Ohio -52 UB-17 - Buh-bye ranking.

PromoTheRobot

Tyree has regressed imo.  He was getting hyped as maybe a future first round draft pick coming into this season.  Midway through this season he was maybe a 2nd day pick. Now he looks like a day 3 pick at best.  His accuracy has been terrible this season 

17 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Lol at the posters blaming the refs in this thread.

UB can't tackle. They look awful.

UB looks awful tonight.

Not one person has said that officiating cost them the game. I pointed out some really bad calls. Did I say that's why they're losing though? No. They'd still be getting crushed. So congrats on the really stupid post (when don't you say stupid things though?).

Edited by suorangefan4

5 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

UB looks awful tonight.

Not one person has said that officiating cost them the game. I pointed out some really bad calls. Did I say that's why they're losing though? No. They'd still be getting crushed. So congrats on the really stupid post (when don't you say stupid things though?).

Oh no... SU Orange fan, you really got me with that last statement in parentheses. Whatever will I do now?

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Tyree has regressed imo.  He was getting hyped as maybe a future first round draft pick coming into this season.  Midway through this season he was maybe a 2nd day pick. Now he looks like a day 3 pick at best.  His accuracy has been terrible this season 

He was never seriously talked about as a first rounder pre season.

3 games in throwing 4 TDs a game people got crazy and started saying he should leave early and he was a first rounder

but that is wild. He is very talented but super inconsistent 

I’ve been saying all season he needs another year of seasoning and I don’t see him going first round or even second at this point

more like 4-5 round based on his size and physical qualities 

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

MAC officiating. UB has always been an interloper in the conference. Ohio is a favored school.

UB is getting their assess kicked in. Their defense is being repeatedly gashed by Ohio. The officials have nothing to do with Ohio brutalizing them. Stop making lame excuses!

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, suorangefan4 said:

***** off Tyree

And lol at them calling us for holding with all the holding Ohio has done and not been called for. 

I kne tyree was nothing worth talking about when he had to play without AJ.

KJ Osborne may get a look though so there is that

55 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He was never seriously talked about as a first rounder pre season.

3 games in throwing 4 TDs a game people got crazy and started saying he should leave early and he was a first rounder

but that is wild. He is very talented but super inconsistent 

I’ve been saying all season he needs another year of seasoning and I don’t see him going first round or even second at this point

more like 4-5 round based on his size and physical qualities 

I honestly don't think Tyree is super talented. I need to see him next year with Charlie Jones and Tito Ortiz as his guys. Let's not forget that drew anderson came in with this team and had 500 and 7 TDs in that ot loss lat year with Johnson Mabry and Osborne. To make matters more complex. Kyle Vantrese came in the game Anderson got hurt and es pretty good too.

When your running game consists of the second coming of James Starks Jared Patterson and Brandon Thermilus it doesn't hurt either

Lastly, the offensive line WAS a force Tyree Jackson had only been sacked 1 time before the Toledo game I believe. 

5 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

I honestly don't think Tyree is super talented. I need to see him next year with Charlie Jones and Tito Ortiz as his guys. Let's not forget that drew anderson came in with this team and had 500 and 7 TDs in that ot loss lat year with Johnson Mabry and Osborne. To make matters more complex. Kyle Vantrese came in the game Anderson got hurt and es pretty good too.

When your running game consists of the second coming of James Starks Jared Patterson and Brandon Thermilus it doesn't hurt either

Lastly, the offensive line WAS a force Tyree Jackson had only been sacked 1 time before the Toledo game I believe. 

When I say talented I mean a gifted athlete.

I have been to or watched / listened to every game since their inception back to D1 and he is hands down their actual only NFL prospect they ever had at QB. And that includes Willy and Licata 

As for Anderson , yes he was a very good passer and I hated to see him transfer to Richmond but this was always gonna be Tyrees team with Leipold 

Vantrease is no where near Tyrees or Anderson’s level at the moment

What UB does have is a very friendly offensive system which makes it players look good and puts them in good spots

Next year with KJ Osborne, Charlie Jones, Antionio Nunn and the stud RBs I still see a good year without AJ

I really like Charlie Jones as a dependable target for the next 3 years

I was hyping Tyree with the rest of them. But watching him play this year I've cooled on him a lot. He's too inaccurate. If he had any thoughts if declaring for the draft, this game should cure that.

I'm still sold on Anthony Johnson, though. But that defense? Ay yi yi! They've been lit up before but the offense bailed them out. Not tonight.

As I said before. Still a great season. Gonna get a bowl game. Likely a berth in the MAC championship, assuming they don't throw up on themselves at Bowling Green next week. But forget getting ranked and forget a prestige bowl . 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Has Kyle Vantrese lost the backup QB job to Dominick Johnson?

got mop up duty last week and yanked fairly quick ... and Johnson went in for Jackson today

can be an interesting situation moving forward 

that Oulette is a little monster, any chance he gets an invite to a camp?

that one arm push up into the endzone was all process.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

So if that what football is liked played in a studio I want no part of it. Granted the score had a lot to do with it, but I turned that game pretty early as it was offsetting with no crowd. 

