How badly does this offense rank all-time through 8 games?

sullim4

Point differential is a pretty solid indicator of how good or bad a team is.

Our worst season all time is 1971.  We had a MINUS 210 point differential for the season.  (14 games back then).  

Right now, we are handily worst in the league for 2018, with a differential of MINUS 113.

Next worst team is Phoenix with -89.

11 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

It looks like the 2000 Browns scored 161 points that season. That’s the worst output for a season going back 20 years. We’re on pace for 174, but given the trend it’s hard to say we won’t have a solid crack at <160

We have as solid chance with Peterman.  I think we can get it done

• Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

It looks like the 2000 Browns scored 161 points that season. That’s the worst output for a season going back 20 years. We’re on pace for 174, but given the trend it’s hard to say we won’t have a solid crack at <160

161 points = 10.0625 points per game.

Thru 8 games the Bills are at 87 points scored, or 10.975 ppg.  It's getting really close ....

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

161 points = 10.0625 points per game.

Thru 8 games the Bills are at 87 points scored, or 10.975 ppg.  It's getting really close ....

I don't want to sound like an educator or anything but 87/8 = 10.875. ?

I posted this in the GDT but probably should have posted it here... No team has averaged fewer points per game since the 2006 Oakland Raiders averaged 10.5.  And, the last team to average less than 14 points per game (two touchdowns per game) was the 2012 Kansas City Chiefs. And, their offensive coordinator was our very own Brian Daboll.

Is it talent? Is it scheme? Is it play calling? I'm of the opinion that it is all of the above. Everyone can see we need more talent on offense. But, we also have a coordinator who has never had much success as an OC anywhere in the NFL (Buffalo being his 4th stop).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Our worst season all time is 1971.  We had a MINUS 210 point differential for the season.  (14 games back then).  

Right now, we are handily worst in the league for 2018, with a differential of MINUS 113.

But but but....they have Rosen!!!! That can't be!

Considering the unprecedented offensive production we’re seeing, our impotent results are staggering and embarrassing. But we still won’t likely be the least productive offense of all time since the 1992 Seattle Seahawks, who went 2-14, only scored 140 points, the fewest in a 16-game season.

In the last 14 games we have thrown under 100 yards 5 times. The Browns that went 1-32 only did that once. 0-16 lions also once.

12 minutes ago, Midwest1981 said:

Considering the unprecedented offensive production we’re seeing, our impotent results are staggering and embarrassing.

Our production needs to be adjusted to league average to show how truly terrible it is. 

6 hours ago, October 1918 said:

I don't want to sound like an educator or anything but 87/8 = 10.875. ?

I posted this in the GDT but probably should have posted it here... No team has averaged fewer points per game since the 2006 Oakland Raiders averaged 10.5.  And, the last team to average less than 14 points per game (two touchdowns per game) was the 2012 Kansas City Chiefs. And, their offensive coordinator was our very own Brian Daboll.

Is it talent? Is it scheme? Is it play calling? I'm of the opinion that it is all of the above. Everyone can see we need more talent on offense. But, we also have a coordinator who has never had much success as an OC anywhere in the NFL (Buffalo being his 4th stop).

Oops. 

47 minutes ago, Chemical said:

In the last 14 games we have thrown under 100 yards 5 times. The Browns that went 1-32 only did that once. 0-16 lions also once.

Our production needs to be adjusted to league average to show how truly terrible it is. 

Very true. A 40 HR season meant a lot in the late 70s/early 80s. Not so much at all in the peak steroid era. We are in a high scoring/high passing yardage environment now, so this offensive performance is truly pathetic.

7 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Cool, I knew my 1971 signed team ball with OJ and Al Cowling's signatures would be worth something.....just didn't know why.....thanks Mom and Dad!

Pats played to win with minimal effort in the first half

when they needed key yards in the 4th it was zip zip zip zip down the field like clockwork

so it should be really worse for point diff, if that really matters