Everyone that wanted TT gone, we told you

Dadonkadonk

Ultimately, I think McDermott and Beane are regretting that trade.

Taylor really would have masked some massive deficiencies on our OL.

But even with Taylor, we wouldn't have more than 4 wins right now. This team needs help. That's coming next year. The tradeoff is Taylor for Edmunds. Right now, this one year of sucking looks like a good tradeoff there.

But yeah, we would have been better off this year with Taylor.

I don't even want to read the thread to see if anyone is arguing we'd be equally bad.

If they are, they're stupid.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

3 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Because he did last year.

That Bears game is the kind we won last year.  He wouldn't have given up 14 and we probably would have score 20 or so.

There you go, Bills would have at most one loss is only Tyrod were still here

That Bears game was a win if Tyrod was still here

LMAO

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Because he did last year.

That Bears game is the kind we won last year.  He wouldn't have given up 14 and we probably would have score 20 or so.

Wait...we're talking about Tyrod "9 point vs. JAX" Taylor, right?  How many did he put up on CAR?  Yeah, let's assume he puts 20 up on Chicago this year with less offensive talent.

13 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Its like I’m talking to a rock. Except a rock has some innate intelligence. Yes. I know buddy. I know. Take a nap. 

I actually like what shadybillsfan has to say usually.  He is a solid dude. We just happen to disagree on this. 

11 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Nah SBF is the best, disagree on a lot but he's a smart respectful poster nevertheless. 

Just saying I make the Bear and Jeans analogies all the time and get taken literally like I'm insane (which of course would be the appropriate reaction if you don't understand nuance.. or didn't pay attention in Hish School English) 

Take advantage of your free public education folks. It might suck at the time but nobody said I really wish I partied more in HS and studied less. You say that in college, when you're not forced to be in English class if you don't want to. So learn while you can boys. Cause that Bears and Jeans analogy was fantastic.

We can disagree and still be respectful of each other. 

No one can agree 100% on everything other members post. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/4/2018 at 10:46 PM, VaMilBill said:

Ultimately the goal is to win a super bowl. Tyrod will never get any team to a super bowl barring some amazing play from defense, ST and a rushing attack. Our goal wasn’t to be 7-9 to 9-7 every year hoping we squeak into the playoffs. 

Peterman won’t either get us a SB neither . But Peterman will help us get a high draft pick then we can move forward. Sometimes you need to take a few steps back before you can improve the previous status quo

Jacksonville nearly went to the Super Bowl with a much worse QB. Your point is invalid

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

There you go, Bills would have at most one loss is only Tyrod were still here

That Bears game was a win if Tyrod was still here

LMAO

Did you forget how Tyrod was the first QB since Flutie/Johnson to lead this team to the playoffs? Maybe you should take the blinders off, bud......

10 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Actually we're still paying him.  so it wouldn't be 16 mil hit, it'd be like a net 8 mil hit.  AND we get to take advantage of his services.  He is tough. He probably wouldn't be injured like the rest of the guys we got. 

Screw winning though. Draft picks and 90 mil blah blah blah are better.  Makes for fun Sunday afternoons at the Ralph. Laughing at ANOTHER turnover for a TD and booing Nasty Nate lustily for trying to run in a Hail Mary is fun.

Long term they are far better. Short term it sucks. No doubt about it. But I'd rather suck really bad for a year or two to get enough good playera early in the draft to become good than to be mediocre for 17. We already saw how that worked out for us.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Long term they are far better. Short term it sucks. No doubt about it. But I'd rather suck really bad for a year or two to get enough good playera early in the draft to become good than to be mediocre for 17. We already saw how that worked out for us.

Except ducking really bad guarantees nothing just like being mediocre. How many years of sucking has it taken the Browns to get to 2 wins and a tie? Dont they have none of their 1st rounders anymore from prior to 2015-2016?

It doesnt matter where you draft, it's all about having quality scouts and front office who can recognize talent when your pick comes up. If teams knew what they could have had in Ben Rothlessberger, would he have lasted til 10? Would Rodgers have lasted til almost the second round? A team like Green bay hardly drafts in the first half of the draft, and they never dove into FA, they restocked through draft picks.

14 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Except ducking really bad guarantees nothing just like being mediocre. How many years of sucking has it taken the Browns to get to 2 wins and a tie? Dont they have none of their 1st rounders anymore from prior to 2015-2016?

It doesnt matter where you draft, it's all about having quality scouts and front office who can recognize talent when your pick comes up. If teams knew what they could have had in Ben Rothlessberger, would he have lasted til 10? Would Rodgers have lasted til almost the second round? A team like Green bay hardly drafts in the first half of the draft, and they never dove into FA, they restocked through draft picks.

Green Bay has mostly wasted Aaron Rodgers(possibly the most talented QB ever) in his prime by not surrounding him with enough pieces by and in large so Im not sure that is a great example to use

53 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Green Bay has mostly wasted Aaron Rodgers(possibly the most talented QB ever) in his prime by not surrounding him with enough pieces by and in large so Im not sure that is a great example to use

They may not have won SBs, but they are a playoff team drafting in the later half of the draft. They had also handicapped themselves by not using FA as much and focused on their own players. And that great QB was passed over by almost the entire league before being drafted.

