Week 8: Patriots Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Donta Hightower Out for NE

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

All time bad on offense.....

You mean....like bad enough to get a top 5 pick?  I really hate to point this out but you dont get tot he prime draft picks by being marginally good.....you get them by being BAD

That top 5 pick is going to be on the D side of the Ball....

It's a defense heavy draft up top.

6 hours ago, Buddy Hix said:

I don’t root for players to get injured, but I am rooting for Brady to dip his wings in ranch dressing and get a brutal case of the green apple splatters so he can’t play due to food poisoning. 

i make an exception with gronkowski post-cheap shot on TW.  the guy is immensely talented, has had an embarrassment of riches in terms of money, fame and accolades, yet revealed himself to be just another scumbag.  

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Nah, garbagetime will commence way before half time

True but we can't score in garbage time either.

It's going to be bad, I will grant that.  As far as I'm concerned, the 2018 season is no longer about reaching the playoffs for the Bills.  It is about an opportunity for young players to develop.  The game against the Patriots is close to meaningless for the Bills.  They are going to look bad, and it will be nearly impossible to tell if the young players are learninging anything from it.  Once Josh Allen gets healthy again, we'll be able to watch to see if he's learning and growing.  Honestly, though, I'm not sure that we'll get much of an idea of what he can or can't become until well into 2019.  

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I feel like the reds are due here soon. It’s strange that there are no AFL throwbacks anywhere in the bills store and they never made an Allen. Almost like maybe we are done with them. Not that any of it matter...just wondering 

Red for a potential blood bath? :unsure:

Brian Daboll: "Every Week is a Different Week and You Just Gotta Do a Better Job that Week" (10:51)

Bills Offensive Coordinator spoke to the media on Monday, October 22nd. Topics included: Preparing Derek Anderson in a short time frame, momentum changes in the Week 7 game versus the Colts due to turnovers, and being on the sideline during last week's game.

Leslie Frazier: "We Gotta Get Back on Track" (6:30)

Bills Defensive Coordinator Leslie Frazier spoke to the media on Monday, October 22nd. Topics included: The run defense problems versus the Colts, challenges of facing the Patriots offense, and utilizing Coach Daboll in preparation for the upcoming Week 8 game.

Doesn’t Dabol have to at some point for self preservation, ask Beane to get him a WR? I mean I get the qb situation has been very bad..but eventually this thing is going to swing towards Dabol. We all can see it from a mile away. Allen is going to outlive the OC. Doesn’t this guy go to Beane and tell him he needs a real WR to make this work?

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Doesn’t Dabol have to at some point for self preservation, ask Beane to get him a WR? I mean I get the qb situation has been very bad..but eventually this thing is going to swing towards Dabol. We all can see it from a mile away. Allen is going to outlive the OC. Doesn’t this guy go to Beane and tell him he needs a real WR to make this work?

Any legit WR will have to be acquired in the offseason. 

DqIK0o8XcAAfEA_.jpg

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

i make an exception with gronkowski post-cheap shot on TW.  the guy is immensely talented, has had an embarrassment of riches in terms of money, fame and accolades, yet revealed himself to be just another scumbag.  

Yeah, I understand that, scumbag hit. I wouldn’t wish an injury on him but I’d like to see him get lit up by White and concussed to even it up. I’m Old Testament, eye for an eye.

Stack the trends and Thurman Thomas having his No. 34 retired and nighttime tailgating (for the most part) are among the sparse topics that shouldn’t make Bills fans shudder about next Monday.

Jones wasn’t ready to look ahead, but let’s part the fingers that are covering our eyes to peep some alternating Buffalo and New England stats that illustrate the dread:

The Patriots are averaging 39.3 points over their past four games.

The Bills have totaled 31 points over their past four games.

The Patriots have scored 21 points before halftime in four straight games.

The Bills have totaled 40 points before halftime all year.

Since 2000, New England is 60-18 in October.

Buffalo in that span has 59 victories in October and November.

New England staged a 96-yard touchdown drive in the fourth quarter Sunday against Chicago.

All year, Buffalo has conducted just three drives longer than 60 yards, none beyond 75 yards.

Subscription Required for Full Access 

It’s one heck of a reach to suggest the Patriots wouldn’t have beaten the Bears without a couple of touchdowns on special teams.

Yeah, and Mrs. Lincoln would’ve enjoyed the play a bit more if — well, you know.

No doubt, those scores were necessary during the Pats’ 38-31 victory at Soldier Field. Take out those touchdowns and the outcome surely could have been different had the game been played in a parallel universe. Regarding the actual game in Chicago, Cordarrelle Patterson returned a kickoff for a touchdown and Dont’a Hightower blocked a punt that was returned to the house by Kyle Van Noy.

However, that theory discounts three significant factors First, and most importantly for Bill Belichick, the Patriots spend far too much time on special teams in practice not to have that effort validated at times throughout the season on game day. While scores on special teams aren’t consistently counted on, the fact that they’re rare shouldn’t discredit their value. Think the Chiefs apologized for Tyreek Hill’s game-changing plays as a returner? Should the Packers’ win in Super Bowl XXXI be any less meaningful simply because Desmond Howard returned the ball a then-Super Bowl record 99 yards for a touchdown? Want the Patriots to wipe away the entire 2001 postseason? (That was a rhetorical question, Raiders, Steelers and Rams.)

Subscription Required for Full Access 

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We really need to bring in another qb that can play Incase Anderson gets hurt (before Allen comes back)

Peterman. They still believe in him. Besides, who the heck can they get at this point? This is a situation that needed to be handled before camp started.

Edited by vincec

22 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

You all are such a bunch of pu#%ies. All you do is B word and whine about everything. It’s easy to support the Bills when they win. These are the times that make being a fan so much better when they actually do turn the corner and become a contender. Either get on board or leave. Either way, quick whining about everything. 

Umm what? When you say "these times," do you mean like this exact season, or are you forgetting the last 2 decades of misery?

Just because we barely made the WC & lost, we never were even close to "becoming a contender," nor have we been for ages! People that complain have every right to complain, as they've been watching this team fail year after year. To try & chastise them for not being big enough fanboys is ludicrous! 

Maybe stop swallowing all the crap your fed & expect more from your team. I mean, I know it's only been a measly 20 whole years, and that's clearly not enough time to build a successful roster, but maybe you should realize that these people who are upset are just as much a fan of the team as you are...only endless patience isn't a virtue they share with you.

Edited by BigDingus

Mike Reiss ESPN Staff Writer 

Patriots defensive snaps: Rotation of sorts at CB spot opposite Stephon Gilmore was a new development, with Jason McCourty (55) and J.C. Jackson (31) splitting time. That is a season high for Jackson.

95a1ca4a-cb8e-457a-b724-359269910158.png

Patriots offensive snaps: WR depth chart reflects rise of Josh Gordon (61), who was in top-2 pairing with Julian Edelman (63). Then Chris Hogan (42), Phillip Dorsett (8) and Cordarrelle Patterson (6) round things out.

98d15df8-b70f-47ff-84d9-cceaf24de6a8.png