Deleting Threads

Azalin

If you start a thread in which you don't care for the direction of the resulting conversation, at least try to address that within the thread. This is the 2nd time a specific poster started a thread critical of elements in social media in general, and to a lesser extent PPP, then deleted it because he didn't care for the direction it took.

Don't engage people if you can't deal with their responses. I'm not going to waste my time on you any more, and I'll be surprised if anyone else does.

And stop with the PMs. I'm not the slightest bit interested in what you have to say.

Edited by Azalin
  • Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Azalin said:

If you start a thread in which you don't care for the direction of the resulting conversation, at least try to address that within the thread. This is the 2nd time a specific poster started a thread critical of elements in social media in general, and to a lesser extent PPP, then deleted it because he didn't care for the direction it took.

Don't engage people if you can't deal with their responses. I'm not going to waste my time on you any more, and I'll be surprised if anyone else does.

And stop with the PMs. I'm not the slightest bit interested in what you have to say.

:beer: 

He's not a real person. He's here to cause division, slides, and "conflict" for a paycheck.

The coward doesn't realize we generate enough of those on our own without outside influences :lol: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:beer: 

He's not a real person. He's here to cause division, slides, and "conflict" for a paycheck.

The coward doesn't realize we generate enough of those on our own without outside influences :lol: 

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. It's easy to go along with criticism leveled by others, and I wanted to give him the opportunity to prove that he was something other than what he was being accused of being. He couldn't have possibly failed more badly than he did. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Azalin said:

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. It's easy to go along with criticism leveled by others, and I wanted to give him the opportunity to prove that he was something other than what he was being accused of being. He couldn't have possibly failed more badly than he did. 

:beer: I did as well. I'm pretty easy to get along with, even when (especially when) we may disagree. But he exposed himself real quick. I'm openly hostile for a reason - in a lot of years posting here now (gulp, almost two decades) I've never been openly hostile with anyone. Even the posters who I have gone a round or two with have (on my part) always been done with a smile/friendly spat. This is different because it's artificial.

1 hour ago, Azalin said:

I assume you mean Thurmal34 or Gary. All we have to do is report Thurmal34 to his boss for drinking on the job and he'll get fired. Gary doesn't like getting ignored. If all he hears are crickets he'll eventually leave for good.

19 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

:huh: what did i miss?

Another thread deleted because it went (and I quote from the subsequent PM) "off topic into a negative place." Among other things, I said I was sick of him "condescending from high atop mount pompous", then deleting his thread and running away.

So what did he do? He deleted his thread and ran away. :lol:

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I assume you mean Thurmal34 or Gary. All we have to do is report Thurmal34 to his boss for drinking on the job and he'll get fired. Gary doesn't like getting ignored. If all he hears are crickets he'll eventually leave for good.

The only time I ever see anything by them is when others quote them. I don't waste my time with either one.

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

Beginners Mind

Bingo.

28 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Another thread deleted because it went (and I quote from the subsequent PM) "off topic into a negative place." Among other things, I said I was sick of him "condescending from high atop mount pompous", then deleting his thread and running away.

So what did he do? He deleted his thread and ran away. :lol:

The only time I ever see anything by them is when others quote them. I don't waste my time with either one.

Bingo.

Which thread was it?  Did I mock him in it?

I actually feel bad for the boy.  He's so out of his league when he posts here. 

Just now, GG said:

Well, if a poster doesn't think his threads belong on this forum, maybe the poster doesn't belong on this forum?

I'm sure he thinks he belongs here, just for the purpose of educating us to his level of enlightened benevolence.  

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Which thread was it?  Did I mock him in it?

It was the thread about outrage on social media platforms like twitter, etc. It reminded me of his previous thread questioning the usefulness of PPP, which he also deleted.

If you use the search function, you will see this topic has been covered elsewhere.

I thought his place was the Wild West. I’ve deleted 7-8 threads, not just those on the topics mentioned in Azalin’s post. I don’t delete to be mean—I just do it when it’s spun way off topic or devolved into just an attack thread (not just on me but others). Which that one did. 

I’m proud that deleting a thread about building positive online community brought us all together. We can work on the positivity but ... baby steps!

With love and kisses to you all and Season’s Greetings to everyone except LSH who doesn’t want to celebrate the earth’s revolution around the Sun.

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

nah, i don't buy it

i think it more likely that you got pawned in your own thread and didn't like it so you deleted it. i debated posting to it because i knew the possibility existed.

fool me twice, shame on me....

But you guys seem the more butt hurt about it all, so who got pawned? 

3 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

If you use the search function, you will see this topic has been covered elsewhere.

I thought his place was the Wild West. I’ve deleted 7-8 threads, not just those on the topics mentioned in Azalin’s post. I don’t delete to be mean—I just do it when it’s spun way off topic or devolved into just an attack thread (not just on me but others). Which that one did. 

I’m proud that deleting a thread about building positive online community brought us all together. We can work on the positivity but ... baby steps!

With love and kisses to you all and Season’s Greetings to everyone except LSH who doesn’t want to celebrate the earth’s revolution around the Sun.

I'm debating on making your PPP existence miserable or just ignoring you.  

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

nah, i don't buy it

i think it more likely that you got pawned in your own thread and didn't like it so you deleted it.

That pretty much sums it up. It's certainly the way it looked to me.

• Like (+1) 1