Just have to write this out to believe it (QBs)

ShipUPride

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I can see that, although getting a 3rd for Tyrod was pretty good value, especially since he went to the Browns and sucked bad enough to get benched.

Yeah IDK. You bench him because you drafted a QB #1 and that QB is better. I don't think the Bills have a better QB this year. Maybe Allen becomes better in time but for this year TT would be the starter if he was here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Whaley is the one who signed all those high-priced players to bloated, back-loaded contracts. McBeane is cleaning up the mess so the team can actually have a future.

like who? Darby, watkins, ragland? all on rookie deals, We signed star and dumped dareus when we could have just kept Dareus for less. We have a QB on a rookie deal, we can afford a few overpaid players.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

In hindsight, yes. But Peterman appeared to be better than McCarron in the preseason.

Thank you. That was a very popular opinion on this site earlier this season. Strange now that so many are pretending that never happened. The calls of why did they get rid of Tyrod are growing too. This is a very young team, take it from a guy who remembers the building of the Super Bowl team there are a lot of similarities going on here. We'll be better next year, and dominant in 2020 if we stay the course.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Very true. The current regime is responsible for about half of the dead cap.  

Delayed gratification.

The opposite approach to the last regime, who always thought we were so close to being Super Bowl contenders that they didn’t bother to let themselves worry about the 800 pound gorilla that was the future salary cap.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Respect the Process! :unsure:

The process is to get as many QBs hurt as possible so there are none left for the rest of the league and eventually, the league will have to be a wildcat league. 

BRILLIANT!

4 minutes ago, Chemical said:

like who? Darby, watkins, ragland? all on rookie deals, We signed star and dumped dareus when we could have just kept Dareus for less. We have a QB on a rookie deal, we can afford a few overpaid players.

Darby? Is corner a problem for this team?

Watkins? It would be nice to have him but who knows what went down leading up to them declining his 5th year option.

Ragland? Who?

Dareus? Are you still talking about defense like it’s a problem?

2 minutes ago, Chemical said:

I hate to point out that our defense clearly is not the problem so I won't go into the defensive players you listed except to say that Dareus was more disruptive off the field.

Watkins was always injured and was openly stating that he was looking for massive money on his next contract. The Rams didn't see the value of keeping him either so they seemed to agree with us and no one is trashing them. I would have gone with Woods as my example. 

This year was always a tank year, let Allen learn. The playoff drought is behind us, I can be a little patient and let the plan work.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, st pete gogolak said:

In hindsight?  Pushing hard to sign Teddy Bridgewater and using all that draft capital to improve the OL and WR. 

I agree with pushing for Teddy, next to Foles, he's the best backup in the league IMO.   We could have had him for nothing in the offseason, or a 5th from the Jets.

I don't think burning draft capital would have made sense considering what was available.  We need to draft a center and a stud WR in the top 3 rounds next year, but there wasn't a decent option for us at center, and aside from Cooper who would have cost us a 1st, I'm not sure we missed the boat on the free agent WR's either.   

But Teddy was the play all along.    If you look closely, most all of McCarrons good plays were throwing to A.J. Green, who can make Peterboy look like Favre

1 hour ago, ShipUPride said:

In the 24 games since McDermott got here... we have started the following QBs:

Tyrod Taylor - 14 Games

Nathan Peterman - 5 Games (after this week)

Josh Allen - 3 Games

Derek Anderson - 2 Games

Joe Webb - 0 Games (Played in 1)

AJ McCarron - 0 Games

Matt Barkley - 0 Games

Nothing that hasn't been stated already, but this is downright unbelievable. 

Dramatic much?  

I mean he inherited Tyrod...this post is absurd.  They moved on from Tyrod and drafted a rookie.  He got hurt.  I mean WTF is supposed to be different?  You didn't like Tyrod so they went a got a new one who got hurt. 

These posts are getting out of hand.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I hate to point out that our defense clearly is not the problem so I won't go into the defensive players you listed except to say that Dareus was more disruptive off the field.

Watkins was always injured and was openly stating that he was looking for massive money on his next contract. The Rams didn't see the value of keeping him either so they seemed to agree with us and no one is trashing them. I would have gone with Woods as my example. 

This year was always a tank year, let Allen learn. The playoff drought is behind us, I can be a little patient and let the plan work.

There isn't a HC out there who, whether confident of his tenure or not, would deliberately attempt to lose games.  You people can keep believing this nonsense, but there's no way that McCoach went into the 2018 season with the idea of tanking.  McBeane attempted to deconstruct the roster and to win simultaneously.  That plan has not worked out the way they expected and now they're staring at an historically bad offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShipUPride said:

In the 24 games since McDermott got here... we have started the following QBs:

Tyrod Taylor - 14 Games

Nathan Peterman - 5 Games (after this week)

Josh Allen - 3 Games

Derek Anderson - 2 Games

Joe Webb - 0 Games (Played in 1)

AJ McCarron - 0 Games

Matt Barkley - 0 Games

Nothing that hasn't been stated already, but this is downright unbelievable. 

IN what way is it unbelievable?  The only one I have doubts about is Peterman.  They should have replaced him a long time ago so that we wouldn't be in the situation we are this week.  Other than that, the other three make perfect sense based on the situation at the time.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

So what was the correct course of action?

Keep Hotrod.  Sign AJ.  Draft JA or whoever.

It's the most important position.  Don't be cheap or put all your eggs in one basket.

Lets not forget that they thought TJ Yates was good.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

There isn't a HC out there who, whether confident of his tenure or not, would deliberately attempt to lose games.  You people can keep believing this nonsense, but there's no way that McCoach went into the 2018 season with the idea of tanking.  McBeane attempted to deconstruct the roster and to win simultaneously.  That plan has not worked out the way they expected and now they're staring at an historically bad offense. 

I'm saying that they are willing to tank this year, but they are still trying. As long as the owners have bought in to the plan then it's ok. You can clearly see that McD is not enjoying losing and the offensive struggles. I'm not enjoying it either but I'm expecting to a lot happier next year with some new talent and serious improvements. Like I said earlier though 2019 will be better but 2020 we'll be dominant.