Bills on pace to finish the season with 6 TD passes, 26 interceptions

wppete

4 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

No. It's not. There will be plenty of other people who will throw ridiculous stats online in an effort to troll Bills fans into screaming in misery.

Sometimes I wake up happier than others. I’ve never been disappointed to just wake up and face another day. If I were this miserable of a person, I’d have to consider therapy. It might help. 

5 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Okay, so what; rebuilding year get over it!

Exactly.

I would be even more excited if we were on pace for 2 TD'S and 80 picks!

The worse this team performs, the more faith I have in the process!

Unless they win a few games, in which case McDermott is a winner and wins and losses are all that matters.

• Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

Cause its all rainbows and sunshine in Bills land. Ya'll have to BILLEVE that they can do no wrong. You're not allowed to be negative about DEM BILLS. 

And who exactly said THAT? As is often the case, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Come on people, please be better than this! GEEZ! 

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

And who exactly said THAT? As is often the case, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Come on people, please be better than this! GEEZ! 

There is a lot of you who get all defensive when ever anyone questions the moves the Bills make. The decisions made at QB have been an embarrassment but yet guys like you are ok with what DEM BILLS are doing. Its not an excuse that this season they were going to be bad. When the league has made it easy to score points and your team is on pace for one of the worst offenses in years there is a problem. According the you and a many others DEM BILLS know what they are doing. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Cause its all rainbows and sunshine in Bills land. Ya'll have to BILLEVE that they can do no wrong. You're not allowed to be negative about DEM BILLS. 

Oh, please. What are you, 12? I never said anything like that, and yet you somehow felt the need to go full-goose-bozo extreme to make a ridiculously sarcastic point that barely registers as a complete thought.

Riling up fans on a losing team is one of the easiest things you can do. Half the sports writers covering the BIlls make a living at it. That was my point.

Can we not try a little harder around here?

18 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

There is a lot of you who get all defensive when ever anyone questions the moves the Bills make. The decisions made at QB have been an embarrassment but yet guys like you are ok with what DEM BILLS are doing. Its not an excuse that this season they were going to be bad. When the league has made it easy to score points and your team is on pace for one of the worst offenses in years there is a problem. According the you and a many others DEM BILLS know what they are doing. 

Yep. I was right the first time. You're 12. Neither Augie nor I said anything of the sort.

Grow the hell up or at least think before you post.

Edited by LABillzFan

4 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Oh, please. What are you, 12? I never said anything like that, and yet you somehow felt the need to go full-goose-bozo extreme to make a ridiculously sarcastic point that barely registers as a complete thought.

Riling up fans on a losing team is one of the easiest things you can do. Half the sports writers covering the BIlls make a living at it. That was my point.

There is not much to be positive about this season. I said in another thread any time people question the disaster the QB situation is and how the offense is on pace to be one of the worst ever in an era where teams are throwing the ball down field at will, a lot of you don't want to hear it and BILLEVE they know what they are doing. The fact that Peterman is still on this team is a huge embarrassment. Even rebuilding teams have a capable offense that can move the ball somewhat and score double digits in points. Can't criticize DEM BILLS for that but hey hey look at that DEFENSE 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

There is not much to be positive about this season. I said in another thread any time people question the disaster the QB situation is and how the offense is on pace to be one of the worst ever in an era where teams are throwing the ball down field at will, a lot of you don't want to hear it and BILLEVE they know what they are doing. The fact that Peterman is still on this team is a huge embarrassment. Even rebuilding teams have a capable offense that can move the ball somewhat and score double digits in points. Can't criticize DEM BILLS for that but hey hey look at that DEFENSE 

You keep mumbling, but all I hear is "Daddy, I want an oompa loompa NOW!"

Here's the deal...real simply. Any thinking person knew the team was not going to be good this year. Yes, the offense is worse than expected. Yes, it can be embarrassing. Will it stay like this forever? No. You watch with an eye on progress. You hope to get Allen more reps and hope the game slows down for him. You hope the cap space and picks next year bolster the OL and get a decent #1 receiver who wants to play.

But in the end, in any situation like this, whether it's a bad sports team or a even a bad job or a bad boss, if you're honest with yourself, you only have to ask yourself a few simple questions.

(1) Can you change it? 

(2) Can you live with it?

How you answer those two questions determines if there is a third question.

Think about it.

But stop whining about people who aren't as critical as you want them to be. It's ridiculous and accomplishes nothing, unless you come here to vent instead of kick your dog, in which case, stop kicking your dog.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Did you not read my post, or did it confuse you? I’m NOT extreme pro or con, I said the truth is somewhere in the middle. Was my semi-command of the english language an obstacle? I admit to leaning toward the positive side, but I fully admit to some blunders. That’s life. But then you want to tell me where I stand? Do you NOT admit to any positives? How closely are you paying attention to have such an extreme position? 

Oh, by the way, you should only be embarrassed if these were your blunders. I’m just a fan. That’s it. Same goes for everyone else here unless you are an owner or responsible in some way for what has transpired. (Occurred or happened, if that saves you time.) 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

You keep mumbling, but all I hear is "Daddy, I want an oompa loompa NOW!"

Here's the deal...real simply. Any thinking person knew the team was not going to be good this year. Yes, the offense is worse than expected. Yes, it can be embarrassing. Will it stay like this forever? No. You watch with an eye on progress. You hope to get Allen more reps and hope the game slows down for him. You hope the cap space and picks next year bolster the OL and get a decent #1 receiver who wants to play.

