Midterm Election Gameday Thread

34 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Representative democracy is best executed when groups which are as politically homogenous as possible are able to elect a Representative to serve for them in the House.  This gives these individuals the best chance to have a voice which actually represents their view points and beliefs in Congress. 

Districts which are designed to be politically diverse or competitive disenfranchise more voters, because roughly half of them have no voice to represent them in our legislative body.

So - In the scientifically gerrymandered era of 2010's - would you say Congress has been effective at passing long lasting and effective legislation.....the results of the last decade speak for themselves....Look at the RR or BC era if you want an example of bipartisan legislation....

5 minutes ago, TH3 said:

So - In the scientifically gerrymandered era of 2010's - would you say Congress has been effective at passing long lasting and effective legislation.....the results of the last decade speak for themselves....Look at the RR or BC era if you want an example of bipartisan legislation....

Post hoc ergo propter hoc

13 hours ago, B-Large said:

I hope not.  We have a nice balance here,  bold ideas on big issues that make people lives better, but don’t vote yes on everything that increases spending...

dont get me wrong, fin I were filthy rich I’d live in San Diego, but not quite there yet.

I suspect you're done posting over here for the time being, but wanted to post this thread from Twitter ffor you.

Ignore where the writer is from; Breitbart died when Andrew died, but the points he makes are still very accurate. You even see people responding from Colorado.

Click to read all his posts. It helps if you see what's coming...and it's coming to Colorado.

28 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Where all da white women at?

DraJy2yU4AAScBw.jpg

I always wonder what exactly is meant by a statement like " I am unsure when they will understand the damage they do" 

Are they ever specific about details on the "damage"?  It seems it's mostly platitudes to give a general impression or appeal to emotions

56 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

I don't see how either side can call it a major victory.  Both did exactly what was projected.  Both won some key races, both loss some.  Getting the house is very important for the democrats, but that was always going to be the case.

It wasn't exactly what was projected though, in fact it was quite different. A blue wave was projected for months. A complete repudiation of Trump was promised by the talking heads and pundits all pushing "Orange Man Bad". And now we see (again) that all the early projections and polls were waaaaay skewed towards the D to the point of being useless. 

In the end you're right that it was a normal midterm result with historic turnout - but it wasn't predicted to be that. At all. 

The right gained (near historic levels) in the Senate for a midterm, and lost the House while giving up less seats than both 44 and 42. Trump will take a big victory lap on this, especially when he discusses his rallies in relation to the Senate turnout. 

Here comes the president now...

(As 45 just mentioned, and often left out of the analysis, 40+ house GOP retirements helped set this up. If you follow the DS thread, you'll know those 40+ GOPers were compromised elements forced into submission. Showing us again where Trump really stands. It's not with the GOP, he dismantled it entirely - at the risk of control of the House)

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Here comes the president now...

(As 45 just mentioned, and often left out of the analysis, 40+ house GOP retirements helped set this up. If you follow the DS thread, you'll know those 40+ GOPers were compromised elements forced into submission. Showing us again where Trump really stands. It's not with the GOP, he dismantled it entirely - at the risk of control of the House)

I wonder if he will now move Sessions out............

He needs a wartime consigliere.

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I wonder if he will now move Sessions out............

He needs a wartime consigliere.. 

He could. And if he does, it'll be this week or next at the latest. 

That said, I don't think he will. I'm still not at all sold on any of the Sessions noise, never have been. He's had plenty of opportunity to remove him and hasn't. And while Trump has slammed him on Twitter, Sessions has been kicking ass (without any fanfare) in the DOJ on multiple fronts: leaking, trafficking, FISA abuse investigation...  

But we'll find out soon enough. I know a lot of people think it's coming. I'm just not in that camp. 

• Like (+1) 1

Offered a bet of $1000 that Trump is impeached. 

When asked to define he said impeached. I explained the impeachment process and they proclaimed that the house will impeach him and he'll be done as president.  So, I guess I shouldn't take that bet.  And I'm entirely confused

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He could. And if he does, it'll be this week or next at the latest. 

That said, I don't think he will. I'm still not at all sold on any of the Sessions noise, never have been. He's had plenty of opportunity to remove him and hasn't. And while Trump has slammed him on Twitter, Sessions has been kicking ass (without any fanfare) in the DOJ on multiple fronts: leaking, trafficking, FISA abuse investigation...  

But we'll find out soon enough. I know a lot of people think it's coming. I'm just not in that camp. 

It's a much better play to keep sessions in the game and remove him when heat is down and Democrats get headlines going sideways for 3 reasons.

Manipulate the news headlines

Empower someone else the position that can fill out the next 6 years

Provide fodder for the 2020 election as Dems try to subpoena Sessions to testify on whatever they think they can make look pretty and have Sessions sit there full bore, with a bump stock, back on them.  If anyone at this point knows more than Sessions on the entire Congress I'd be amazed.

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

When asked to define he said impeached. I explained the impeachment process and they proclaimed that the house will impeach him and he'll be done as president.  So, I guess I shouldn't take that bet.  And I'm entirely confused

Impeached based on what?

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Yes, getting "impeached" is like being indicted, not convicted, which the Senate can only do. 

Just now, Dante said:

Impeached based on what?

That's what I asked.  He just said "you just wait, they'll get him.". Then cried about the great blue wave until I just walked away.

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, getting "impeached" is like being indicted, not convicted, which the Senate can only do. 

But how the hell can you take that bet?  The guy is on par with you. And I have no way to argue against someone because double dumbass (as Tommy says) works too well for nitwits.

Can you call him and advise him to take the bet as legally defined?

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

That's what I asked.  He just said "you just wait, they'll get him.". Then cried about the great blue wave until I just walked away.

But how the hell can you take that bet?  The guy is on par with you. And I have no way to argue against someone because double dumbass (as Tommy says) works too well for nitwits.

Can you call him and advise him to take the bet as legally defined?

First off, Tom is an idiot and uses the double dumbass crap because he is a fool and has no real arguments aside from his pettifoggery. Have Tom call him.