Michigan VS Ohio St. What say you?

TAinLack.

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

They got to play one in a bowl game last year.  Otherwise we'll never know because of compelling match ups like Bama/ La Lafayette, or ND Ball State.

:cry: me a river bruh. :lol: Boise St. beat Oklahoma once too. Occasional upsets happen, plus it can be argued Auburn was quite overrated last year. They, UCF, play a weak schedule in a weak conference and they couldn't hang against any of the other top 8.

• Like (+1) 1

Enjoy the victory OSU. Beilein and Brazdeikis are gonna whoop that *** yet again.

Part of me resents the football team. The University doesn't show nearly enough love for the best hoops coach in the nation.

The real game is at Crisler on Wednesday against UNC. 

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sorry Vader. I thought this was your year. 

The Bills have as much chance of winning the National Championship as a team coached by Jimmy H. 

I do feel for Mark though. A great poster and he always shows up among all the Buckeyes on this board. 

13 minutes ago, H2o said:

Every team plays a team or two that is not up to their level talent wise. Alabama also plays an SEC Conference schedule. UCF would lose at least 4 times in the SEC alone. They are not a power house by any means. Are they a good story? Sure. To think they could make noise in the playoff or against any of the other top 8 teams is laughable to me. 

No, some teams play a real opponent or 2 in September.... Bama chose not to pick a decent OOC opponent

Can’t force Bama to play a good opponent, but can note they refuse to man up

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

:cry: me a river bruh. :lol: Boise St. beat Oklahoma once too. Occasional upsets happen, plus it can be argued Auburn was quite overrated last year. They, UCF, play a weak schedule in a weak conference and they couldn't hang against any of the other top 8.

Maybe.  I'm more a fan of reality than supposition.  The way teams like Bama, ND, and others schedule, supposition is all we have.  The NCAA/FBS is a farce for telling teams they are eligible for the playoff, which is a demonstrable lie.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Ohio State will win. Why? Harbaugh in a big game. 

Case closed. 

Please not even close.

It's Patterson missing throws , Gentry and others dropping balls and star defenders being out causing the the defense to switch from their normal man to man to zone.

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Maybe.  I'm more a fan of reality than supposition.  The way teams like Bama, ND, and others schedule, supposition is all we have.  The NCAA/FBS is a farce for telling teams they are eligible for the playoff, which is a demonstrable lie.

I am all for an 8 team playoff to expand chances a bit. I don't really care for the 4 team setup. To try to downplay Alabama's team because the way their schedule is set up though is crazy when they play in the SEC. They blanked two teams in the CFP top 20 while having beaten 3 and still have to play UGA, another top 5 opponent. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Please not even close.

It's Patterson missing throws , Gentry and others dropping balls and star defenders being out causing the the defense to switch from their normal man to man to zone.

In other words, they sucked. They switched from man to zone because they were getting annhilated by Ohio state’s speed at WR and Haskins getting the ball out too fast for the pass rush. 

Michigan hadn’t played an offense ranked above 35 all year and the one time they did (ND) they lost, with ND’s backup who can’t pass. They hadn’t played an offense ranked above 100 on the road. Everyone knows what Ohio state’s offense is but somehow ignored it leading up to this game. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Looked great against teams as good as Towson State

Michigan isn’t a QB school, while they are there...

Cmon kiddoes man up

Was hoping to see McCaffrey come in this game. He is the future.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

In other words, they sucked. They switched from man to zone because they were getting annhilated by Ohio state’s speed at WR and Haskins getting the ball out too fast for the pass rush. 

Yes but my point is it's not a Harbaugh choke job.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

I am all for an 8 team playoff to expand chances a bit. I don't really care for the 4 team setup. To try to downplay Alabama's team because the way their schedule is set up though is crazy when they play in the SEC. They blanked two teams in the CFP top 20 while having beaten 3 and still have to play UGA, another top 5 opponent. 

Bama is very good.  One of the best teams ever.  The rest of the SEC blows this year other Han maybe Georgia.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Campbell in a Bills uni next year :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Was hoping to see McCaffrey come in this game. He is the future.

Yes but my point is it's not a Harbaugh choke job.

McCaffrey broke his collarbone weeks ago. And yes it was a choke job. Purdue, Nebraska, Maryland all attacked osu’s Defense with extreme success. What did Harbaugh do? He’s an offensive guru, no? How do you get out coached by Greg Schiano

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

McCaffrey broke his collarbone weeks ago. And yes it was a choke job. Purdue, Nebraska, Maryland all attacked osu’s Defense with extreme success. What did Harbaugh do? He’s an offensive guru, no? How do you get out coached by Greg Schiano

Harbaugh didn't make dumb decisions so this not on him it's on the players ,just like our Bills.

