Browns: OC Todd Haley fired

BeastMode54

27 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Yeah but seriously, the entire top end of that organization needs to be replaced, including GM.  So these are moves in the right direction.

BTW:  Hue Jackson's favorite pastime was reminding people he is the head coach.  What is he going to do now!?  He'll never be HC in this league again.

Hue wasn't any kind of solution, but the GM for sure needs to go. Browns basically committed to tanking this season now by removing both at once. Not to mention people complain about the environment provided for Allen, but I don't care how pro ready Baker is (not as much as people thought it looks like) that is not an environment for your franchise rookie qb. Makes me feel better about us at the very least.

Edited by ctk232

37 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Yeah but seriously, the entire top end of that organization needs to be replaced, including GM.  So these are moves in the right direction.

BTW:  Hue Jackson's favorite pastime was reminding people he is the head coach.  What is he going to do now!?  He'll never be HC in this league again.

He's like Wade Phillips and Norv Turner. Good Coordinators, not so good head coaches.

1 hour ago, Heitz said:

Saw this coming about 5 minutes into Hard Knocks... ?

I saw three coaches who didn't want to work with each other.  Two of the most unlikable (but competent) coordinators in the league and Hue Jackson who seemed a little too nice for both.

14 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I saw three coaches who didn't want to work with each other.  Two of the most unlikable (but competent) coordinators in the league and Hue Jackson who seemed a little too nice for both.

You wonder if ownership in Cleveland watched Hard Knocks.

I don't know of a single person (including myself) who watched Hard Knocks who didn't immediately think that the entire crew in Cleveland was destined for failure and were basically bad hires.

They wreaked of "the wrong guys for the job" on that show.

I really wish the show would come to Buffalo; yes, it would be a distraction for the team and that's probably bad, but we'd get so much insight into what's really going on over there; would be a great learning experience.

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

and was liked by Roethlisberger

Roetglisberger dispised Haley. The Steelers had to have a mediator between the two on game days because they wouldn’t talk to each other. In ended when Roethlisberger supposedly claimed he would retire if Haley was retained.

59 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

"BTW:  Hue Jackson's favorite pastime was reminding people he is the head coach. "

LMAO!! This genuinely gave me a good laugh. So true!!! Yeah he could get another shot but that'd be years down the road. If he gets an OC job and kills it ,  a team can justify his hiring by pointing to the dysfunction in the Browns organization as a direct result of his poor record. 

He had his team in almost every game,they just couldn't close the game out. That's what a losing culture will do

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

I just came back here to edit my post, having caught on that he was fired as well! 

That is hilarious.  I didn't think he had much time left, but I thought he had more than none!

:lol:

The GM fone an amazing job drafting/FA he just had a man with the “football for dummies” book running the show. 

2 hours ago, FLFan said:

Jackson should have been fired after last season and that idiot Haley should never have been hired.  They were simply making the damage worse by letting them stick around week by week.  The owner should get out of the way and let Dorsey run it, and perhaps this is a sign of that happening.

Good point.  Dorsey will hire his guy now.  But I wonder if he and the coach he picks are gone in two years.

29 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Good point.  Dorsey will hire his guy now.  But I wonder if he and the coach he picks are gone in two years.

That would certainly be the pattern.  They seem to have some good talent stockpiled.  It would actually be a shame to see it wasted. (sort of B-))

This is not funny.  I know it seems funny - "the browns always find a way to up the anti", "misery loves company", etc - but it's not.  This is war on the Erie shore people; draft terrorism.  

They are a mere tie ahead of the bills right now and with this river-on-fire of a mess they will likely end the year with a better draft slot than buffalo again.  These bottom feeding SOBs are not going to share any food that falls to the mud with us.  

Dirty pool I tell ya!  

We need to let them know we see what they're up to and send a stong reply.  N8 Peterman needs to start tonight.  Do it!

Edited by sleeby

Chidi Ahanotu once referred to our beloved mouth that roared, Mr. Williams, as "soft" and (wait for it ....................................)

"cerebral."    Chidi's analytical skills evidently rivaled my pass rushing ability.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82829cad/article/retired-bills-de-gregg-williams-was-softest-coach

Edited by MRM33064

1 hour ago, eanyills said:

Roetglisberger dispised Haley. The Steelers had to have a mediator between the two on game days because they wouldn’t talk to each other. In ended when Roethlisberger supposedly claimed he would retire if Haley was retained.

...and Haley really trashed Gailey in KC.......pure garbage.....

I thought Haley would be the one to take over as HC once Hue was inevitably fired. Out of the three stooges I felt he was by far the best. I cannot believe they went with Greg Williams. Watching Hard Knocks there cannot be one person on that team that actually likes Greg. What struck me as incredibly immature was how he made his defense clap in unison and say “come get some B word”.

Edited by Bills2ref
  • Haha (+1) 1