Mock draft & FA (edited)

Joeziehmer

12 hours ago, PIZ said:

Damn he is fast.  If they can get OL and WR in free agency, I wouldn't mind Love.  I think Allen needs a RB stud.  This guy appears to have great potential.  Seems like this offense is evolving to SPEED, and this guy is FAST.

never saw him til this.  the first thing that went through my mind is the smoothness, like no wasted motion.  then oddly a name popped up in my mind....o.j.

• Like (+1) 1

5th Round (2 Picks)

Dalton Risner

Kansas State good pick up to bolster the line and provide dept.  Offensive tackle good drive off the call compliments Sam Mustipher.

David Edwards

Wisconsin offensive tackle; big and an impact player to suck up double teams in pass protection and run blocking.

6th Round

Marquise Brown 

Oklahoma wide receiver for possession and short range quick out for Allen.

7th Round (2 Picks)

Kevin Harmon

North Carolina State wide receiver big body for blocking and targets over the middle for Allen.  Will play smart and be a good over the middle type playing smart with his body in space.

Julian Love

Notre Dame corner back providing good depth in the rotational secondary and zone coverage schemes.  

That concludes my mock draft.  

1 hour ago, Joeziehmer said:

5th Round (2 Picks)

Dalton Risner

Kansas State good pick up to bolster the line and provide dept.  Offensive tackle good drive off the call compliments Sam Mustipher.

David Edwards

Wisconsin offensive tackle; big and an impact player to suck up double teams in pass protection and run blocking.

6th Round

Marquise Brown 

Oklahoma wide receiver for possession and short range quick out for Allen.

7th Round (2 Picks)

Kevin Harmon

North Carolina State wide receiver big body for blocking and targets over the middle for Allen.  Will play smart and be a good over the middle type playing smart with his body in space.

Julian Love

Notre Dame corner back providing good depth in the rotational secondary and zone coverage schemes.  

That concludes my mock draft.  

So in the 7th round you are going to pick 2 guys that will go by the 2nd and a 6th round pick that will go in the 1st? That’s a winning strategy!! I like it

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Haha (+1) 3

What's with all the body awareness? Are we targeting these players specifically because they have a positive self image?

2 hours ago, Rufridr101 said:

Trade back round 1 for extra 2nd rounder this year and additional picks next year. draft elgton Jenkins center miss st. Round 1. 1st of 2nd rounder draft Bennie Snell Jr running back. 2nd pick round 2 Chase claypool receiver Notre dame. 3rd round kaden Smith TE Stanford. Sign free agent Quinton Spain guard Tennessee titans. Trade one of our 4th round picks for Sean Lee for middle linebacker in base defense only 1 year left on contract could make defense historic good right now. tremaine Edmunds athletic ability is being wasted thinking running teams are taking advantage of his slow reconizition of plays. 

I don't think Snell is gonna be difference maker in the NFL. Lacks explosiveness. I expect him to be a Ron Dayne type flop. Great college back though.

14 hours ago, Joeziehmer said:

1st Round: Bryce Love

Running back out of Stanford good speed and good body awareness and vision.

2nd Round: Sam Mustipher

Cenrer our of Notre Dame good body control and agility fighting to avoid sacks and tackles for loss at the point of attack

3rd Round: LJ Scott

Bruising running back Michigan State for short yardage situations and jumbo packages at the goal line

4th Round (2 Picks)

Jalen Jelks 

A bigger and healthier addition to the line backing and defensive end core.  Which could help ease uncertainty with Trent Murphy facing recurring injuries.  Out of University of Oregon

Mitchell Wilcox

Tight-end our of South Florida a competent replacement for Clay.  Good body awareness and a target for Allen in the clutch.  

giphy.webp

unless you are sure you identified the next Gurley or S Barkley, then no RB in rd 1. And you better be 100% sure he is a game changer who can carry your offense. Fournette hasn't proven it yet but McCaffrey is becoming a game changer in year 2 so you can add him to the list. You have to hit if you take an RB.

Edited by BillsRdue

14 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

What's with all the body awareness? Are we targeting these players specifically because they have a positive self image?

I don't think Snell is gonna be difference maker in the NFL. Lacks explosiveness. I expect him to be a Ron Dayne type flop. Great college back though.

Ron Dayne played big ten when it was slow smell Jr. Plays in the sec. 

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

If you don't have family counting on you, go for it. Just leave a suicide note to Beane and McDermott.

I've reconsidered and decided for the entertainment of those here I'll just stab myself in the eye with a cocktail fork, light myself on fire and jump through a table. 

Since we have multiple 7th round picks, that would be fine for a RB.

Edited by BubbaT
  • Haha (+1) 1

There will be several first round G and TE and DL all of whom I'd take before a RB. Plus Love looks good sometimes and like a 3rd round back sometimes. Probably could trade down into the 20's.

How about Bills trade down with Oak for 24 and 26 before we draft him? Right now we're 5th? You'd take Love 5th?

11 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

Ron Dayne played big ten when it was slow smell Jr. Plays in the sec. 

I'm well aware of Snell and the fact that he plays in the SEC.

I still don't envision him being a bigtime NFL back. Wouldn't touch him until the 4th round.

23 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

unless you are sure you identified the next Gurley or S Barkley, then no RB in rd 1. And you better be 100% sure he is a game changer who can carry your offense. Fournette hasn't proven it yet but McCaffrey is becoming a game changer in year 2 so you can add him to the list. You have to hit if you take an RB.

Fournette could turn out to be the greatest RB in NFL history (he won’t, of course) and it would still be an absolutely horrific draft pick by the Jags, with Blake Bortles as your starting QB and not one, but two franchise QBs still on the board.

Edited by mannc

1 minute ago, the skycap said:

If we were able to open holes like that I'd say great

Still cannot understand why my mock “shocked” everybody; I’m thinking how draft stock can tread down.  Guys go from first to fifth if it’s not something like a Quarterback. 

Putting aside where players really will be drafted.....drafting 2 running back in the first 3 rounds just is not a good draft and makes little sense.

I can see a RB being drafted.....but not in the first 3 rounds unless we are trading down and have accumulated picks.....we have a cannon throwing QB who has NO RECEIVING WEAPONS

• Like (+1) 1