4 NFL teams with female coaches

Kevin1778

1 hour ago, PeterDude said:

That the NFL is looking to fill quotas, like every other company these days...  Qualified white men are being passed up on a daily basis due to forced diversity, except jobs like garbage collectors and the like, funny how that works.

Stop being a male feminist, it goes against human nature.

Stop being a fool.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kevin1778 said:

I have no problem with hiring woman coaches. I just find it odd only the bad teams seem to hire them. The teams aren't bad because they hired women. But perhaps the NFL made some deal with these specific teams to hire women, like they supposedly made with the Rams to draft Michael Sam. Notice the elite teams like the Pats, Steelers, and Eagles didn't hire any women. 

Yes, the league reportedly pushed the Rams to draft the first openly gay player. Did they cut some type of deal with the Bills to hire a woman coach? Let's face it, there are a lot of former NFL players trying to get coaching jobs that can't land one. Is it fair to a guy with NFL experience to be passed over for a woman without any playing or coaching experience. Shouldn't this be done at the college level first?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/03/23/michael-sam-rams-hard-knocks/amp/

Well, she’s both played on an amateur level and coached college.

58 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Dkar0VLWwAEBkxY?format=jpg

i remember this picture from a thread last August entitled “Training Camp Practice Day 13”

The person in the background holding what looks like a large microphone bears a resemblance to the person in the picture posted earlier in this thread of Phoebe Schecter.  If it is her, that is not a job you would give to someone with significant input into the coaching process.  

You just happened to remember that picture and it’s location? Im not being snarky, I just find that shockingly strange. 

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

You just happened to remember that picture and it’s location? Im not being snarky, I just find that shockingly strange. 

I remembered that picture because somebody commented on the weird short shorts on the guy in the back. I pointed out that it was not a guy. Since I commented on it, I remembered it. 

11 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

Was not aware there are 4 female coaches on NFL coaching staffs.  Probably a coincidence, but they are 4 of the 5 worst teams in the NFL. All for hiring women coaches if they have some college coaching experience, but ton of former players can't even land these type of jobs. Really wonder if NFL approached these teams to hire women or if they just did it on their own. Elite teams didn't seem to hire any. Just bottom dwellers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/09/28/meet-four-women-changing-the-face-of-nfl-coaching.html

Bills 2-6

Niners 2-7

Cardinals 2-6

Raiders 1-7

kitchen

barefoot

pregnant

amirite

9 hours ago, #34fan said:

I don't see any quality OR control in this offense... if you do, please point it out to me...

I don't see any "good teaching and coaching" either! -What exactly does this woman do for a living?

Exactly.  She should go back home where she belongs.  The woes of this team rest on her shoulders.  Good call #34. I usually find it difficult to agree with you, but this time you're correct.  

So what exactly are we recognizing her for?  -Besides having a vajay-jay?

that's exactly what they said about Marie Curie, you're on target again

• Thank you (+1) 1

There is one thing which counts most in the NFL as a whole and for virtually all teams individually and that is $ Bueller.

It is quite clear as women now earn .75 to the dollar in generally accepted comparable worth studies (it used to be .58 to the dollar in 1984 if memory serves me correctly) and though not at alevel of equal pay for equal work, there is a boatload of disposable income under control of women today than back in the day.

These women now in control of more $ to spend have also seen unprecedented athletic participation and achievement and interest in athletic entertainment buoyed not only by economic equality in society but specifically in sports driven by approaches like Title 9.

There are both more qualified women for asst. coaching jobs in the NFL (yes, there certainly a lot of qualified men in the job market IMHO but being good at this job which involves intellectual rigor and teaching primarily is one that a woman can clearly (again IMHO) do as well or better than the worst man in the job who really got it through non-qualifications in the good ol  boy network.  Its not fair but I really do not have a big problem with a few non-qualified women getting a job as long as they are competing with a few non-qualified men for these marginal positions.

