Is Sean McDermott The Toughest Coach In The NFL!?!?

And now for a ridiculous but very entertaining topic....I was listening to Joe B and Matt Fairburn discuss the brawl during the Bills/Jags football game.  

At one point the conversation goes off the rails, they joke about a fight breaking out between Sean McDermott and Doug Marrone. They say that McDermott could easily beat Marrone in a fight which leads them down the path of discussing whether McDermott is the toughest coach in the NFL in a legit fight, and if he isn’t, which coaches could possible beat him.

Joe B believes that McDermott might very well be the toughest coach in the NFL.  Fairburn thinks Mike Tomlin could take him because he looks mean.  Both men agree that McDermott would beat Doug Marrone.

They also threw out a few other names that could challenge McDermott

Sean McVay:  Young but too easy-going

Gregg Williams:  Old but crazy, could pull a lead pipe in the fight

Ron Rivera:  Looks like a tough guy

Steve Wilkes:  Looks like he could crack some heads

Jack Del Rio: A formidable foe for McDermott but is now out of the NFL.  

Bill Belichk: Not beating anyone in a fight.

Tom Coughlin:  Old and mean but not a tough guy

It’s a hilarious segment that you can check out below it’s around 41 minutes or so: 

So what do you think?  What other coaches could give McDermoty a run for his money and who he destroy?

Just now, ProcessAccepted said:

He might very well be but I'd also rank Tomlin highly in this area. 

Tomlin was Fairburn’s pick.  He does look like a fighter though he seems a bit out of shape. Plus McDermott has a wrestling background where he could wear him down.  I think this matchup is a toss up

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No, not even close.

Just of those guys you mentioned, Ron Rivera or Jack Del Rio would take McD apart.  Gregg Williams too because he would fight dirty, probably have an implement hidden.  Marrone is big and mean as well, he is soft but I thin even he could take McD.

Only thing against Ron is his physical condition.  He does look like a bit strong guy but one who is feeling the aches and pains of being a former LB 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Phil The Thrill said:

Tomlin was Fairburn’s pick.  He does look like a fighter though he seems a bit out of shape. Plus McDermott has a wrestling background where he could wear him down.  I think this matchup is a toss up

Oops sorry about that. Didn't have time to listen, just went off the list of names above. He may be a little out of shape but my guess is he'd do whatever it took in a fight. 

You guys are not considering how tough it is to fight someone with a wrestling background.  If a good wrestler gets his hands on you, and is strong enough to hold on, you are done.  Mcdermott would beat all of these guys.

• Like (+1) 4

My top 5:

Mike Vrabel

Vance Joseph

Dan Quinn

Mike Tomlin

Sean McDermott

Other guys that should get considered, like Rivera, are too old and I kept my list under 50. Shanahan and McVay were left off because I'm not even sure they could take me, let alone Coach Process who dead lifts at 5am every morning.

Edit: a lot of people have mentioned Del Rio. He's not a coach or he'd top my list. He could beat people up with his neck alone.

Edited by fridge

13 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Only thing against Ron is his physical condition.  He does look like a bit strong guy but one who is feeling the aches and pains of being a former LB 

Fighting is attitude coupled with technique.

Ex linebackers know what it means to inflict serious harm on someone. 

In close quarters, Rivera is not someone to dance with. In space, dance around and wear his old arse out.