Allen's Last Pass (12/2): Bad Pass or Drop?

Gugny

Allen's Last Pass (12/2): Bad Pass or Drop?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Allen's Last Pass (12/2): Bad Pass or Drop?

Just now, McNubbins said:

Given the circumstances, it was a drop.  A rookie QB under pressure throws a ball in the vicinity of a veteran tight end who is wide open.  Charles Clay had to catch that.

I still can’t believe Clay was that open 

Not even a question.

There's no pass-catcher in the NFL that would look at that play and say "I wouldn't have caught that with the game on the line".

There are, however, many QBs that would likely say "I have no idea how Allen made that throw"...even if he did run around like a maniac 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It wasn’t an idea pass by any stretch, but certainly good enough for Clay to come up with it. It’s not like clay had to come up with a superhuman effort there. Sucks. 

These receivers need to come up with big plays now and again. Just doesn’t happen often enough on this team. 

21 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Both. But the pass was way easier to make than the catch, so bad pass gets my vote. 

This is....are you serious?

it would be impossible to replicate, but I would lay good money on 75% completion rate with ANY professional athlete as receiver if every other circumstance was exactly the same. 

Edited by Shortchaz

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Not even a question.

There's no pass-catcher in the NFL that would look at that play and say "I wouldn't have caught that with the game on the line".

There are, however, many QBs that would likely say "I have no idea how Allen made that throw"...even if he did run around like a maniac 

The thread about his arm strength this week made me laugh, now I believe

Also, caught Bulldog’s take on the play after the game....amateur take. Essentially calling it a garbage throw. I think he honestly tries to impress Schlop by being “tough” on Allen sometimes. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Not even a question.

Great point, bandit.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

What people are missing is that Clay slips in that crappy grass enzone trying to come up for the ball. 

Now it’s the field’s fault?

Was the sun at an  awkward angle or

maybe the wind was up .05 mph?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

What people are missing is that Clay slips in that crappy grass enzone trying to come up for the ball. 

I’m not sure is the grass is crappy, or if Clay is crappy, or both, but he did not make a clean break forward for the ball. 

If I set up the situation and didn’t tell you who choked that bad, and I gave you 2 guesses, would you need the second to pick Clay?

would you be shocked if I told you it was Clay?

Just now, Doc said:

I can...because he dropped it. 

It was too good to be true...

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Now it’s the field’s fault?

Was the sun at an  awkward angle or

maybe the wind was up .05 mph?

Their field is crap.  

Both th sides were losing footing on that grass 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m not sure is the grass is crappy, or if Clay is crappy, or both, but he did not make a clean break forward for the ball. 

I’d still rather have Clay than KB

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It really was. The highlight reel of that scramble on 4th and 11 on the road capping off a 90 yard two minute drive with no timeouts would have been insane.

It's why we can't have nice things.

I watched it in slomo and it still happened too fast for me to get my hopes up and then shattered