Actually, the way the market tends to treat these marginal hires is that actually overqualified women (or any group discriminated against for non-qualification reasons) get the first hires and the worst non-qualified men get fired first.

My sense is that a driving factor in the hiring of more women for assistant coaches jobs in the NFL is 1. A recognition that the qualified worker poolis expanded when you introduce more potential workers into the pool for these pencil pushing/analytic/teaching jobs that a woman can do (weren't many most of your grade school teachers women?). 2. A growth market in the NFL to make more $ is to get it from an increasing # of women who have disposable income to spend.

Demonstrating and actually having more women involved in jobs they qualify for up and down the team hiring foodchain only makes economic sense.

Look, I too will have problems if individual teams are forced to have a  180 lb woman play defensive end by some misguided equity rule due to marketing (in fact I have a problem right now with the way the rules are required to be enforced to minimize hard QB tackles, but that's another thread).

However, folks need to realize that threads and tweets against women not being hired for pencil pushing/analytic/teaching jobs they clearly could do well as long as male athletes and their coaching peers are "man-enough" to deal with competition then we have no problem.

The men who rail against women competing for these jobs are generally the worst 5-10% of men who will lose their jobs if they are forced to compete with an increased pool of qualified workers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Seriously, does a bear sh_t in the woods?  All I needed to see was their first draft to know these two were clueless.  If rhythmic clapping caused touchdowns, McDoomed would be coach of the year.

I'm guessing not "good teaching and coaching".

So what exactly are we recognizing her for?  -Besides having a vajay-jay?

People with wee-wees coach better. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

Was not aware there are 4 female coaches on NFL coaching staffs.  Probably a coincidence, but they are 4 of the 5 worst teams in the NFL. All for hiring women coaches if they have some college coaching experience, but ton of former players can't even land these type of jobs. Really wonder if NFL approached these teams to hire women or if they just did it on their own. Elite teams didn't seem to hire any. Just bottom dwellers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/09/28/meet-four-women-changing-the-face-of-nfl-coaching.html

Bills 2-6

Niners 2-7

Cardinals 2-6

Raiders 1-7

My sense is that the key driver for the NFL as a whole and fo individual teams is $.  Poor performing teams simply have more trouble attracting new fans and new $ based on their W/L so in general they are more willing to do other new things to attract new $.  The increased disposable income available to women in US society has created a marketing opportunity for NFL teams that tams with difficulty competing on W/L are looking for different ways to capture $.

Add to this that the forced embrace of the sports economy to divide up the pool of athletic dollars has led to embrace of approaches like Title 9 means there are simply more qualified workers who happen to be women for the pencil/pushing/analytic/teaching jobs os asst coaches in the NFL simply means that NFL teams can increase their pool of qualified workers for an asst. coach job.

I think we all should have a problem if the NFL passed a rule that mandated teams play a 180 lb. woman at DE (I think we should all speak out against current NFLL rule interpretation which protect QBs so they are playing flag football against defenders who are penalized now for normal football play).  However, our history has been that often duress drives more equality in the workforce.  Bad W/L teams are hiring qualified woman for pencil pushing asst coaches jobs as they have failed to win the W/L competition but now look to hire qualified women to both increase their job pool of qualified ass. coaches and also appeal to and provide better service to exploit new access to disposable income controlled by woman.

Its the free market!  Bring on the woman $ and qualified workers1

13 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I get what you're saying here, even though you suck at saying it.

I assume she's being held to the level of accountability that her specific position requires.

If she's the offensive quality control coach, then she's mostly in charge of making sure they have film to review and prepping the slides.

I'm not sure how much teaching she's actually doing, but I remember seeing her in pictures of the preseason practices.

So the tweet about "good teaching and coaching" was bulllsh__ because she has nothing to do with either... Ahhh America loves it's tokenism...

13 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Exactly. She's just prepping film and essentially game logging. It's more of a support job rather than any kind of decision making and being responsible for what happens on Sunday. 

Only way she is responsible if they can't get the correct film.

