Did today's game take us one step closer to having a winning culture?

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

OR, perhaps people could learn to keep their feelings confined to the NINE THOUSAND other threads with the same or similar content.

You know, so people don't have to wade through an avalanche of the IDENTICAL woe-is-me-look-at-my-personal-pain threads to get to actual content.

You had to "wade through" this thread to B word about the bitching? You knew exactly what the thread was about by reading the thread title. You clicked on it just to badmouth the OP. :D

• Like (+1) 6

Today absolutely took us one step closer.  See, this season is a throwaway, especially with the current injuries.  Just getting these games out of the way and figuring out which players to jettison before next season (that's you Kelvin) moves us one step closer to clearing out the deadwood from this roster and building a winner.  Teams that hover around .500 all the time never get the impact players in the draft needed to improve.  This year we'll get a very good draft pick.  One thing the whiners complain about is we gave up too many 2nd rounders last draft.  Fortunately, Beane knew this was going to be a rough season & made sure that the team kept this year's #1.  

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Instead of whining why dont you give us your solution to the problem.

Realize that since roughly 1983 that a decent QB is the most important tool to winning, doesn’t have to be elite, just useful and having a bloody clue out there

and they have only given us Kelly and Bledsoe and Flutie (both past their prime) since 1983

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Realize that since roughly 1983 that a decent QB is the most important tool to winning, doesn’t have to be elite, just useful and having a bloody clue out there

and they have only given us Kelly and Bledsoe and Flutie (both past their prime) since 1983

Cant argue with that.  That's the issue.  We keep changing coaches and GMs thinking any of it will matter without having a competent QB.

11 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

This seems like a legitimate topic for management to discuss.  

We're now 11-15 with McDermott has HC, counting playoffs. 

In those 25 games, our net point differential is -202 points, or 8.1 PPG.

In those 25 games, we've won two games by 14 or more points, and lost eight games by 14 or more points.

We've lost seven games by 20 or more points.

This team has been terrible with McDermott as HC. The offense has been laughably bad and we get blown out all the time. 

8 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

The problem is we keep firing and we dont get any better.  Do you trust ownership to get someone better?  Honest question not trying to argue.

No I don't, but I'm convinced McDermott isn't a good HC so might as well give it a shot. 

Maybe they'll get lucky. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

We're now 11-15 with McDermott has HC, counting playoffs. 

In those 25 games, our net point differential is -202 points, or 8.1 PPG.

In those 25 games, we've won two games by 14 or more points, and lost eight games by 14 or more points.

We've lost seven games by 20 or more points.

This team has been terrible with McDermott as HC. The offense has been laughably bad and we get blown out all the time. 

No I don't, but I'm convinced McDermott isn't a good HC so might as well give it a shot. 

Maybe they'll get lucky. 

Fair enough.  I understand the frustration with McD.  The offense is embarrassing.  Is there a coach you have your eye on?

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I have to watch the tape first. 

Lol ok that was funny