Midterm Election Gameday Thread

17 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I like the idea that we spent more than a passing moment to determine whether or not we were going to promote a sexual assaulter

When it comes to calling someone a sexual assaulter without evidence or conviction, you should leave that type of laziness to someone like, oh, Tim Graham.

At least wait until he goes to court to face the charges.

Oh, wait. There are no charges. Makes you wonder why....no?

abc-news-tweet-meme-christine-ford.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yeah I think the biggest story is this "historically unpopular" president did better in his midterms than many, if not most recent presidents with much higher approval ratings.

It's about time that people recognize that what is now called Trumpism or Conservative Populism is really just a new name for the ongoing tea party movement. While everyone argues about racism, taxes, healthcare, etc, the conservatives and tea party are going to keep voting for judiciary appointments.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Shotgunner said:

Yeah I think the biggest story is this "historically unpopular" president did better in his midterms than many, if not most recent presidents with much higher approval ratings.

It's about time that people recognize that what is now called Trumpism or Conservative Populism is really just a new name for the ongoing tea party movement. While everyone argues about racism, taxes, healthcare, etc, the conservatives and tea party are going to keep voting for judiciary appointments.

The global economy just happens to be good now. Trump got lucky also because the Senate seats in play just happened to be from the opposition party. 

And about those judiciary appointments, Progressives just keep winning court battles even with Republican judges. Funny how that works when the country changes and the judges feel the need to give in. 

37 minutes ago, Dante said:

t's just nice to see someone not cave to the bs. Someone who has a spine. 

And still on about the Russian fantasy?? I can't believe they still go to that. 

Where can I find that puppet splashing in the puddle mocking the blue wave? Not sure how to search it. I know it's in this thread but I can't find it the thread has so many pages.

I didn't really see a question there from Jim, and he got OWNED. That's not a game you want to play with Trump.

I'm not someone who despises CNN, but this guy is dead weight. 

Between this and his emotional plea to Sanders for "civility," I wish they'd cut him loose. At least Alexander asked him a question and didn't look like a fool.

Edited by LSHMEAB

29 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I like the idea that we spent more than a passing moment to determine whether or not we were going to promote a sexual assaulter to the higher court of the land in a rushed effort to make sure a Republican led Senate was kept. That she was questioned for four hours to relieve the worst day of her life, to have them question its validity, to try to smear her as being a pawn in a conspiracy, to have them try to question a psychology professor on how traumatic memories are remembered, to have them grill her over a fear of flying. 

I then watched when it was Kavanaugh's turn, the prosecutor brought on to keep questioning impartial was sent away, and Senators spent their time talking about how terrible it was that they had to be here. And even then, Kavanaugh couldn't hold off being a petulant man baby. 

And this made you...support them more?

It's funny, you calling me an npc, because clearly it's you who are glitching, getting in people's way and not having a single original thought.

It turns out, the majority of people in this country believe me. You're losing. The country is getting younger, and your lunacy has ended apathy to record turnouts.

Prove it #1 and if it is true, we and you are fvcked anyway. 

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

I didn't really see a question there from Jim, and he got OWNED. That's not a game you want to play with Trump.

I'm not someone who despises CNN, but this guy is dead weight. 

Between this and his emotional plea to Sanders for "civility," I wish they'd cut him loose. At least Alexander asked him a question and didn't look like a fool.

Acosta is there to wake people up to the establishment/corporate media bias and the levels they'll sink. 

He's a foil, one that will be disposed of only after they've wrung out every last drop of use from his career. 

It’s not what happens next. It’s what won’t happen

by Jazz Shaw

For all the sound and fury surrounding the midterm elections this year, we wound up with kind of a dud. “Split decision” is the most common headline I’m seeing this morning, so it’s the kind of election where both parties are going to declare victory and go home. When I flipped on the TV to CNN while making coffee today, I heard John Berman describing the results in the House as, “it’s sort of a blue wave, right?” That kind of enthusiasm is hard to come by.

Despite Van Jones describing himself as being “heartbroken” over the lack of a blue tsunami, he really doesn’t have all that much to worry about beyond some short-term disappointment. Why? Because nothing that much has actually changed. Analysts are busy trying to describe what it all means, but they don’t need to spin their wheels for very long. All we really need to look at is what will and won’t be happening next year.

What will be happening differently is the number of investigations into the President and any other Republican/Conservative targets the Democrats can get in their sights. Since they’ll hold the chairs in the committees making those decisions there will be plenty of opportunities for grandstanding and theatrics, eagerly gobbled up by the mainstream media. But beyond that… not much.