Damn, start of the 3rd looked like 100 people there, and I am not being facetious. 

All the motivation was on ohio's side.  In a vacuum im not sure ub beats ohio without playing a clean game, so im not sure this was a big surprise.  Very glad it didnt cost the division.

The silver lining is now, ub could/should get a manageable opponent in their bowl game.  Maybe win to cap the season.  

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I can see him getting a camp invite.

maybe a change to FB will be in his future depending on his speed but he was all grit 

a true old school MAC back

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why did they play on a Wednesday? I didn’t even realize that game was on. 

You were better off not knowing that it was on! Buffalo's defense was brutal, especially its run defense. It was a reprise of the Army game. 

On the positive side if you put things in perspective UB is having a terrific season. The most important aspect of this season is that the "program" is year by year getting better. It's evident that the talent base is getting wider.The number of legitimate pro prospects on the roster is increasing. I'm impressed with the receiver group and the OL group. 

I'm not as zealously invested in UB as PTR is so I can fairly say that I am more objective.(Few can challenge him of his knowledge about the program.) Without question the losses that they have sustained have exposed the imbalance on the roster between the offense and defense. Nevertheless, UB should be playing in the championship game in Detroit and be invited to a bowl game. When everything is tabulated the coach is steadily moving the program up the ranks. He has taken a program that was comatose and over time made it an entertaining and a success with the future looking much brighter. Assuming the HC stays with the program its fans should be very optimistic. 

The game was not enjoyable from any standpoint, unless you are an Ohio supporter.  Was pretty clear it wasnt going to be competitive.  Whenever UB made a play in the 1st half that might get them rolling, it would be negated by a fumble, bad bounce, or penalty.  

Ohio is the real deal.  Also came in with an obvious mental edge.  

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

When I say talented I mean a gifted athlete.

I have been to or watched / listened to every game since their inception back to D1 and he is hands down their actual only NFL prospect they ever had at QB. And that includes Willy and Licata 

As for Anderson , yes he was a very good passer and I hated to see him transfer to Richmond but this was always gonna be Tyrees team with Leipold 

Vantrease is no where near Tyrees or Anderson’s level at the moment

What UB does have is a very friendly offensive system which makes it players look good and puts them in good spots

Next year with KJ Osborne, Charlie Jones, Antionio Nunn and the stud RBs I still see a good year without AJ

I really like Charlie Jones as a dependable target for the next 3 years

I also have been a season ticket holder since the daeja of Cliff Scott and Craig Guest. I was only 11 but so what lol. The only qb that I can say unequivocally could have been a pro besides Tyree was Chad Salisbury. The stature of the 2 goes a long way. 

I wasn't saying Vantrese was on the level but he still could move the ball in this offense. Low you said it is a real friendly scheme.

I almost 100% agree with this post. And you may be right. I would like to see maybe even a less dynamic qb who can spread it all around. Jackson throws a nice deep ball but is a little too indecisive and too polar for my taste. Too hot and cold. What would you say? 3rd 4th found for him?

14 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

I also have been a season ticket holder since the daeja of Cliff Scott and Craig Guest. I was only 11 but so what lol. The only qb that I can say unequivocally could have been a pro besides Tyree was Chad Salisbury. The stature of the 2 goes a long way. 

I wasn't saying Vantrese was on the level but he still could move the ball in this offense. Low you said it is a real friendly scheme.

I almost 100% agree with this post. And you may be right. I would like to see maybe even a less dynamic qb who can spread it all around. Jackson throws a nice deep ball but is a little too indecisive and too polar for my taste. Too hot and cold. What would you say? 3rd 4th found for him?

He is Super streaky. It really can be frustrating watching a kid who can be so hot and cold.

Anything is possible in regard to his draft position next season. Depending on how his sr campaign goes...

in a complete WTF holy **** MVP year he can maybe squeak into the top 2-3 rounds based on his size 

if he has another season like this... very streaky...but showing signs...

i still see him getting drafted but later like Round 5-7

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

As I said before. Still a great season. Gonna get a bowl game. Likely a berth in the MAC championship, assuming they don't throw up on themselves at Bowling Green next week. But forget getting ranked and forget a prestige bowl . 

After last night I'm kinda' concerned that UB can even be competitive in a MAC Championship and a Bowl game?  NIU is solid and whoever they play in a 3rd tier Bowl game will be pretty good.  That loss was so lopsided I feel like UB was exposed and shown to be a bit of a fraud with their 9-1 record.  We'll see.  If they really are good the Bowling Green game shouldn't even be close.  But let's remember, it's the MAC..  That Ohio team we saw last night barely beat Kent State 27-26.

