Does a Man of God Like Trump Attend Church?

34 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Perhaps you could explain the context of that passage to all of us, given the enormous weight of your Biblical scholarship

Well, I'm not an expert but it's part of Jesus' address after being baptized by John. It includes the Beatitudes, and is prefaced by "judge not, yet ye be judged."

And yet, right before, it has this pearl:

But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Love that double standard 45 fans...

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Well, I'm not an expert but it's part of Jesus' address after being baptized by John. It includes the Beatitudes, and is prefaced by "judge not, yet ye be judged."

And yet, right before, it has this pearl:

Love that double standard 45 fans...

How stupid are you, honestly?

8 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

How stupid are you, honestly?

Well, I correctly referenced multiple quotes of scripture that showcase my detractors as critically flawed in their arguments and hypocritical, and they so shut down that they've moved to "I'll pray for you" in a few instances.

But if you are referring to my attempts to win people over with superior reasoning, basic research and having a horizon broader than "she turned me into a newt. BURN THE WITCH!"....

oh yeah, I know it's not going to work. I can't reach them. But then, it is fun to show how much they are what they claim to hate: a bunch of hypersensitive, whiny snowflakes with a persecution complex.

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

But if you are referring to my attempts to win people over with superior reasoning, basic research and having a horizon broader than "she turned me into a newt. BURN THE WITCH!"....

oh yeah, I know it's not going to work. I can't reach them. But then, it is fun to show how much they are what they claim to hate: a bunch of hypersensitive, whiny snowflakes with a persecution complex.

Image result for trump this shit here is why i won meme

13 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Well, I correctly referenced multiple quotes of scripture that showcase my detractors as critically flawed in their arguments and hypocritical, and they so shut down that they've moved to "I'll pray for you" in a few instances.

???? What?

You cited a Bible verse about hypocrisy. How does that relate to what you are trying to say?

17 minutes ago, B-Man said:

paine-thomes-quote-to-argue-with-a-perso

quote-the-devil-can-cite-scripture-for-h

Well, I appreciate that you understand my difficulty speaking to you and your friends. It's been like shoving electrodes into your grey matter looking for signs of life.

Also, maybe :

A) dont claim to be motivated by a work of religious text and then be butthurt when I use it against you and

B) dont include a quote, and then a quote about how quotes can be twisted by evil people. It really mixes your message.

/takes bow

28 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Image result for trump this shit here is why i won meme

*Pats head*

Awww, the beta c uck NPC can meme

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly

3 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

*Pats head*

Awww, the beta ******* NPC can meme

The "double dumbass on you" comeback is really wired into the NPC programming. 

They have nothing to offer but regurgitating talking points and virtue signaling. Driven solely by emotion and the conviction they are better than the rest of us... just because

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The "double dumbass on you" comeback is really wired into the NPC programming. 

They have nothing to offer but regurgitating talking points and virtue signaling. Driven solely by emotion and the conviction they are better than the rest of us... just because

Wow...this is...worthy of study to be honest.

I am honestly curious at this. *adjust glasses and begins dictation*

"Subject is an inhabitant of 4chan and 8chan. He repeatedly posts from the wild conspiracy known as "QAnon", a subculture dedicated to trying to piece together random reports about a secret society of devil worshipping pedophiles, which includes every president of the last century and Hillary Clinton. Donald Trump is part of a shadow movement to deliver indictments to this group."

"In spite of clinging to a theory that furry hentai fanfiction writers would be ashamed to claim, he has appropriated the term "NPC" for anyone who disagrees with him despite the reciprocal term of "soyboy" for people who cry "fascist"."

"Proximity to 4chan and the term "NPC" indicate someone who really can't get laid. I will keep observation, but I don't have long term hopes for the future."

3 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Wow...this is...worthy of study to be honest.

I am honestly curious at this. *adjust glasses and begins dictation*

"Subject is an inhabitant of 4chan and 8chan. He repeatedly posts from the wild conspiracy known as "QAnon", a subculture dedicated to trying to piece together random reports about a secret society of devil worshipping pedophiles, which includes every president of the last century and Hillary Clinton. Donald Trump is part of a shadow movement to deliver indictments to this group."

"In spite of clinging to a theory that furry hentai fanfiction writers would be ashamed to claim, he has appropriated the term "NPC" for anyone who disagrees with him despite the reciprocal term of "soyboy" for people who cry "fascist"."

"Proximity to 4chan and the term "NPC" indicate someone who really can't get laid. I will keep observation, but I don't have long term hopes for the future."

All this analysis does is prove, yet again, those basic reasoning and research skills you boasted about earlier need quite a bit of honing. There's not a factual statement in there. 

5 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I mean, come on people, you see the irony here:

The people who like to complain about a lack "traditional values", "Christian values" and want to "make America great again" went off and elected a thrice married, serial adulterer (Jesus had some words on that) who is a crooked business than with a long record of cheating poor people (something about a camel through the eye of a needle) who made promises to get rid of a government sponsored health care and keep throwing people unnecessarily into prisons ("I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.")

And I of all people, don't think it matters if Trump attends Church, because it has zero bearing on his ability to steer the ship of state and he's never claimed that in who he is. I think he is doing a terrible job regardless, but we really shouldn't be making any deal about his Church visits.

...why, yes, that is a surprisingly accurate depiction of "values voters". How astute of you.

