Schefter: Jaguars Will Likely Consider Trading Jalen Ramsey in the Offseason - Team Issues Denial

26CornerBlitz

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Well sure he's good, but you have to wonder why his own staff isn't doing everything they can to keep him on the team. Makes you wonder. Talking ***** on a bunch of QB's isn't  a great way to ingratiate yourself with other teams in the long term. I'm sure he was feeling pretty high on the hog when they were contending for the AFC, but humility goes a long way. You can tout your own skills without referring to someone else as trash.

They Jags deny the rumors.  If true, it could be an issue with Marrone (where have we heard that before?). 

I think the interviewer asked him what he thought of the various QBs and he gave his opinion.  He wasn't out volunteering his thoughts.  He used harsh language, but it was just his opinion.  Doesn't make him right.  And again, he can help a team be better to a degree.    If Josh Allen is who te Bills need him to be he can't wait for next Sunday.  Bet you they put Foster out there and go deep on the first offensive play.  Especially if Ramsey is on him.

8 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

White >>>>>>>> Ramsey

though I wouldn’t mind having him. The defense would be absolutely filthy. 

Tre is great.  Ramsey is too.  Different personalities but not results.  They both dominate.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Augie said:

The other option they are considering is to glue his mouth shut and keep him, but apparently there’s an issue with that in the CBA..... 

If you glue his mouth to shut him up he will then be speaking out of his arse and saying more shiiitty stuff. 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 11/18/2018 at 9:03 AM, BringBackOrton said:

They drafted a lot of players with high picks. Which is what the Bills are going to do this year.

They spent a lot of money in FA because they shed all their expensive contracts and had money to spend. Which is what the Bills are going to do this year.

They drafted a QB high in the first round and hoped he improved. Which is what the Bills did last year. 

So what are you talking about again?

Yea, this isn't fully accurate...

1. What's a "high pick?" A lot of bottom feeder teams have a lot of "high picks" over the years and can certainly lead to cap hell, but there's no guarantee of that. The more pertinent point is the number of top 5-10 picks in that short of a time all demanding extension money, and then choosing to pay them. Bills don't have that kind of first round draft capital in terms of player results, yet. All depends on how contracts are managed, which get extended, and which are better off being cut.

2. Might not be as much of a spree as you think - we'll make moves, but I believe Beane mentioned in that recent presser that he wouldn't spend the bank in FA and still be judicious in finding the right guys...

3. We both drafted a QB high in the first and hope(d) he shows improvement. The difference? The Jags extended Bortles...LMAO. We have time before having to bite that bullet and can fully assess Allen - but don't look for him to get extended like they did Bortles if he doesn't pan out.

The writing is on the wall, but no where near as similar as you think.

1 hour ago, ctk232 said:

Yea, this isn't fully accurate...

1. What's a "high pick?" A lot of bottom feeder teams have a lot of "high picks" over the years and can certainly lead to cap hell, but there's no guarantee of that. The more pertinent point is the number of top 5-10 picks in that short of a time all demanding extension money, and then choosing to pay them. Bills don't have that kind of first round draft capital in terms of player results, yet. All depends on how contracts are managed, which get extended, and which are better off being cut.

2. Might not be as much of a spree as you think - we'll make moves, but I believe Beane mentioned in that recent presser that he wouldn't spend the bank in FA and still be judicious in finding the right guys...

3. We both drafted a QB high in the first and hope(d) he shows improvement. The difference? The Jags extended Bortles...LMAO. We have time before having to bite that bullet and can fully assess Allen - but don't look for him to get extended like they did Bortles if he doesn't pan out.

The writing is on the wall, but no where near as similar as you think.

1. Uh, the Bills will have White/Allen/Edmunds and the 2018 first rounder all demanding big money around the same time.

2. Well, if that's the case, our team probably won't get the shot in the arm they need.  But we hear all the time "we have $90M in space, wait til Beane spends it!"

3. Let's say the Bills sign 2-3 expensive FAs in the next two years.  Josh Allen improves but isn't proven franchise QB material yet.  We'll legitimately be in the exact same situation as the Jags, because what else are you going to do?  Not try to improve the team around your young QB?

Also, no chance we don't extend Allen if he has a Bortles career. McD and Beane kept Peterman on the roster. You think they're going to let the golden boy they waited two years to draft walk?  He'd have to be as bad as Peterman.

Edited by BringBackOrton

If the Jags are in full rebuild mode then trading Ramsey makes sense. They could be cutting 3 key vet D-line players (Campbell, Dareus, and Malik Jackson) to get out of cap hell along with having major offensive issues (Bortles sucks and they need better skill position players.) 

