Peterman actually played quite well!

Rubes

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You must have loved the end of the half play when he was too scared to throw a Hail Mary pass from the Bears 37 to the end zone and instead tucked the ball only to run out of bounds with no time left.  Brilliant!

I did not say he was perfect 26, I think he did as well as he could with the way everyone else on the offense was playing.  I do not hate the guy!

Just now, BobDVA said:

I did not say he was perfect 26, I think he did as well as he could with the way everyone else on the offense was playing.  I do not hate the guy!

If a limited QB has that little situational awareness, then he has no business being on an NFL field.  

47 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You mean like throwing  a minus 4 yard out on third & three?  

As if we've never seen this crap before. 

EJ, TT....

Losman, Holcomb....

I think you keep rolling out Peterman until Allen is ready. Let Anderson do what he was brought in to do which is mentor Allen. This season is lost and if there is any consideration in regards to keep Peterman on the roster remainder of the year or next season he needs to play.

2 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

I think you keep rolling out Peterman until Allen is ready. Let Anderson do what he was brought in to do which is mentor Allen. This season is lost and if there is any consideration in regards to keep Peterman on the roster remainder of the year or next season he needs to play.

Why not try Barkley?  He's here now.....will he do any worse?  they're all garbage (not placing JA in that catagory as no one has any idea how he will do in the future) 

29 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

EJ couldn't complete them.

Haha. Keep hating. EJ would be the best qb on this roster.  Compare their career numbers. EJ had a better start to his rookie year than Allen and it’s not really close.  That’s how bad our qbs are.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha. Keep hating. EJ would be the best qb on this roster.  Compare their career numbers. EJ had a better start to his rookie year than Allen and it’s not really close.  That’s how bad our qbs are.

Never cared for EJ but this is true....good point....

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

He is, statistically, the worst QB ever to play the game

We're not talking about one bad game distorting an otherwise solid body of work; he's absolutely atrocious all of the time. As in unforgivably bad.

He's been outplayed by a rookie from Wyoming that isn't close to being caught up to the speed of the NFL game.

He's literally thrown away 3 games purely on his terrible passing.

I don't understand the visceral disdain for the third string qb. If you want to exhibit your revulsion then direct it toward the pathetic play of the OL that makes it difficult for either the running and passing plays to develop. If you want to express your disdain for the play of a particular position then it would be more appropriate to direct it toward the receivers who in general couldn't get free from an arthritic 90 CB. The issue of the low quality play from Peterman is easily resolved when the qbs ahead of him are healthy enough. The main problem with this team has little to do with the qb who only plays when the two qbs ahead of him are injured.The substantive problem is that the starters on the OL and receiving unit aren't even good enough to be adequate backups. 

I don't want to generalize the problem with the receivers and include Zay Jones in that incapable mix because he is starting to play fairly well. I believe with good qbing he will be a productive receiver. 

I also want to offer congrats to you and your family for the new addition. I hope you are not spending too much time on the internet in your attempt to avoid doing your fair share in changing the diapers.:)

33 minutes ago, JPP said:

Why not try Barkley?  He's here now.....will he do any worse?  they're all garbage (not placing JA in that catagory as no one has any idea how he will do in the future) 

If the coaching staff believes he knows enough of the playbook and are potentially interested in bringing him back next year that would be fine. I rather eliminate any doubt about whether Peterman can play in this league. If they keep him on the roster and can't rely on him to be the backup he serves no purpose on this team and should be cut.

Edited by billieve420

26 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I don't understand the visceral disdain for the third string qb. If you want to exhibit your revulsion then direct it toward the pathetic play of the OL that makes it difficult for either the running and passing plays to develop. If you want to express your disdain for the play of a particular position then it would be more appropriate to direct it toward the receivers who in general couldn't get free from an arthritic 90 CB. The issue of the low quality play from Peterman is easily resolved when the qbs ahead of him are healthy enough. The main problem with this team has little to do with the qb who only plays when the two qbs ahead of him are injured.The substantive problem is that the starters on the OL and receiving unit aren't even good enough to be adequate backups. 

