Official Christmas Thread!

Thanksgiving is in October in Canada, so Christmas is the next big thing up there. We still have Thanksgiving at the end of November, so for sane people it’s too early to start thinking about Christmas.

Of course, Christmas shopping could or should be well underway, unless you are either a procrastinator, or can only make decisions under pressure, or just like the thrill of the hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping. 

1 hour ago, Gray Beard said:

Thanksgiving is in October in Canada, so Christmas is the next big thing up there. We still have Thanksgiving at the end of November, so for sane people it’s too early to start thinking about Christmas.

Of course, Christmas shopping could or should be well underway, unless you are either a procrastinator, or can only make decisions under pressure, or just like the thrill of the hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping. 

you gots the internet where you live? Prime !!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Don't they (Canadians) celebrate:  "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald Day" coming up on November 10th first!

In all seriousness, we do have remembrance day here on November 11th that is held as a serious day that banks and some government get as paid holidays. They are trying to make it a paid holiday for everyone. I'm surprised the nation that holds service and military in much higher regard doesnt have the same, I guess people would be afraid of the 11th or 12th being a national day of kneeling?

As for Christmas, growing up my family always said Christmas started after your Thanksgiving. Trees, because we had real ones, didnt go up til a week or so before, and came down once the Ukranian Christmas was over in January.

I came home last night to a Christmas tree up with lights on. My wife and her family celebrate the start of Christmas on November 1st, then have the trees being taken down December 26th.

I dont like Christmas..........