Prediction...McCoy retires at end of the year.

Hebert19

30 minutes ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

Agreed with everything you said. McCoy is done. There may be flashes here and there, but overall, he is too slow and can't escape like in the past. Today, I saw a big 300 pound lineman catch him from behind. I also saw last week on the wildcat plays continual lost yardage (except the first one). I hope Ivory is OK, because he is vital to the run game. However, now at 2-7, who cares.

I dont think he is done, I just think this offense and oline are bad and doesn work well for his strengths. Ivorys strengths seem to be better for them......

Is it possible McCoy's thinking he needs 12K yards for a shot at the HOF has fueled his desire to be traded because he knows what a mess the Bills are and likely not going to get there by staying with the Bills. So when Beane said he's going to be a vital part of the team in 2019, McCoy checked out and has packed it in hoping he will fall out of favor and thereby making it more of a possibility he's with a different team next year so at least he has a shot at 12K? I mean, he's got to know he won't be able to play at a high level much longer so he needs to maximize his chances and that isn't going to be the case playing for the Bills. I've just never seen McCoy as truly a team player. He has always played hard up until now but when it gets right down to it, I think McCoy wants a Gold jacket more than he wants to be known as a Bills RB that did what he could to help the team.

7 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

Is it possible McCoy's thinking he needs 12K yards for a shot at the HOF has fueled his desire to be traded because he knows what a mess the Bills are and likely not going to get there by staying with the Bills. So when Beane said he's going to be a vital part of the team in 2019, McCoy checked out and has packed it in hoping he will fall out of favor and thereby making it more of a possibility he's with a different team next year so at least he has a shot at 12K? I mean, he's got to know he won't be able to play at a high level much longer so he needs to maximize his chances and that isn't going to be the case playing for the Bills. I've just never seen McCoy as truly a team player. He has always played hard up until now but when it gets right down to it, I think McCoy wants a Gold jacket more than he wants to be known as a Bills RB that did what he could to help the team.

You may be right, and at this point I can’t say I’d blame him. The franchise has become a complete laughingstock and the OL simply can’t block for his style. He’s never been a RB that puts his head down and slams into the line a la Ivory. 

14 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

when has Shady said he desires to be traded? 

Look at the mess he is playing behind. They even tried a street FA at right tackle today.

Shady by next season will have no trade value. And certainly at 31 would not start for any team but the Bills. 

48 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:
1 hour ago, RobH063 said:

Look at the mess he is playing behind. They even tried a street FA at right tackle today.

Shady by next season will have no trade value. And certainly at 31 would not start for any team but the Bills. 

I never said he desired to be traded. I said is it possible that's what he's thinking.

1 hour ago, Best Player Available said:

He's suggesting maybe that's the case as Shady's running has been garbage since the concussion and he is shying away from contact and running with zero intensity.  I.E., his play is doing the talking for him.

I think it's possible he wants out, for sure.  Why not?  He is 100% an individualist more concerned with his personal career than the notion of "team" and regardless, he has been around the block enough to know things aren't going to get a hell of a lot better here soon.  And the clock is ticking.

No need to play yourself off the team if your agent can just get you traded, but maybe that hasn't been working.  Maybe he expressed an interest already in being traded and thought he was going to go at the deadline...and when he didn't, his spirit was broken.  All these things are possible.

From my perspective as a Bills fan, who cares.  I care about the Bills, not Shady or any individual named player.  

He is going to be gone before we are good again so really, he doesn't matter much.  It's also why I wanted him traded at the deadline, especially if the rumors were true that teams were lining up with interest in acquiring him.

Edited by Fadingpain

11 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I'm guessing that concussion shook him a bit.  Because he's turtling before anyone is close to him. 

He's always curled up when he's about to be smashed and won't be able to get away. Reasonable choice for a guy with his frame.

I don't see it more than I ever have. I just see him consistently not having holes or good cutback lanes.

You might be right I suppose, about retirement. I doubt it, personally. I don't see him giving up the $6.425 mill, or the chance to add to his legacy. He's seen bad teams before, he was on a 4-12 team in Philly.

14 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

then why the hell didn't we trade him when we had "multiple teams" asking about him on draft deadline day!

Stupid.

Yet another poor decision on the part of the McBeane show.

8 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

McCoy's last 24 rushes = 24 yards, while Ivory has been averaging over 5YPC during the same stretch. We all know from the eyeball test that McCoy is not our best RB right now (no matter the why), and heaven help us if Ivory is also lost for any extended period of time. While Ivory was busy showing heart, McCoy has welched on even showing his face this week and ducks out again today before any questions can be tossed his way. Say what you will about NP, but he stood at the lectern and answered every question like a man. Today, McCoy did zero again to help out his QB, and honestly I'm not sure what on earth Brandon was smoking when he said McCoy is absolutely a vital part of this team's 2019 plans. Hopefully that changes at this rate.

Hey... is that you McDermott? This sounds like how they build this team. They sit around and say things like, "You know what I like about that Peterman fella, after he throws 5 interceptions in a half he owns it".

If McCoy quits on the team I don't blame him. He liked Taylor, he liked Watkins. Both were sent packing and replaced by Allen and Benjamin. And all this was done under the guise of the process. 

He replaced a player criticized for being hurt, and a hard worker, with a guy already missing games and a lazy ass. Why wouldn't McCoy take the least amount of hits he can and just save himself for next year?

For his sake, somewhere else, because I don't have much hope it'll be any different next year.

McCoy quit once he realized he was stuck in Buffalo.

But McClappy keeps feeding him the ball .... just like he keeps putting Benjamin out on the field.

I don't care about losses.  Bills were supposed to lose a lot of games this year.  But every week, I question McDermott's ability to be an NFL HC more and more.

Back on topic ... I don't think McCoy retires.  Someone will pay him and he'll get more than 1 YPC if he's happy.

• Like (+1) 1

Good, he is too old.  McCoy can sit there and talk a good game, but the guy looks old out there.  Ivory and zero issue gaining positive yards.

McCoy's game is too speed based for him to still be playing.

It's ridiculous our GM couldn't see this and is adamant about McCoy being here next year.