So, Where is this chick taking this thing?  -Does she want a GM job? -coaching position?   As a mere symbol she adds no value to the teams bottom line.

4 hours ago, KingRex said:

.  Bad W/L teams are hiring qualified woman for pencil pushing asst coaches jobs as they have failed to win the W/L competition but now look to hire qualified women to both increase their job pool of qualified ass.

:lol:

15 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Exactly. I'm not even sure why this a thread other than people attacking something that is a bit different.

I'm sure you've seen the threads whenever a woman announces a game, God forbid it.

The premise of this thread is silly, but in all fairness, Beth Mowins is terrible.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The thread is a GWOT, but yes Mowins is awful. 

Speaking as one of the  female contingent, Mowins isn't horrible...but the female voice doesn't resonate.  Having said that...there are a number of male play by play guys that aren't very good either.  There are some play by play guys that you absolutely love...Gus Johnson being one of my favorites.   And no one since John Facenda has done NFL highlights as well.

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

Speaking as one of the  female contingent, Mowins isn't horrible...but the female voice doesn't resonate.  Having said that...there are a number of male play by play guys that aren't very good either.  There are some play by play guys that you absolutely love...Gus Johnson being one of my favorites.   And no one since John Facenda has done NFL highlights as well.

There are some women announcers I do not mind at all, but with Mowins it's all about her voice that annoys the hell out of me. I cannot listen to her without cringing.  No doubt there are plenty of men announcers who are flat out bad.  It's not a gender thing for me as I'm not averse to women calling games. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

There are plenty of awful male broadcasters. Jason Witten is an abomination in the booth. I'd rather listen to Kremer/Storm.

My fear is that we become so PC that decent non-neanderthal men are afraid to call a spade a spade lest they be demonized. 

My problem with Mowins is not that she's a woman. It's that her voice makes the sound of nails on a chalkboard sound like Mozart. 

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There are some women announcers I do not mind at all, but with Mowins it's all about her voice that annoys the hell out of me. I cannot listen to her without cringing.  No doubt there are plenty of men announcers who are flat out bad.  It's not a gender thing for me as I'm not averse to women calling games. 

14 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

There are plenty of awful male broadcasters. Jason Witten is an abomination in the booth. I'd rather listen to Kremer/Storm.

My fear is that we become so PC that decent non-neanderthal men are afraid to call a spade a spade lest they be demonized. 

My problem with Mowins is not that she's a woman. It's that her voice makes the sound of nails on a chalkboard sound like Mozart. 

That was my point.  The female voice doesn't resonate.  Her vocal quality is a detriment...although I wouldn't call it "nails on a chalkboard."  Marge Simpson is "nails on a chalkboard."

Beth Mowins voice is dull...Sominex dull.

• Like (+1) 1

This is wrong. There are several more.  2 with Atlanta I believe that don't work major front end rolls @Kirby Jackson, do you know?

And I know there is one with the Panthers that does front end work and does a lot for the offense; She's an intern but does a lot of work to actually improve that offense.  She is good friends with my girlfriend.

9 hours ago, PeterDude said:

That the NFL is looking to fill quotas, like every other company these days...  Qualified white men are being passed up on a daily basis due to forced diversity, except jobs like garbage collectors and the like, funny how that works.

Stop being a male feminist, it goes against human nature.

Dude, it seems you don't like change. No problem there, but you're gonna like irrelevance even less.

18 hours ago, #34fan said:

Gender aside... If she's THAT good why do we suck so bad?

Welp now.  As I read it, she (Bills intern Phoebe Schecter) did a 3 week internship during training camp.  She's been gone since the preseason game against the Vikings.   She is not listed on the Buffalo Bills website as a coach.

This topic is no longer contributing positively to the community and therefore the discussion has been closed.

Thank you.

NFL assistant coaches are certainly football relevant, and if someone wants to start a non-troll-ish thread about 'em, qualifications, what positions they hold and so forth,  that'd be OK but I really don't think we need to hear more about Beth Mowins' voice.

• Thank you (+1) 3