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

It was crazy to see how many UB defenders bounced off that guy.  Either he was greased up with vaseline or he simply cannot be brought down on first contact.  He should be playing for Army.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He is Super streaky. It really can be frustrating watching a kid who can be so hot and cold.

Anything is possible in regard to his draft position next season. Depending on how his sr campaign goes...

in a complete WTF holy **** MVP year he can maybe squeak into the top 2-3 rounds based on his size 

if he has another season like this... very streaky...but showing signs...

i still see him getting drafted but later like Round 5-7

So you think he stays another year

4 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

So you think he stays another year

Yes 100%.

This team has been loading up for a while and this season has looked like a winner for a while

Before the season started , I had a feeling UB would have some kids names in The spotlight .. had a good amount on preseason lists

but yes, Tyree is a smart kid... if people around UB know he isn’t ready yet, I doubt he will jump early when he can stay and improve 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yes 100%.

This team has been loading up for a while and this season has looked like a winner for a while

Before the season started , I had a feeling UB would have some kids names in The spotlight .. had a good amount on preseason lists

but yes, Tyree is a smart kid... if people around UB know he isn’t ready yet, I doubt he will jump early when he can stay and improve 

I am 1000% on board with that. I just see a weaker qb class so he might want to strike while the iron is hot. KJ is going to be a bright spot next year. I am wondering what will come of TE. Mabry i's a senior right

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I can see him getting a camp invite.

maybe a change to FB will be in his future depending on his speed but he was all grit 

a true old school MAC back

he seemed kind of small for FB, I was thinking slot back.

4 hours ago, zow2 said:

After last night I'm kinda' concerned that UB can even be competitive in a MAC Championship and a Bowl game?  NIU is solid and whoever they play in a 3rd tier Bowl game will be pretty good.  That loss was so lopsided I feel like UB was exposed and shown to be a bit of a fraud with their 9-1 record.  We'll see.  If they really are good the Bowling Green game shouldn't even be close.  But let's remember, it's the MAC..  That Ohio team we saw last night barely beat Kent State 27-26.

It was crazy to see how many UB defenders bounced off that guy.  Either he was greased up with vaseline or he simply cannot be brought down on first contact.  He should be playing for Army.

Or the Bills ;)

2 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

I am 1000% on board with that. I just see a weaker qb class so he might want to strike while the iron is hot. KJ is going to be a bright spot next year. I am wondering what will come of TE. Mabry i's a senior right

Mabry is a RS JR fortunately and should be back and a key piece 

Tyree, KJ, Mabry, Nunn, Charlie Jones , Patterson, Marks, Reed, Hawkins. Good core coming back 

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

If I'm Ohio coach Frank Solich, I call the BGSU coaching staff and offer them their Buffalo game plan. Seriously. Ohio needs Buffalo to lose next week.

Sure Ohio needs it but Buffalo was embarrassed yesterday and also needs it now

and BGSU doesn’t really have the weapons that Ohio does to do that fortunately 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

he seemed kind of small for FB, I was thinking slot back.

Or the Bills ;)

He’s listed at like 5’9 210

he isn’t huge but not small, and you saw how much of a load he was to bring down lol

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Sure Ohio needs it but Buffalo was embarrassed yesterday and also needs it now

and BGSU doesn’t really have the weapons that Ohio does to do that fortunately 

He’s listed at like 5’9 210

he isn’t huge but not small, and you saw how much of a load he was to bring down lol

looked smaller, could play RB then, will be interesting to see how it goes.

On 11/8/2018 at 6:44 AM, zow2 said:

I still think it's a pretty big game for a number of reasons. First off- ESPN2.  It's national and a good showing is always great for recruiting.  Also, players will want to showcase their talents for the next level on a national stage.  With a win at Ohio, BG and in the MAC championship, that might position UB for a bigger Bowl game against a P-5 second tier team.  Lose to Ohio and they will probably be slotted in for the Dollar General or Potato Bowl or whatever.

Win and it takes the "anything can happen (lose)" possibility off the table vs. Bowling Green.  

I remember on the Coach sitcom when Minnesota State got invited to the popcorn bowl and giant bags of popcorn were left in their rooms. That was hilarious.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/14/2018 at 7:54 PM, JohnC said:

UB is getting their assess kicked in. Their defense is being repeatedly gashed by Ohio. The officials have nothing to do with Ohio brutalizing them. Stop making lame excuses!

Very disappointing performance!

43 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

John C loves to point out the officiating isn't why UB lost, which is true. But note Ohio didn't get a single penalty call.

Some people just love to focus on penalties, etc,,  Clearly this was a game that penalties didn't matter one bit.  I didn't look at the box score but I'm guessing Ohio got nearly 700 yards of offense. Did the UB defense even cause one negative play for Ohio?  it was incredible.  That was such an a$$-kicking that it was like watching Alabama demolish Gardner-Webb or something.   The shine is off the season for me.  Really good teams don't get beaten down like that.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.