Does a Man of God Like Trump Attend Church?

39 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Athiest zealot: Dick on a computer, is slightly rude

Christian Zealot: "Well, I don't care what "science" and "medical experts" say, the magic medications my head spirit guy claims kill babies! Don't doubt me! My faith says you can't doubt me!!! Judge Kavanaugh says you can't doubt me" (Note: he indeed ruled for this magic spirit fallacy)

Muslim Zealot: "Let's blow things up"

So....maybe there is a gradient

Slightly rude?  The atheist zealots tend to be more like "Religion is responsible for all the death and suffering in the world, and everyone who believes in God should be executed!"  They're a little more than slightly rude.

And where do the Buddhists and their "You're coming back from the bardo as a cucumber" beliefs fall on that gradient?  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I remember he wished everyone a "Happy Zombie Jesus Day" one Easter.  Which was rude, but hilarious.  :lol:

Oh no there is 0% rudeness and 100% hilarity in that. 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

What? 

How about this.  List the hardcore Trump supporters in this thread that are blaming President Trump on Hillary more than Republican voters.  

Aaaaaaaaand go!! 

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Slightly rude?  The atheist zealots tend to be more like "Religion is responsible for all the death and suffering in the world, and everyone who believes in God should be executed!"  They're a little more than slightly rude.

And where do the Buddhists and their "You're coming back from the bardo as a cucumber" beliefs fall on that gradient?  

Dude, I usually respect you, so I will actually try to respond seriously and without snark.

In Indonesia, there is violent, anti-Muslim harrassment carried out by Buddhists, and endorsed by their leaders. No, seriously: http://theconversation.com/violent-buddhist-extremists-are-targeting-muslims-in-sri-lanka-92951

If I have gathered anything from competitive religion, it is this: some asshat can abuse any philosophy for violent, criminal ends. 

With that in mind, it begs the question: why do give any of these ideas special treatment? Build the wall between superstition and civic government. Because every door you make for a Buddhist or a Christian with special "we have to respect this, its sacred" juju, gives it to radical Muslims, Satanists and *gasps* atheists.

3 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Dude, I usually respect you, so I will actually try to respond seriously and without snark.

In Indonesia, there is violent, anti-Muslim harrassment carried out by Buddhists, and endorsed by their leaders. No, seriously: http://theconversation.com/violent-buddhist-extremists-are-targeting-muslims-in-sri-lanka-92951

If I have gathered anything from competitive religion, it is this: some asshat can abuse any philosophy for violent, criminal ends. 

With that in mind, it begs the question: why do give any of these ideas special treatment? Build the wall between superstition and civic government. Because every door you make for a Buddhist or a Christian with special "we have to respect this, its sacred" juju, gives it to radical Muslims, Satanists and *gasps* atheists.

in your scenario, the better solution would be to build a wall between civic government and...people.  your crusade, insofar as your comments on this message board are concerned, just pays homage to a different god. all the telltale signs of zealotry are there, and it's fascinating that you can't see it. I suppose that's just the nature of being a zealot. 

4 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

If you're trying to respond to "You're coming back from the bardo as a cucumber," you really are an infinidiot.  :lol:

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

in your scenario, the better solution would be to build a wall between civic government and...people.  your crusade, insofar as your comments on this message board are concerned, just pays homage to a different god. all the telltale signs of zealotry are there, and it's fascinating that you can't see it. I suppose that's just the nature of being a zealot. 

Well, yeah.

He doesn't believe in rights based philosophy.

He believes in empowering government to run roughshod over people he disagrees with.

• Like (+1) 2

Here's what's hilarious about this whole thing, and another thing that leftist morons in this thread don't get: according to the Bible, it would actually be worse for Trump, who is not a Christian, to recite the Creed because it would be an act of dead religion that comes under the wrath of God.  Since he's not a Christian, nobody should expect him to believe it or recite it. He actually demonstrates some small amount of integrity by not doing so. 

The Clintons and Obamas, meanwhile, display the exact amount of integrity I expect out of them: none. They recite the Creed though they clearly don't believe it and are not a part of the Church it references. 

Edited by LeviF91
  • Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Here's what's hilarious about this whole thing, and another thing that leftist morons in this thread don't get: according to the Bible, it would actually be worse for Trump, who is not a Christian, to recite the Creed because it would be an act of dead religion that comes under the wrath of God.  Since he's not a Christian, nobody should expect him to believe it or recite it. He actually demonstrates some small amount of integrity by not doing so. 

The Clintons and Obamas, meanwhile, display the exact amount of integrity I expect out of them: none. They recite the Creed though they clearly don't believe it and are not a part of the Church it references. 

I'll give Hillary credit as she did it with obviously a big stick stuck up her tush.  

• 11 months later...
On 12/5/2018 at 3:46 PM, TakeYouToTasker said:

Because the system doesn't regularly provide candidates which outwardly embody Christian values, and Christians got tired of being mocked and having their values discarded, and in many cases trampled on by the excesses of government.

They recognized that men are not perfect creatures, and know each one themselves to be sinners; so they voted for a candidate who, while he may not have exhibited those values in his own life, made a promise to him to fight for them.  And it's a promise he has honored.

And you mock them for it because you can't be bothered to actually understand them, or their values, which you casually dismiss out of hand; and I know you don't understand their values because you quote scripture without context or meaning, because you haven't studied it because you don't value it.

You now chastise them because you lack any respect for the way they choose to live, going so far as to say you hope Christians "die off" so they will "stop ruining the world".  You go on say that you wouldn't have a problem with their existence "if they'd only shut up and surrender their rights, both political and natural," as if that's a reasonable accommodation.

Christians voted for Trump because they voted in the best interests of themselves and their faith, and it should be a lesson to you about your own myopic views of who they are, and what you are.

On 12/5/2018 at 3:58 PM, TakeYouToTasker said:

And this, right here, is exactly why Christians voted for President Trump.

You have mocked my faith, seek to tear down traditional family and value structures, and legislate away the ability for me to practice my religious rights and conversely impose anti-Judeo-Christian legislation on me; all in body of five brief sentences.

The President promised to fight you on my behalf.

I didn't vote for him, but individuals like you have convinced me that I absolutely should and will in the next Presidential election.

On 12/5/2018 at 4:41 PM, B-Man said:

I wanted TYTT's post here to continue on the next page, because frankly, it is one of the best posts that I have read in my seven years here.

The most frustrating thing that I run into in life, and on this board (which is why I try to avid back and forth discussion) is the ever present posts from liberals such as Gator, Peace, 34, etc: and really demonstrated by Philly in the last hour.........................is their absolute certainty that they know how Conservatives, Right wingers, Christians think, and what their actions really mean.

Of course it is usually 180 degrees out of whack. It is shallow cardboard displays of what the right thinks, and heaven forbid that they are faced with a strong, logical argument, such as TYTT has done, because they cannot, or will not, even try to examine any premise that goes against their built in narratives.

And then the funniest part is that the libs will project their false response back on the thread, while claiming that the other poster is projecting............it's hilarious.

I will continue to post articles and cartoons, because there is little reasoning with some of our far left friends, 

I will be amused by their stubborness, and I will pray for the continued progress of America (ALL Americans) 

Well, if you are going bring back year old threads then we need to review the best replies from back then,

and compare are it to the simpleton ramblings that were posted to bring it back

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1