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

We can disagree and still be respectful of each other. 

No one can agree 100% on everything other members post. 

Screw you SBF you idiot! You and your moronic opinions that disagree with mine can GTFO here

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/4/2018 at 10:43 PM, Dadonkadonk said:

We told you this would happen.  TT protected the ball and kept them in most games.  The most notable exception being the Saints game last year - but the defense gave up 300 yards rushing too.  We told you Peterman was garbage. We told you a rookie was going to throw more INTs.  Now you see how awful the talent is on this team.  

The defense is good enough to be .500 with a QB that isn't killing them.  Yes the OL is worse this year than last.  

Bit this disaster of a season sitsd squarely on the shoulders of Beane. He traded away Watkins and TT. He traded away Glenn. He replaced Wood with garbage. He replaced Incognito with a septic tank.

Beane has to go.  McD can stay another year.  I will still defend trading down and getting White and an extra #1.  Mahomes would not be putting up thje stats he is in KC with these idiots at OC and with the players Beane has surrounded his QB with.

We told you this would happen and it has.  

Now listen to us again.  Beane has got to go.  He can not be trusted with another off season of free agency and the draft. 

Super Effing Duper HAPPY that turd has been flushed.

He can’t even start for the Browns????

? ? ??

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

you lost us ??

it relates to this post 

20 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Sure. You can think whatever you want. I mean I have never been attacked by a bear when I wear jeans. So clearly jeans are bear repellent. 

With his thinking why stop at 2-14. Go for 0-16 each year. Drafting at the top of each round!!! Yeah SB! 

I couldn't find a bear wearing jeans but I found a gorilla instead.  

18 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Screw you SBF you idiot! You and your moronic opinions that disagree with mine can GTFO here

unfortunately someone will think that was for realz 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

it  amazes me how people  are calling for Beane's and McDermott's heads with the "I told you so" rant . The Pegulas bought into this process,and painful as it is, this is not unexpected. Their plan, they dont consult us. Why are we still talking about Taylor? Bills obviously thought he had limited  upside and  not worth the 18 million  he would have cost them. The Wood and Incognito retirements would have affected Taylor as well, and I  doubt he would have accomplished much with  this inferior bunch. ; fans would  be  complaining about him scrambling all the time and not throwing downfield. He's gone, riding the bench, got little or no trade interest, so let's move on. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Big Ben is a good example of why having a better draft position is critical.  We went 6-10 in 2003 and had the 12 pick.  Donahoe apparently was trying to move ahead of the Steelers at 10 an couldn't find a partner.  Steelers draft Big Ben and we end up getting Evans at 12 along with trading up for Losman.  If we finish 4-12, we had Big Ben.  I just fear 14 years from now I'll be saying if we just bottomed out in 2017 we could've had future HOFer Sam Darnold.  

We could have traded up if we really liked him and didn't believe settling for JP was a perfectly fine move. There's always a price we can pay (especially to move up just a few spots).. the fact that we got JP leads me to believe we really didn't want to pay any asking price that didn't suit us since whoever was drafting figured JP wasn't a bad plan B.

So we're both right there.. we would have gotten Ben at 4-12 absolutely.

And if we were better at drafting we would have known if we were going QB round 1, Ben was the guy to go for instead of settling for a much much worse QB just 12 picks later (which is still a huge investment in both time to figure JP out and the pick itself. 

We didn't have the record to draft Ben or the conviction he was head and shoulders better than JP.  So we didn't get him. Either way we didn't have a high enough pick AND drafted poorly. In combination it's bad. But one or the other.. and we get Ben. Drafted poorly all those years ultimately and I don't like the excuse we didn't have perfect 20/20 hindsight. If you're competent in drafting you should feel like you're FO has amazing 20/20 hindsight.. cause they're drafting so well!

SAME case with Darnold I like that point you bring up. If Darnold hypothetically is HOF and Allen is bust it's ultimately the combo of not being in an easy trade to go so far up for Darnold and being absolutely wrong in Allen. (not ideal position and poor drafting). < These are hypotheticals folks was never high on Darnold personally.

What DID suck was the Browns getting Baker #1, didn't see that coming and was hoping HE'D be the guy falling cause he's "too short". If we went Allen over Baker I'd be THAT annoying guy constantly griping about it. But Allen compared to everyone else I've been pretty apathetic about.  I knew nothing about any of those guys.  Rosen, Darnold, Allen to act like Allen was a poor pick.

So... To Allen! Cheers, at lease we moved up for the guy we had a strong conviction in?. We got Ben instead of JP (Like if we settled for Mason Rudolph?? Whoever that dude the Steelers got in 2nd or 3rd.) I WILL say Lamar Jackson was an interesting wildcard to nab. But this time we got who we wanted and didn't settle. Time will tell if we drafted well. If we didn't, I find it's still indicative that a record leaving you hamstrung from moving up doesn't make it impossible.. just please stop messing up the draft Bills and i'm fine with 8-8 every year.

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

unfortunately someone will think that was for realz 

Good.

Lol. A thumbs up on a post like that at least let's ppl know it ain't serious. Plus I'm on a mission to hoard rep points

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Haha (+1) 1