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Please not even close.

The defense switched cos in man they were getting killed by crossers. They fell right into the Ohio State trap and reverted to zone and then they got killed everywhere. 

It is a big game. Harbaugh turtles. This is par for the course. My post was at 0-0 as they kicked off. You can make all the excuses you want I have spent all week watching the analysts and experts say this is the game where Michigan makes a statement and puts 'Bama on notice for the playoffs and blah, blah, blah. I never had a single minutes doubt all week that Ohio State would win this game. Not one. And I haven't watched an Ohio State game in full all year. I didn't need to. This is the Harbaugh story. It has happened far too often now for anyone to believe it is bad luck or coincidence, surely?

If you want a guy to turn around a failing programme in the NFL or in CFB you should make Jim Harbaugh your first call. If you want a guy to make you a Champion? Scratch his name right off the list. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The defense switched cos in man they were getting killed by crossers. They fell right into the Ohio State trap and reverted to zone and then they got killed everywhere. 

It is a big game. Harbaugh turtles. This is par for the course. My post was at 0-0 as they kicked off. You can make all the excuses you want I have spent all week watching the analysts and experts say this is the game where Michigan makes a statement and puts 'Bama on notice for the playoffs and blah, blah, blah. I never had a single minutes doubt all week that Ohio State would win this game. Not one. And I haven't watched an Ohio State game in full all year. I didn't need to. This is the Harbaugh story. It has happened far too often now for anyone to believe it is bad luck or coincidence, surely?

If you want a guy to turn around a failing programme in the NFL or in CFB you should make Jim Harbaugh your first call. If you want a guy to make you a Champion? Scratch his name right off the list. 

I agree. He’s never won anything of significance. Even with Andrew luck. Unless you count the Sun Bowl and Fiesta Bowl. I’ve said for years his problem is sub-par recruiting and stubborn, archaic offense. Can’t beat anyone good like that. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree. He’s never won anything of significance. Even with Andrew luck. Unless you count the Sun Bowl and Fiesta Bowl.

He isn't a winner. He is a great competitor, but not a winner. Because he is too intense, too emotional and not a rational decision maker. He is bascially the same coach he was as a Quarterback. 

18 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Please not even close.

Harbaugh has beaten them as many times as me. He has 4 more losses than I do.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He isn't a winner. He is a great competitor, but not a winner. Because he is too intense, too emotional and not a rational decision maker. He is bascially the same coach he was as a Quarterback. 

kaepernick throwing 3 picks in the fourth quarter of the Superbowl is why Harbaugh doesn't have a championship.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I remember when it was wait for Speight. 

The wait for next year talk is a Harbaugh tradition. 

never claimed Speight to be great. 

McCaffrey has the genetics to be great.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

kaepernick throwing 3 picks in the fourth quarter of the Superbowl is why Harbaugh doesn't have a championship.

Not Harbaugh winding his team up so tight that they were frozen with fear the first half terrified of making a mistake? 

That is the reason he lost that Superbowl. After the electricity failed when the players had stood on the side and relaxed they came out and outplayed a team they were better than.

He was outcoached by the better Harbaugh. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Not Harbaugh winding his team up so tight that they were frozen with fear the first half terrified of making a mistake? 

That is the reason he lost that Superbowl. After the electricity failed when the players had stood on the side and relaxed they came out and outplayed a team they were better than.

He was outcoached by the better Harbaugh. 

You don't become terrified when you get wound up, you get ready to kick ass, which can cause mistakes but not because of fear.

Most coaches get their teams psyched up, it's not a big deal.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

You don't become terrified when you get wound up, you get ready to kick ass, which can cause mistakes but not because of fear.

Most coaches get their teams psyched up, it's not a big deal.

You are 100% wrong in my experience. And I have coached. When you wind people up to that extent you paralyse them and muddy their thinking. 

Even that most intense of coaches Tom Coughlin worked that out. Both Giants Superbowl weeks he was careful to relax his guys and instill a sense of calm. Clear heads win. Not "fired up" ass kickers. 

• Like (+1) 1

can someone update me on the score?  i think tOSU scored just now... my phone died in the start of the 3rd quarter while i was splitting wood.... wait, i think i just heard, tOSU scored again.

ok, no, now for real,  <wait, tOSU scored again, i heard that michigan defense was tough <tOSU touchdown...again>... so i come home and see it was 60something points put up on that inbred up country team.

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

so he lost this game ?? I don't think so, the QB, WRs and defensive injuries were the reason.

wait til McCaffrey takes over.

It is the coach’s job to recruit players in college football. If he doesn’t have them or can’t develop him, it’s his fault.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.