’t mean nfl success but if you’re a first round qb, I want to see you dominant.  Mahomes did and Allen rarely did. 

3) Mahomes elite skills, which Allen as has. 

4) sitting behind a vet.  I was never a big Tyrod fan but he would have been a great guy for a young qb to sit behind to start their career.

we disagree about this a bit but I always appreciate the perspective and I genuinely hope White and Allen turns out to be a good trade for us. 

To be honest, I don’t think we really disagree that much here, we are mostly on the same page.  I agree with all this, I even said on draft night him going to KC was a blessing and the absolute perfect destination for him.  For all the same reasons you said above.

I think the places we don’t fully agree on is I have more confidence in McD and Beane then you may have right now.  And secondly, I was converted from an Allen doubter to a believer during the draft process where you maybe were not initially.  So I am coming from a place of more confidence in this kid developing where he is still in the process of winning you over.  

And there is no “wrong” side of the fence here.  This is mostly crystal ball stuff, so I get all of your concerns and they are warranted.  He isn’t a finished product and hey, he may even have a terrible game again this year, I mean he is a rookie on an offense with little to work with.  But this is the time for him to put those mistakes on tape to learn from them, so not gonna sweat any struggles this year.  

But man, for just one game I would love to see him play with this chiefs offense and see what he could do.  I just can’t wait to see him have a full offseason as the unquestioned starter and get to work with a better cast next year.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

It's MAHOMES for heaven's sake! Mahomes; one H. How hard is that to comprehend?

You mean Mahomeboy dummy

Just now, whatdrought said:

I hope not... Isn't he the one that's got like 85 kids? We don't need bad genes spreading. 

OV.ER. RA.TED   . . ... OV.ER RA.TED . . ...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

You mean Mahomeboy dummy

I really think people do it on purpose and it makes no sense. It's not derogatory as far as I can tell. It's just odd.

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

Rivers hates protection. I think his 8th or 9th kid is on the way. Seems like a bit of a mental disorder.

Well played Mauer.

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I’m a bit surprised we don’t have more points on the board at the end of the third. 

Yeah, there's actually defense being played.  KC looks like they've improved in this phase as the season has gone on.

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Neither QB is getting great protection. Lots of edge pressure. Reminder; draft Josh Allen!

Both teams have a great pass rush. Built to pass well and create a lead forcing the pass against a pass rush.

Fire fighting fire.

Mahomes already getting favorable calls. 

The facemask?

5 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Neither QB is getting great protection. Lots of edge pressure. Reminder; draft Josh Allen!

And as a result neither QB is putting up great numbers and Rivers has 2 INT's and should have had a 3rd and Mahomes is lucky he didn't have an INT at the end of the half. 

Neither team is overly convinced they want to win this game. 

Chiefs seem in control despite the score line.

Rivers is shook. Mahomes is being a goofball but he's loose and throwing dimes in a comfortable lead. 

2 good pass rushes too mind you

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The extra M is for magic I guess or people just can't spell. 

I was about to correct you for stating it was an extra M they were using. Not quite sure how I came up with extra H.

They're confusing the hell out of me. 

• Haha (+1) 1