But the government functions which most conservatives are highly interested in and only require the Senate to get them done will continue on, perhaps even more smoothly. Judicial nominations by the President at all levels will be approved even more quickly. With a more comfortable margin of 54 or 55 (we may still lose Montana), nominees will be able to slide through even if Collins and Murkowski need to “vote their conscience” on a few of them. The President’s record of appointing conservative jurists will march forward and Cocaine Mitch will have an easier time wrangling votes for them.

Let’s look at what won’t be happening, despite the fever dreams of the Democrats. First, there will be no big ticket legislative packages going through. No major immigration reform supporting the highest priorities of either party. No new tax cuts, but also no tax increases. No new gun control legislation. The fact is, these folks will be lucky if they can name a new Post Office.

The President isn’t going to be impeached. The Democrats would need to round up every one of their members in the House to get the ball rolling and too many of them are on record saying that would be too extreme. And even if they managed it in the House there is zero chance of a conviction in the Senate. Donald Trump will finish his first term at a minimum.

{snip}

Bills that liberals like will probably be passed in the House only to die in the Senate. Conservative legislation won’t make it out of committee in the House so the Senate generally won’t even get a chance to look at them. This, of course, means that the President will need to continue to rely on executive orders and reinterpretations of language to make any progress, just as Obama did. If you see that as a positive development, I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

Bottom line… nobody has any reason to celebrate as far as I can tell. This election was “historic” in terms of the numbers and the split decision, but that’s only of interest to those of us who engage in political trivia for a living. The practical downstream effects are virtually nill.

As of early Wednesday, Democrats were projected to win the national popular vote by nearly nine percentage points, which is greater than the Republican “waves” in 1994, 2010 and 2014 and the Democratic “wave” in 2006. If those elections were waves, then this one is, too.

Boom! 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/11/07/how-argue-about-whether-these-midterms-were-blue-wave/?utm_term=.2931cd9751c3

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Acosta is there to wake people up to the establishment/corporate media bias and the levels they'll sink. 

He's a foil, one that will be disposed of only after they've wrung out every last drop of use from his career. 

I've been aware of media bias for a few decades now. I just never realized how bad they were and how controlled they are by globalist interests. What scares me is how many levels does the lying go and how long has it been like this? Decades, centuries? I mean, just what's obvious is disturbing at the very least. That's just what we see! What aren't we aware of? 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I was going to click and read but then I saw what paper it was. Link to the Enquirer and I have a better chance of getting some honesty.

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The global economy just happens to be good now. Trump got lucky also because the Senate seats in play just happened to be from the opposition party. 

And about those judiciary appointments, Progressives just keep winning court battles even with Republican judges. Funny how that works when the country changes and the judges feel the need to give in. 

Well those court battles are often brought in places with heavy liberal influence (as I'm sure you know). When Trump has something overturned by the 9th circuit, or the judge in Hawaii, etc you know which way it will go.

You can underestimate the importance of the judiciary, as liberals always do, but my point that it brings out conservative voters is absolutely true.

Now obviously the Supreme Court is the crown jewel of the judiciary, and that is somewhere you can't deny will have a real impact.

2 minutes ago, Dante said:

I've been aware of media bias for a few decades now. I just never realized how bad they were and how controlled they are by globalist interests. What scares me is how many levels does the lying go and how long has it been like this? Decades, centuries? I mean, just what's obvious is disturbing at the very least. That's just what we see! What aren't we aware of? 

I was going to click and read but then I saw what paper it was. Link to the Enquirer and I have a better chance of getting some honesty.

You have been trained well to dislike real information. But Democrats did win by 9+ percentage points. That's huge! 

Trump seems to have lost the upper mid west and Democrats have a real opportunity to win the EC next time

And and....Evander Kane, wow! Another women? 

1 minute ago, Dante said:

People laugh when MK-Ultra is brought up, or Mockingbird. But they are very real programs that were "shuttered" in the 70s officially, while unofficially they changed names as the technology developed proved to be extremely effective. 

We have been living in a controlled reality in this country all of our lives. It's been open control since 1963 when Kennedy was killed and the infestation which began with Paperclip metastasized. That controlled reality is being broken, dismantled, and power is being returned to the people. That's why the cognitive dissonance is off the charts and so painful for many. That's why the "the world is ending" rhetoric ratcheted up to 12 immediately after the election of '16. 

