Playoff chances

DBilz2500

Since the Ravens keep winning with Lamar Jackson, we’ll need to win out to have a shot. 

Colts are a problem too, but they have the opposite of our schedule - 4 tough games and 1 easy game (Giants).  Them losing to the Jags this week would be really helpful. 

I actually wouldn’t be surprised given our remaining schedule and the team blowing out the Jets and beating the Jags these past 2 weeks, but alas New England remains and we apparently will never beat Tom Brady so it is what it is. 

Edited by SCBills

15 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

So we currently stand at 4-7, 3-5 in the AFC

We are 2 games behind Ravens and Colts and 1 game behind Dolphins, Bengals, Broncos, Titans. 

Do we still have a chance? Still thinking 9-7 with 7-5 AFC record could sneak us. 

Check back in 3 weeks

baltimire and Indy have 2 of 3 on the road thus could have 7 losses

if tenessee Lise tonight and 1 in next 3 they’d have 7 lises

denver placed cincinati so one has 7 loses, the winner loses another game

browns lose a game..they are ahead of buffalo by a half game

buffao wins 3 straight

then last WC us tied by a bunch st 7-7

if New England can clinch division before week 16 they could rest players.

We aren’t going to make the playoffs simply because a lot more has to happen in addition to us running the table.  

Can we run the table, sure it’s certainly possible, even though I don’t expect us to.  I think we finish either 7-9 or 8-8 personally.  But even if we run the table we need some other teams who are playing well to lose a lot the rest of the season.  As some has mentioned, a couple teams we would be competing with to get that final spot have a tie breaker on us like Ravens and Colts.

To be honest, I would prefer to not make the playoffs.  I will never root against the Bills or push for a loss, but if I had to pick a preferred finish today, I would take 7-9 as that will put us in a nice spot in the draft while also seeing us above .500 on our remaining games to keep building on.  

We have a very low percentage of making playoffs if we win out, so I would like to see us win more than lose while also getting a little better positioned in the draft to keep adding to this foundation.  

Again, every Sunday I will be cheering for a win and for Allen’s success.  So not gonna root for them to lose, just being honest on my expectations that making playoffs is not very realistic and I would like the best shot at the best weapons for Allen or best protection for Allen in the draft next year.  I certainly won’t complain if we win out, I will love every second of it.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

No chance this year....none....chargers are getting one WC spot no doubt and Indi is playing completely lights out now.....unfortunately no andy dalton type miracle is going to happen this season.......