Do you have any ties to your high school still?

Another Fan

a few friends I keep in touch with and have lunch/dinner a few times a year

one has two sons in the same old school and we get together for weekend hoops tournaments

parents are still in the home town

read the obits each Sunday and send messages where appropriate in sympathy

I've refused to go to any of the 4 high school reunions I've been invited to. 10th and 20th for Orchard Park and the same with the high school here. Seems so lame to potentially see people you didn't like then and aren't going to like any more years later.

I stay in touch with a few HS people (one is my tax guy) and actually have made a lot of friends in Buffalo since I began traveling for business up there in 2009. 

It'll be ten years since I graduated next year.  If there is a reunion (class president died senior year, I'm not sure anyone has the motivation to pick up planning and such), I won't be going.  All the people from high school I still talk to (all two of them) live less than a 10 minute walk from me.  There are a couple of others I'll see on occasion (I live thirty miles from where I went to high school) but other than that no real ties to speak of.

50 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

It'll be ten years since I graduated next year.  If there is a reunion (class president died senior year, I'm not sure anyone has the motivation to pick up planning and such), I won't be going.  All the people from high school I still talk to (all two of them) live less than a 10 minute walk from me.  There are a couple of others I'll see on occasion (I live thirty miles from where I went to high school) but other than that no real ties to speak of.

10.....  it will be 30 before you know it...  :D

17 hours ago, Augie said:

11 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

My mom just turned 93. 

My mother turns 91 in a few weeks. It’s really amazing how well she’s doing. You’d never guess 91, and I just knocked on wood. 

My parents turned a combined 200 years old two days ago...mom 3 months past her 99th birthday, dad will turn 101 in 3 months (if he makes it, don't think that's in the cards though.)

IHS class of 75 has smallish reunions every year in Durand Park, attended by 30-40. Big ones every 5 years attended by 200-300. Try to make them all.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Steve O said:

My parents turned a combined 200 years old two days ago...mom 3 months past her 99th birthday, dad will turn 101 in 3 months (if he makes it, don't think that's in the cards though.)

IHS class of 75 has smallish reunions every year in Durand Park, attended by 30-40. Big ones every 5 years attended by 200-300. Try to make them all.

WOW! That’s really amazing! 

Friends I grew up with on the same street...haven't seen them in 25 years or more.

Friends I went to HS with(graduating class of 600+ and I still live in an adjacent suburb)...unless I run into them by chance, and I happen to recognize them(unlikely lol), not since graduation in the mid 70's.

22 hours ago, Augie said:

Good genes there! 

Good genes on my mom's side.  She's 92 Her oldest sibling (sister) died at 98. Her dad died at 94, a brother died at 93. Hy mother and one of her sisters (88- she dances on Polka Buzz) are the only ones left out of 9 kids. The youngest died at 83.

1. I graduated in a class of about 900. Now the same school graduates 200.

2. I couldn't name five people from my graduating class. It may be because I moved away after graduating.

3. About five years ago I came across a website which was some kind of high school reunion tabulator. The one thing from the website that absolutely floored me were the number of deaths from my graduating class, any many of them at really young ages.

58 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

1. I graduated in a class of about 900. Now the same school graduates 200.

2. I couldn't name five people from my graduating class. It may be because I moved away after graduating.

3. About five years ago I came across a website which was some kind of high school reunion tabulator. The one thing from the website that absolutely floored me were the number of deaths from my graduating class, any many of them at really young ages.

Everyone i went to school with that was smoking pot starting at the age of 11 didn't make it to 50.

I have a list of 16 of them.

On 10/24/2018 at 5:26 PM, Augie said:

But yeah, I’m in the yearbook next to your gang! 

What yearbook? I don't think I have any left, we have moved and had floods so many times, I doubt I even have my wedding album, although my wife accuses me of trying to hide the evidence.