Has anyone else had issues with Sunday ticket this year?

Steptide

It seems that every week I have some issue with my Sunday ticket channels. One week none of the channels were working, I just had a directv logo on all of them. After an hour on the phone with directv (during the games mind you) it just suddenly started working. Today, I have some weird thing popping up on each Sunday ticket channel asking me if I wanna continue to purchase the particular game I'm tuning into for 49.99. If I hit cancel, the channel blacks out. Wtf. This is now the 3rd time this season I've had to call during games to figure this nonsense out. And no, re setting the box has done nothing 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Steptide said:

It seems that every week I have some issue with my Sunday ticket channels. One week none of the channels were working, I just had a directv logo on all of them. After an hour on the phone with directv (during the games mind you) it just suddenly started working. Today, I have some weird thing popping up on each Sunday ticket channel asking me if I wanna continue to purchase the particular game I'm tuning into for 49.99. If I hit cancel, the channel blacks out. Wtf. This is now the 3rd time this season I've had to call during games to figure this nonsense out. And no, re setting the box has done nothing 

17 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I have the same problem.  I am currently on hold going on a half hour.

I had to re-boot.  It is ok now and I hung up on them while I was waiting.  Service after the sale sucks.

Well it just came back. Any other suggestions?

2 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

I have the same problem.  I am currently on hold going on a half hour.

I had to re-boot.  It is ok now and I hung up on them while I was waiting.  Service after the sale sucks.

Just talked to them, they said its happening to everyone and they're working on a fix 

Mines fixed as of now 

18 minutes ago, Leonhart2017 said:

Having the same exact issue! Inalso had that issue with the dorect TV logo a few weeks back. They had no idea what was causing it and after being on the phone for about 30 minutes it just started working. 

Yep. Super annoying. Never had any problems with Sunday ticket the last 7 years I've had it 

Mine is working fine this week, because the Bills are not on! LAST WEEK,....disaster! Nothing worked on all of DirecTv. The remote wouldn’t work. Changed batteries. Still dead. Hit Guide, get nothing. Channel up, nothing. Info? Nope. After 30 minutes it started HALF working, I limped to the Bills channel and put the remote where it couldn’t get touched! A of 25+ years friend in town that day said “I’ve never seen you like this!” 

This week? Just fine. Of course, I didn’t need it so....of course.

As stated above, service after the sale SUCKS!  

I have had it for almost 10 years now and never have an issue that’s not self inflicted. I’m not supposed to have it where I am

and a tree blocks the signal occasionally but that’s not direct TVs fault. So far so good. I was nervous last week before the Bills game because cbs pre game wasn’t on but it fired up just in time for me to watch the Bills get dismantled.

I have had issues every year for the last ten, and for the past couple have had two accounts.  First game of the season, I got an ambiguous message, called and discovered I had never ordered it.  I had, of course, three weeks earlier with long discussions on how I wanted it at both locations but only wanted to pay one charge for it.  I indicated that if that was not possible, I'd skip ordering it at either location and just find a local spot to watch.  Like clockwork, they screwed it up. 

In fairness, when they finally fixed it, I was able to start the game from the beginning and saw the whole thing.  When I called the next day to figure out how to avoid this problem in the future, they gave me a $65 monthly credit for 12 mos. 

No issues around Saratoga, NY.

You guys on the standard or high def channel? I only have basic now as paying another 100 bucks for games in HD is just a slap in the face.

Either way after this year the dish comes down. I can easily stream online for free and pay enough for WIFI alone these days. 

• Like (+1) 1