If they decide to go with a rookie QB then trading Ramsey for some legit draft picks that could help them trade up for QB or add pieces to a offense lacking critical pieces. 

On 11/18/2018 at 10:58 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Coughlin must be tired of the distraction that he brings to think about trading such a good player.

I love Jalen Ramsey, the player. He’s among the best at his position.

But there is NO argument to be made that he is worth equal, let alone MORE, than K. Mack in a trade. Not even close. Just a ridiculous premise all the way around. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/18/2018 at 2:04 PM, BringBackOrton said:

Turns out drafting QB’s, drafting other players, and signing good FAs is really the only way to build a good team.

QB like Brees, Rodgers, Brady helps with everything to say. 

With Taylor or Fitz need a good D or little help on offense they need help. Bill's draft Josh Allen hoping to get top tier for QBS

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

I love Jalen Ramsey, the player. He’s among the best at his position.

But there is NO argument to be made that he is worth equal, let alone MORE, than K. Mack in a trade. Not even close. Just a ridiculous premise all the way around. 

It all depends on what you have and what you need.

22 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

1. Uh, the Bills will have White/Allen/Edmunds and the 2018 first rounder all demanding big money around the same time.

2. Well, if that's the case, our team probably won't get the shot in the arm they need.  But we hear all the time "we have $90M in space, wait til Beane spends it!"

3. Let's say the Bills sign 2-3 expensive FAs in the next two years.  Josh Allen improves but isn't proven franchise QB material yet.  We'll legitimately be in the exact same situation as the Jags, because what else are you going to do?  Not try to improve the team around your young QB?

Also, no chance we don't extend Allen if he has a Bortles career. McD and Beane kept Peterman on the roster. You think they're going to let the golden boy they waited two years to draft walk?  He'd have to be as bad as Peterman.

Juuuuuuust trying to add in context...but either way

1. White will be the first to be paid/extended as his contract is up in two years. Allen and Edmunds are still under contract for three, but you also have to take into account the positions. If Allen pans out, his and White will be the most expensive as the QB and DB positions currently have high salary averages. LBs are not one of those positions - look at Keuchly's contract. Edmunds will likely be resigned for much less than it would take the Rams to resign Donald, or Jags to pay a Dareus. If your first round talent is concentrated on "glory" positions like WR, DB, QB, DL, OT then you likely will end up paying more. But with our current crop, we won't actually have to invest all that much to extend our current talent. 

2. Which leads me into the second point. Having the cap space isn't just positive for what we can spend in 2019. You can't be so limited in your outlook. Having this much free cap also means not having as much dead cap in the years when we do have to extend these contracts. It's also part of the reason why Beane is approaching this judiciously and not overpaying middling/average talent when we'll need the money to extend in a couple years time. So yes, having a huge cap is a great benefit for the future, beyond 2019. Not to mention more money is ALWAYS better than having no money. Regardless of how much we spend, at least we have the resources to go after talent that we identify as an absolute need. Especially along the OL where I believe we should spend the majority of our FA money. But simply having that much cap is better and arguing that is just foolish. If Beane is planning on being judicious, that means we hopefully won't repeat the Whaley disaster of overspending on a team that wasn't anywhere near playoff/SB ready, and having stupid dead cap in later years that can hamstring a team trying to win/build/rebuild/anything...

3.  They waited two years to draft Allen? I'm not sure about that. But hey, only time can tell here whether Allen develops enough to extend his contract - but I truly don't see enough to say the same thing will happen here that did in Jax. I get where you're coming from with how long it took them to address the back up position - that even raised eyebrows for me when Beane admitted he took too long to address this. HOWEVER, credit where credit is due, Peterman is gone now, and I do think they give Allen the benefit of the doubt considering he's their guy. But I also don't think Beane invests in a lost cause - especially not if he puts up Bortles numbers. I'll say this about the Bortles extension: the whole of the NFL thought Bortles was finally showing his developed form after reaching the conference finals. No GM would've been blamed for extending a QB that serviced them to the finals. However, even though Bortles doesn't pass the eye test of the most casual fan, I believe that Coughlin saw enough in him to say "if he helped get us to the conference finals, he's worth another three years." Which is essentially the extension term if you are looking to win an SB. Coughlin knew he only had about 2-3 more years before he lost players to other contracts and getting priced out, so he went all in on the guy that was on the roster that "proved" he could help them along to the conference finals. This was his hope. I don't think Coughlin believes Bortles is a true franchise guy, just a QB who can manage an offense to not lose games it's defense keeps them in. The issue is that Bortles isn't that guy and is now regressing like we all thought. 

