Where do you have to see a game before you die?

I heard this on the radio this morning driving to class and thought it was worthy of people's opinions. The commentators named the great sports venues in the major sports where there is a certain aura about them. They are places that sports fans go to see a game, not because of the teams but because of the location.

The stadiums they named are as follows...

Yankee Stadium

Fenway Park

Wrigley Field

Lambeau Field

Texas Stadium (only because the Cowboys have been America's team for so long with that stupid hole in their roof)

Madison Square Garden (for basketball)

Notre Dame's Stadium

The Rose Bowl

They said that there would have been more hockey arenas but a lot of them have been replaced by newer arenas.

I really can't agree more with their list, and am struggling to pick more sites that i have to see a game at before i die. Sports fans, let me know what you think.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard this on the radio this morning driving to class and thought it was worthy of people's opinions.  The commentators named the great sports venues in the major sports where there is a certain aura about them.  They are places that sports fans go to see a game, not because of the teams but because of the location.

The stadiums they named are as follows...

Yankee Stadium

Fenway Park

Wrigley Field

Lambeau Field

Texas Stadium (only because the Cowboys have been America's team for so long with that stupid hole in their roof)

Madison Square Garden (for basketball)

Notre Dame's Stadium

The Rose Bowl

They said that there would have been more hockey arenas but a lot of them have been replaced by newer arenas.

I really can't agree more with their list, and am struggling to pick more sites that i have to see a game at before i die.  Sports fans, let me know what you think.

285753[/snapback]

How about None of the Above?

I want to see a Christian get eaten by a lion in Rome’s Coliseum

285760[/snapback]

I was just at the Roman Coliseum- amazing! They used to flood it and have naval battles in the stadium. They would also have lion versus hippo, tiger versus elephant, mano y mano till the death, etc. Its amazing that the Romans could transports all those animals from Africa to Rome

I was just at the Roman Coliseum- amazing!  They used to flood it and have naval battles in the stadium.  They would also have lion versus hippo, tiger versus elephant, mano y mano till the death, etc.  Its amazing that the Romans could transports all those animals from Africa to Rome

285763[/snapback]

I also heard that emperors would often fight someone who would have vegence in this world or the next there.

I've been to Fenway and Wrigley just to experience it(I had already thrown baseball on the scrap heap after the last time they went on strike). I'm glad I did, because those old parks won't be there forever.

If there was one place I'd like to see a game at before I die, it would be Cameron Arena to see a Duke basketball game. Unfortunately, unless you want to be at the mercy of a scalper or "ticket broker", you're not getting in.

This probably won't be a respected answer, but I'd love to see a tennis match at Center Court in Wimbledon...

CW

285893[/snapback]

Another similar one, which probably no one gives a squat here...

A classic India Vs Australia One-Day international at the Melbource Cricket Ground (MCG) in the Australian Summer and to boot if that was a World Cup Final.

Jeesh Texas Stadium? I've been there and that place is a DUMP.

I have been to games at Yankee Stadium (after the renovation, though), Wrigley Field (before they put lights up), Tiger Stadium (sat in the rightfield overhang), Madison Square Garden (for hockey), and Boston Garden (also hockey). All were semi-religious experiences.

Fenway is the one remaining place on my must-see list. Whenever I'm in Boston, it's either the offseason or the Sox are out of town.