Each and every one of us are both victims and combatants in this (dis)information war whether we realize it or not. Good news is, more and more people are waking up. The tide has turned, the numbers are growing and can't be stopped imo.

32 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I like the idea that we spent more than a passing moment to determine whether or not we were going to promote a sexual assaulter to the higher court of the land in a rushed effort to make sure a Republican led Senate was kept. That she was questioned for four hours to relieve the worst day of her life, to have them question its validity, to try to smear her as being a pawn in a conspiracy, to have them try to question a psychology professor on how traumatic memories are remembered, to have them grill her over a fear of flying. 

I then watched when it was Kavanaugh's turn, the prosecutor brought on to keep questioning impartial was sent away, and Senators spent their time talking about how terrible it was that they had to be here. And even then, Kavanaugh couldn't hold off being a petulant man baby. 

It's funny, you calling me an npc, because clearly it's you who are glitching, getting in people's way and not having a single original thought.

It turns out, the majority of people in this country believe me. You're losing. The country is getting younger, and your lunacy has ended apathy to record turnouts.

Kavanaugh is one of the most amazing leaders we've ever been graced with as a nation and you'll benefit from his tenure on the court. You are welcome for that.

In a time where folks like you are complicit in wholesale political character assasination, he looked you and your people in the eye and "Not me, not my family, not today.". If you had a quarter of the character of Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh, you would acknowledge the lack of any relevant evidence supporting your position in support of Dr. Christina Ford, the challenges in the changing facts of what she said, the reality that her character witnesses said "What she talking bout Wilis?" pretty much across the board,  and this boils down more to you wanting to believe her more than you wanted to believe in any real evidence to support her claim.  

My sincere hope is that this sort of thing doesn't happen in the future to anyone. Assuming that it will, my sincere hope thereafter is that the next time this sort of thing happens, on a grand scale or not, it impacts you and yours, and not me and mine.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Well those court battles are often brought in places with heavy liberal influence (as I'm sure you know). When Trump has something overturned by the 9th circuit, or the judge in Hawaii, etc you know which way it will go.

You can underestimate the importance of the judiciary, as liberals always do, but my point that it brings out conservative voters is absolutely true.

Now obviously the Supreme Court is the crown jewel of the judiciary, and that is somewhere you can't deny will have a real impact.

I'm just saying times change and the courts have to change, too. The supreme Court's conservatives have continually handed liberals victories. 

And none of us know what really makes voters turn out. Maybe its justices, maybe its just pure partisan competition. Obamacare was the boogieman but now its popular, for instance. People just want their side to win in many cases and don't even know why. Conservatives vote against their interests a lot. 

35 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I sincerely hope that you, or even better,  one of your children, is falsely accused of sexual assault some day; and that your lives are destroyed as a result. 

That your reputation is left in tatters, that people question whether you should be allowed to coach your kids sports teams, that you endure death threats, that you lose your job.

And you shouldn't be outraged at any of these accusations.  You should smilingly accept them, and thank those who are destroying you.

Because "the accuser should be believed".

You are an absolutely vile individual, un-American in every way.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He could. And if he does, it'll be this week or next at the latest. 

That said, I don't think he will. I'm still not at all sold on any of the Sessions noise, never have been. He's had plenty of opportunity to remove him and hasn't. And while Trump has slammed him on Twitter, Sessions has been kicking ass (without any fanfare) in the DOJ on multiple fronts: leaking, trafficking, FISA abuse investigation...  

But we'll find out soon enough. I know a lot of people think it's coming. I'm just not in that camp. 

Do you think he'd tap Gowdy as the replacement? 

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You have been trained well to dislike real information. But Democrats did win by 9+ percentage points. That's huge! 

Trump seems to have lost the upper mid west and Democrats have a real opportunity to win the EC next time

And and....Evander Kane, wow! Another women? 

That's just it I haven't been trained by anyone. Just observing. Trusting my own senses. For better or worse. Think for a moment, what you and I have been taught in school or see/hear in the media. It's all controlled by someone else other than you. You and I can easily be molded to have a certain viewpoint. Sure, to a certain extent you can control where you get the info from but what difference does that make? You have already been manipulated to think a certain way so you are predisposed to go to predetermined news outlets or websites. The thing is do you accept the manipulation or step back and be discerning? Objective. Free minded? 

I know I certainly don't have all the answers but I now know not to trust ANYTHING unless it makes sense based on human nature or what I can see. 

Sorry off on a tangent. Did not intend to derail the thread.

Edited by Dante
  • Like (+1) 1