Whether or not my assumptions are correct, don't look for the same thing to happen. We are not a team a game away from the SB like the jags were at the end of last year. Prior to that, they were a team that were becoming everyone's next top AFC competitor outside the Pats. Hopefully we have a competitive team in the 2-3 years before we extend Allen, but I don't see us contending for a SB in that time forcing an extension on a QB just because he's there. Lastly, don't underestimate our influence as a fan base either, Jags fans have been primarily passive compared to the mafia. We're the only fans that have created two gofundme pages to cut the same player, and that most certainly was heard. KB has been hearing us all season and is now a head case with weight issues - not addressing blame, but simply saying we're heard. 

26 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Juuuuuuust trying to add in context...but either way

1. White will be the first to be paid/extended as his contract is up in two years. Allen and Edmunds are still under contract for three, but you also have to take into account the positions. If Allen pans out, his and White will be the most expensive as the QB and DB positions currently have high salary averages. LBs are not one of those positions - look at Keuchly's contract. Edmunds will likely be resigned for much less than it would take the Rams to resign Donald, or Jags to pay a Dareus. If your first round talent is concentrated on "glory" positions like WR, DB, QB, DL, OT then you likely will end up paying more. But with our current crop, we won't actually have to invest all that much to extend our current talent. 

2. Which leads me into the second point. Having the cap space isn't just positive for what we can spend in 2019. You can't be so limited in your outlook. Having this much free cap also means not having as much dead cap in the years when we do have to extend these contracts. It's also part of the reason why Beane is approaching this judiciously and not overpaying middling/average talent when we'll need the money to extend in a couple years time. So yes, having a huge cap is a great benefit for the future, beyond 2019. Not to mention more money is ALWAYS better than having no money. Regardless of how much we spend, at least we have the resources to go after talent that we identify as an absolute need. Especially along the OL where I believe we should spend the majority of our FA money. But simply having that much cap is better and arguing that is just foolish. If Beane is planning on being judicious, that means we hopefully won't repeat the Whaley disaster of overspending on a team that wasn't anywhere near playoff/SB ready, and having stupid dead cap in later years that can hamstring a team trying to win/build/rebuild/anything...

3.  They waited two years to draft Allen? I'm not sure about that. But hey, only time can tell here whether Allen develops enough to extend his contract - but I truly don't see enough to say the same thing will happen here that did in Jax. I get where you're coming from with how long it took them to address the back up position - that even raised eyebrows for me when Beane admitted he took too long to address this. HOWEVER, credit where credit is due, Peterman is gone now, and I do think they give Allen the benefit of the doubt considering he's their guy. But I also don't think Beane invests in a lost cause - especially not if he puts up Bortles numbers. I'll say this about the Bortles extension: the whole of the NFL thought Bortles was finally showing his developed form after reaching the conference finals. No GM would've been blamed for extending a QB that serviced them to the finals. However, even though Bortles doesn't pass the eye test of the most casual fan, I believe that Coughlin saw enough in him to say "if he helped get us to the conference finals, he's worth another three years." Which is essentially the extension term if you are looking to win an SB. Coughlin knew he only had about 2-3 more years before he lost players to other contracts and getting priced out, so he went all in on the guy that was on the roster that "proved" he could help them along to the conference finals. This was his hope. I don't think Coughlin believes Bortles is a true franchise guy, just a QB who can manage an offense to not lose games it's defense keeps them in. The issue is that Bortles isn't that guy and is now regressing like we all thought. 

Whether or not my assumptions are correct, don't look for the same thing to happen. We are not a team a game away from the SB like the jags were at the end of last year. Prior to that, they were a team that were becoming everyone's next top AFC competitor outside the Pats. Hopefully we have a competitive team in the 2-3 years before we extend Allen, but I don't see us contending for a SB in that time forcing an extension on a QB just because he's there. Lastly, don't underestimate our influence as a fan base either, Jags fans have been primarily passive compared to the mafia. We're the only fans that have created two gofundme pages to cut the same player, and that most certainly was heard. KB has been hearing us all season and is now a head case with weight issues - not addressing blame, but simply saying we're heard. 

Good and fair points but I'll say this:

If we aren't playoff/"make a run" contenders 2 years from now, both McD and Beane should be fired. 

If we don't have salary cap constraints in 2-3 years, we don't have enough good players.  

This is the new NFL.  There is no excuse anymore. You don't get to tank for a year or two and then scrape out an 8-8 year.

Say what you will about Whaley (I think he was mediocre at best) but he understood that in the new NFL, you accumulate talent over the short term and make your run.  His issue was basically ignoring the QB position while doing so (and some questionable "talent").  The Jags have the same problem.  There is NO reason they shouldn't have drafted a decent QB prospect since Bortles.  NONE.

Edited by BringBackOrton