I don't want to generalize the problem with the receivers and include Zay Jones in that incapable mix because he is starting to play fairly well. I believe with good qbing he will be a productive receiver. 

I also want to offer congrats to you and your family for the new addition. I hope you are not spending too much time on the internet in your attempt to avoid doing your fair share in changing the diapers.:)

All of what you say makes sense; I just happen to evaluate the QB play mutually exclusive from the rest of the offense.

It's possible that Peterman would be an ok QB3 if he were surrounded by excellent role players; he isn't.

Thanks for the well wishes; little miss Bandette is doing great! I'm more of a workhorse dad than an avoider; I'd say the diaper ratio has been 98/1/1 for dad/mom/twins ?

46 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean..... EJ actually had a nice start to his career in general. but that sad thing is over the last month present day ej would be a better option. 

"first month of his career" EJ in a heartbeat. lol.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JPP said:

You could only put so much makeup on a pig but will get the same results.......expect better than the crap we had the last few years.....JA may have some hope....may....

You should know I’m busting chops here (previously) 

We need better.  Nate should not be the starter but due to injury he is.  

We all hope Josh has learned these past weeks.  

(Oh and my pig is prettier) 

• Haha (+1) 1

Every interception was a poorly thrown ball to a receiver that was well covered. He made poor decisions all game and hung onto the ball too long. I will certainly give him the throw to KB that should have been caught for a TD. 

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I know just tired of the crap thats been rolling through here......I think they could of addressed the issue better in the offseason than the results we have now.....thats on coaching......im afraid to now believing that McClappy has no clue whatsoever at addressing the QB position...also applies to JA......you go to all this trouble to get this guy and go into the season with peterman as the only other QB available was a recipe for disaster....plus to compound this you do absoloutely NOTHING to get any help for this rookie QB you moved up to get!  Either they didnt care or simply had blind faith in Peterman that he would produce as a compatant starting QB??.....Clappy should not be obtaining "offensive" players......so far its been a dismal failure.....

21 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

glad about your pig....lol......

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Every time Peterman takes the field dink/dunk seems to be the game plan. 

Look at his career yards per attempt.  Look at it. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PeteNa00.htm

Ok, I looked at it lol. And y'know what, you're right, it's not good. 

And amongst starters Josh Allen's is the lowest in the league. Josh the strong armed flame throwing field stretcher.

Daboll pretty much has to run a predominately ultra conservative 'horizontal' offence. Quite apart from the QB position, he just hasn't got the O-line and WR corps to do anything else. YPA is a reasonably reliable indicator of team success, but it is for that reason in large measure a team stat. You cannot pin it all on the QB because the calc does not adjust for receiver or O-line quality or for scheme. The adjusted calc is even less accurate as a pure QB performance measurement because, for example, sack yards come out of the gross passing yards total and sacks are added to attempts.

Conversely, but to same point, guys like Montana and Warner are going to have great YPAs in part because of the playmakers at their disposal. Our QBs may be able to manage the occasional seven yard slant, but there is no Rice or Taylor here to take it 90 yards to the house. 

And it's probably worth mentioning that Josh and Nate are not only on bad offences, but they are raw, inexperienced players, both of them. All of this year's first rounders who are starting are right at the bottom of the league in YPA, even the ones who are clearly talented passers (as far as prospects are concerned). 

2 hours ago, JPP said:

Never cared for EJ but this is true....good point....

EJ was the only QB I can remember recently marching down the field like a boss to win a game with a TD in the last two minutes, at Carolina.

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

He isnt the 3rd stringer, he was the starter this season.

I cant believe the love shown here to a scrub QB who has shown on multiple occasions he isnt an NFL QB. Yet he needs more chances, or cant be evaluated because of the rest of his team.

14 minutes ago, row_33 said:

EJ was the only QB I can remember recently marching down the field like a boss to win a game with a TD in the last two minutes, at Carolina.

vaguely remember that one....he had a decent 1st season until that cleveland game that took him out......never really the same since......