Because we don’t want morality legislated upon us so his morality had nothing to do with it.  Also becaie we were tired of business and usual. And boy has he upset the usual business. 

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

You're awfully proud of yourself for what amounts to building a straw man and tearing it down.

Your position relies on the false premise that christians tend to hold the position that the president must be the second coming of Jesus.

Because the premise is false, everything that follows is self-indulgent rhetorical ma$turbation. Which can be fun, but it's not a game.

Edited by Swill Merchant

3 minutes ago, Swill Merchant said:

You're awfully proud of yourself for what amounts to building a straw man and tearing it down.

Your position relies on the false premise that christians tend to hold the position that the president must be the second coming of Jesus.

Because the premise is false, everything that follows is self-indulgent rhetorical ma$turbation. Which can be fun, but it's not a game.

Well, it's funny because I see them treat the opposition like the devil. And, let's be honest here, I have seen enough art of God Emperor Trump (no, I am not kidding, this sadly exists. There are parts of the internet I wish I could unsee)

In fact, I believe one of the early posters referred to HRC as the spawn of Satan. Which, hey, I didn't like her either, but hey, when one side starts basing their choices on 2000 year old myths you lose some credibility.

If I told you that I sincerely believed that Loki affixed his testicles to a goat's beard, and therefore I didn't believe in vasectomies you would look at me like I was a gibbering nutcase. But when Tasker talks about how his rights are offended because Starbucks used a different color coffee cup, his rights have been trampled and he is being persecuted. and yet, my Norse Poetic Edda reference has as much validity as his book of worship.

45 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Because we don’t want morality legislated upon us so his morality had nothing to do with it.  Also becaie we were tired of business and usual. And boy has he upset the usual business. 

...yeah. coming into work and being c ockslapped in the face is not business as usual. That doesn't make it better.

58 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

All this analysis does is prove, yet again, those basic reasoning and research skills you boasted about earlier need quite a bit of honing. There's not a factual statement in there. 

...you mean, are you willing to say that Q Anon is not a 4chan and 8chan based internet theory about...what was it again...

A secret cabal of devil worshipping pedophiles in the highest branches of government. I'm just stating that.

Are you disputing that? Because those sound like statements. and I dont see you refuting that in your last post.

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I think every president since Clinton fakes it and is really agnostic with the exception of W.  It does say something about this country that you have to at least pretend to be religious as a prerequisite for the job.

People would vote for a Muslim before they'd vote for an atheist. Things are changing, but atheists have a legitimate claim that they're the most persecuted group in the United States. 20 years from now, I expect more people to be non religious than religious. 

Absence of faith is the best thing Trump has going for himself. Don't ruin it for me or the 2 Corinthians. 

Edited by LSHMEAB

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

...you mean, are you willing to say that Q Anon is not a 4chan and 8chan based internet theory about...what was it again...

A secret cabal of devil worshipping pedophiles in the highest branches of government. I'm just stating that.

Are you disputing that? Because those sound like statements. and I dont see you refuting that in your last post.

Every word of your statement about me, and Q, are incorrect. That's what I was pointing out. You claim to be well reasoned and a good researcher, yet you bobble two very simplistic research summations. My record and what I believe in/stand for aren't hard to intuit as I'm rather open about them... and  I've shown my work in terms of how I arrived at my opinions. Q is a different beast, but your summary and definition is 100% incorrect. 

Because you don't do real research. You read spin pieces (probably then, only the headlines) and do none of the due diligence yourself.

image.jpeg.e63403d8b920629936e98a719b7c49c1.jpeg

You've outsourced your own critical thinking, which you've demonstrated with every post in the Trump/Russia threads. That's a shame. You could be so much more if only you'd put your ego aside. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

People would vote for a Muslim before they'd vote for an atheist. Things are changing, but atheists have a legitimate claim that they're the most persecuted group in the United States. 20 years from now, I expect more people to be non religious than religious. 

Absence of faith is the best thing Trump has going for himself. Don't ruin it for me or the 2 Corinthians. 

I said agnostics and atheists aren't close to Muslims as the most unpopular group in the US when it comes to religious views. 

I have no problem with presidents being religious as long as it doesn't directly impact policy (not a fan of when George W said whether truthful or not, "God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq" when it was becoming more unpopular).

Edited by Doc Brown

8 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

People would vote for a Muslim before they'd vote for an atheist.

Depends on whether the atheist is a tolerant atheist or a Zealot

Yes, there are atheist zealots.  The kind of people that get up in the face of somebody that believes in God to argue they are right and the religious person is a fool.  I've met a few atheists more fervent and zealous in their non-belief than any Christian, Jew, Muslim, or Hindu.  And in general, they act like a d*ck

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I mean, come on people, you see the irony here:

The people who like to complain about a lack "traditional values", "Christian values" and want to "make America great again" went off and elected a thrice married, serial adulterer (Jesus had some words on that) who is a crooked business than with a long record of cheating poor people

How many people did he have killed? How many accused rapists did he harbor? Did he call it a right wing conspiracy when his spouse inserted a cigar into a 22 year old kid?

Hurry.......tell us how Hillary is totally irrelevant (the party line), even though her degeneracy is the main reason that Donald J. Trump is our president. His presidency is the direct fault of the democrats, who nominated this evil crooked degenerate to oppose him.

PS: The current field of losers lining up for the dem. primary (which will probably include Hillary) looks even crazier than the last duo of disgust. :D:lol::D

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1