But in the end, in any situation like this, whether it's a bad sports team or a even a bad job or a bad boss, if you're honest with yourself, you only have to ask yourself a few simple questions.

(1) Can you change it? 

(2) Can you live with it?

How you answer those two questions determines if there is a third question.

Think about it.

But stop whining about people who aren't as critical as you want them to be. It's ridiculous and accomplishes nothing, unless you come here to vent instead of kick your dog, in which case, stop kicking your dog.

I am not whining about people not being critical, its more the ones that put down anyone that is critical of the team. Whenever anyone questions the disaster at QB its always, WHAT QB FROM THE TRASH-HEAP DO YOU WANT? 

The offense being this bad is why I think a lot of fans are upset with this team. Most fans knew they weren't going to be good but expected to be competitive.  Add in the fact the league has it easy to play offense now, it really is an embarrassment to be this bad. As far as the rest of your post, Hope is all this team ever seems to sell. It gets tiring to hear year in and year out. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Add in the fact the league has it easy to play offense now, it really is an embarrassment to be this bad.

Why are you embarrassed? Is your identity so tied to the team that the state of the team makes it difficult for you to go out in public? Do women scorn you because of your team? Do you find yourself unable to work because of your team? Why are you embarrassed?

16 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

It gets tiring to hear year in and year out. 

Then again, ask yourself three questions.

Can you change it? No.

Can you live with it?

If the answer is no, then the third question is "Why are you still here? It's your choice. No one is holding a gun to your head."

If the answer is yes, then you live with it, enjoy what you can, dismiss what you can't, and move along. I'm not ashamed to say one of my absolute favorite Bills memories of all times -- and I've been following the team for over 40 years -- was the locker room video after the Miami game. I'd gladly go through this season knowing there will be another moment like that one day.

And there will.

And look on the bright side. At least you don't return here after every week demanding every be fired. Because man, that's just tired, right coach? :lol:

6 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Yep. I was right the first time. You're 12. Neither Augie nor I said anything of the sort.

Grow the hell up or at least think before you post.

Your initial post was that people wake up to create statistics to troll Bills fans.

That's madness, the Bills are historically bad on offense. Is a website dedicated to creating football content supposed to avoid it? 

It was just a statistic, and it accurately reflects the state of QB play on the team.

It has nothing to do with people being out to get the Bills and their fans. Honestly I just laugh at caveats like this. 

How can't you?

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

Attack the messenger but that stat is scary in 1975 let alone in 2018.   I will say this, there is a core group that will defend anything and I mean anything this team does.    If I follow your vision, next year will be real better, escape from cap jail and we have extra picks.    OK but then next year if this offense isnt getting much better, dont come at me with hey we have a bunch of rookies and first year players.   There does come a point where you do have to expect some results and production instead of excuses for just one more year away from being good.

Edited by billsfan714
  • Like (+1) 5

11 hours ago, dpberr said:

If that doesn't get the entire coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball fired, what will?  No touchdowns?  If that statistic comes to be, I'd burn the whole offense down and start over.  I wouldn't care about loyalty, contracts, etc.  You can't let that slide.  

It's suppossed to be professional football.  Professionals are held accountable.  

Tutan Reyes, Mike Gandy, Geoff Hangartner, Demetress Bell would all be upgrades at this point.

5 hours ago, Augie said:

Oh, by the way, you should only be embarrassed if these were your blunders. I’m just a fan. That’s it. Same goes for everyone else here unless you are an owner or responsible in some way for what has transpired. (Occurred or happened, if that saves you time.) 

Love this last paragraph. I think a lot of people homers and haters alike should learn this.

I'm critical of the team for a lot, but that's because what fans do. And I see some just follow them blindly, because that's what fans do. I enjoy discussing with others how I would or wouldn't do it differently. 

I've lived out of state for a few years, watched games while I was out of market. People have tried to insult me for the team I like, and my reaction is always like, ok? This is just the team I like. It doesn't determine whether you'll be successful or not, it has nothing to do with your life. I'm never embarrassed by their play.

Quite frankly I'm more embarrassed by the Bills mafia, tailgate scene, and other things I see because people associate me with that. They don't associate me with our poor QB play this year.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

No. It's not. There will be plenty of other people who will throw ridiculous stats online in an effort to troll Bills fans into screaming in misery.

I have been watching the Bills for over 50 years. A lot of incredible crappiness for a lot of reasons. 

Counting coaching from top to bottom, the QBs, the RBs (which I like), the TE, the WR, and the OL, this is easily the worst aggregate offense I have ever seen. Even on much worse teams. The 84-85 Bills were the worst in the history of the franchise, even worse than the late 60s, early 70s teams. This team as a whole is WAY better than those teams. But trotting out these players at all five positions compared to the rest of the league, is the worst I have ever seen. And it's not hyperbole.

And to think that Nate Peterman is our starting QB and they bring in Matt Barkley as his backup, is extremely troublesome. Of course there are no good answers. Of course no one they sign will really make a difference in one or two weeks. But thinking Matt Barkley is the best available QB of all the 50 crappy alternatives is downright scary. He's Nathan Peterman 1.0. This is really something to worry about, because it's CLEAR that they don't know what the problem with Nathan Peterman is. 

• Like (+1) 4