Trade Deadline Updates - Official Thread

wppete

5 hours ago, wppete said:

Post all trade updates here. Deadline today at 4:00pm.

Can you update the first post with cliff notes on the major trades?

31 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Its called a rebiuld....they dont want older players they want younger ones

And yet we ditched a ton of young talent and are older through the process 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Can you update the first post with cliff notes on the major trades?

And yet we ditched a ton of young talent and are older through the process 

We didnt want to pay their salaries......we are signing rentals for dirt cheap because we are trying to get to this next offseason and they DONT want to give up draft picks in the process........

For instance....I love Golden Tate.....but I understand why we didnt trade for him....he is a rest of the year rental and would have to give up a 3rd for that pleasure....I want a young player that can grow with the team for that 3rd round pick

28 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We didnt want to pay their salaries......we are signing rentals for dirt cheap because we are trying to get to this next offseason and they DONT want to give up draft picks in the process........

For instance....I love Golden Tate.....but I understand why we didnt trade for him....he is a rest of the year rental and would have to give up a 3rd for that pleasure....I want a young player that can grow with the team for that 3rd round pick

Yeah most of these guys are rentals. Kb would be a rental - but he sucks and his salary is super high. No one wants him

1 hour ago, BuffaLoko said:

Pete, maybe...just maybe..  they drafted Allen 1 year earlier than they expected him to start for us, so they didn´t care about fixing the O-line this season. You can tell they really trusted last season´s 5 pick game for NP was a fluke and they trusted him enough to risk starting with him...

yep

12 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Yeah most of these guys are rentals. Kb would be a rental - but he sucks and his salary is super high. No one wants him

KB was a rental I thought ? and a risk. recall that he was coming off injury. Then post season he said he was healthy. after the Newton crap

looks the same slow injured player to me.

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Still think it was a great move.  Problem here is everyone said they were ready to deal with the ups and downs of drafting a rookie qb, but in the back of their mind expected the rookie to be Tom Brady.  

Agree with you wholeheartedly I thought it was a great move as well getting what we got for Tyrod.  I can also admit I am guilty of claiming that I was prepared to deal with the ups and downs of drafting a rookie QB, it's just that I was thinking we'd be dealing with the ups and downs of Josh ROSEN, and not Josh Allen.  Once they announced the word Josh, I immediately was filled with love, leeway, patience, and understanding.  When they then followed it with Allen, all those warm and positive feelings I was ready to invest in our rookie QB quickly dissipated.  I can say that Allen has shown me enough flashes of potential greatness mixed in with his rookie mistakes and accuracy issues that I am willing to give him the rest of the year before I make any judgement on him either way.  

Edited by smuvtalker

2 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

I could be way off... but I don’t think the Bills wanted to acquire any talent this year.. talent might mean we win games. I truly think Beane hopes we lose games and end up with a better pick in the draft. 

I am still all in for Derek Carr (if we don’t have to give up a first)... but can’t get him now or else we may win a few games.. and then back to the middle of the drafting pack. 

Maybe my brain is just fried...

While I'm still willing to give Allen the year to see if he's the franchise QB we've been waiting for, I certainly think Carr is a very talented guy.  Will he be a free agent after this season or something?  

37 minutes ago, PittsforDave said:

Just got off work.  What happened today? Who did we trade and what position was upgraded?

No one.  Beane thinks we are set on offense.  We will rebuild with a 31 year old RB with a crazy contract and a fat lazy WR

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Instead we overpaid for a broken QB because we have no line and our WR's cannot get separation.  I banged the table build the line and draft skill players with those picks.  12, 53, 55 we could of drafted Billy Price and a competent WR.  Why give so much for the QB if there is such a dearth of talent on the offense?   Our offense is historically bad, and will only get worse with Peterman.  Archie Manning is one of the most skilled QBs of all time.  But he didn't do much in NFL because he played on a line that couldn't block and he had no WRs.  I don't care if you put Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers at QB for the Bills.  They would get pummeled and injured by week 6.  WTF is the point of drafting a QB and putting off fixing a horrendous online and fielding the worst bunch of WR's in the NFL?

And back to my point.  Our offense is one of the worst the past 20 years.  Stats show this.  League scoring is at an all time high, and we cannot score a TD.  We need all the picks we can get.  Shady is 31 and way overpaid.  Ivory is just as effective.  Why include Shady in the rebuild?  I would of rather traded him, and drafted his replacement.  Tate was given away.  Demaryous was given away.  Josh Gordon was given away.  Beane could of made some moves.  But instead we are going to roll with Peterman, Benjamin as our #1, Andre as our 2, Zay in the slot.......WTF is that?

Only problem with your approach is 2019 draft will be one of the worst ever for QB.

So you would have to trade for a QB like Bridgewater or pinned your hopes on McCarron.

2 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

While I'm still willing to give Allen the year to see if he's the franchise QB we've been waiting for, I certainly think Carr is a very talented guy.  Will he be a free agent after this season or something?  

Was rumored that Raiders would potentially listen to offers for Carr.  I’m not 100% on this being reliable, but seeing how Gruden is operating, I’d be shocked if Carr couldn’t be acquired..

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

why do the Packers throw away their good safeties all of the time?

I think it's a bit crazy to trade their starting safety when they are going for it this year as A-Aron gets older.

It just seems that they aren't willing to pay guys in that position. Haha is a pending free agent they had no interest in resigning, who is pretty average and has had issues with teammates. Also, I think their new GM wants to draft his own guys ala Beane. 

55 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Only problem with your approach is 2019 draft will be one of the worst ever for QB.

So you would have to trade for a QB like Bridgewater or pinned your hopes on McCarron.

True.  I would have signed Bridgewater or Bradford or someone along those lines.  But I would of used those prime picks on oline and WR.  We would still have our great defense.  But we would at least be able to run the ball, and be able to convert on a 3rd down pass.  Great defense and a running game wins championships too.

28 minutes ago, Pete said:

True.  I would have signed Bridgewater or Bradford or someone along those lines.  But I would of used those prime picks on oline and WR.  We would still have our great defense.  But we would at least be able to run the ball, and be able to convert on a 3rd down pass.  Great defense and a running game wins championships too.

Perfectly reasonable approach. I would have kept TT, still tried to get Allen, but not traded up for a MLB. McD and Beane waste too many picks even after getting an extra first in the 2017 trade down. Had they not traded up for Zay, Dawkins, and Edmunds they would have three more second and third round picks on the roster. Add a late 3rd round comp pick they should have had in 2018 if they managed the roster correctly and that is four players that should have decent chances to be starters. All wasted on an average LT, a below average #2 WR, and a project at MLB(who looks like he can be a star in the future). Those other four picks are the starting OL and TE they need.

6 hours ago, BuffaLoko said:

Pete, maybe...just maybe..  they drafted Allen 1 year earlier than they expected him to start for us, so they didn´t care about fixing the O-line this season. You can tell they really trusted last season´s 5 pick game for NP was a fluke and they trusted him enough to risk starting with him...

What's that tell you about the guys in charge?  They are clueless

9 hours ago, Pete said:

No one.  Beane thinks we are set on offense.  We will rebuild with a 31 year old RB with a crazy contract and a fat lazy WR

No... contenders add at the deadline. We are not a contender. 

Mccoy for a 5th isn't worth it.  Tate makes less money this year and is better than Benjamin.  I think Thomas would cost about the same... but is also better than Benjamin.  What could we even get for Benjamin at this point...? He's a locker room distraction who hasn't been good in like 4 years.  We could cut him... but we would still pay him