This atrocity should be expected

Steptide

4 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

They truly have to. I know Bosa and Oliver are the popular choices with a heavy D draft next year but we have to go all in on Offense.

They have to go where the great players in the draft are. It’s D line high in 2018. Fix the offense by other means than the first round of the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, swnybillsfan said:

i am going to say that the "what they want to do" is about scheme fit, attitude, and work ethic. we all know the big name guys they got rid of and the reasons behind the moves. they are looking for guys that are all in on the team aspect.

Screams Kelvin Benjamin and Halftim Retiree Davis 

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Why does this need to be repeated time and time again? 

Its incredible. It's like people block it out of their minds because they don't want to believe it.

When you have trash contracts like the one given to Clay handed out like candy, that's what happens. 

• Like (+1) 1

If this was all part of "the process", then Mcdermott and Beane are playing with fire. 

We are averaging 11 points per game. QBs, playmakers, offensive line, scheme/play calling are all terrible. 

I don't know how you could see such an offensive atrocity and think that this staff knows how build a consistent championship contender. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

23 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I post something similar every week after these losses. This season was never gonna be good. Last year was very fun making the playoffs, but it was also very flukey (the fumble by Matt Ryan against Atlanta, the Colts game, the Dalton pass etc) 

While I don't agree with every decision McBean have made since they were hired, they've also been a bit handcuffed by the dead cap money. I'll say it again, if we're sitting here a year from now in the same boat, then yes, fire McDermott, but this season was truly a "hit the reset button' year. McDermott and beane knew this, hence beane not wanting to give up a single draft pick in 19 to move up in the draft in 18. Don't fool yourselves, McDermott absolutely knew how bad we'd be this year. That doesn't mean they're not trying to win though. We have 9 games left and I expect alot more of what we've seen so far. Hopefully we can pull out a few wins and have a few good weeks, but don't hold.your breath 

I don't know what I'd do if you couldn't tell me what to think. 

Check your PM's, I'm sending you my 401, fidelity, banking information, and social security number.

I'll let you handle all that now.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep it is. After today. 

1-6 when they force zero turnovers 

2-4 when they force 1 turnover 

Differential is probably a better stat. No one uses just one side of the ball to make such observations. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Screams Kelvin Benjamin and Halftim Retiree Davis 

yeah, i see the absolute irony (hypocracy?) in this. gotta give one more offseason before we break out the torches and pitchforks. in the meantime, buy up some stock in the local beer distributors.

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Nonsense. They created most of the dead cap by choice. 

The narrative that they were screwed by the cap situation is one of the most frustrating... 

Poor guys having to deal with somethinf they created.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

While I agree with the OP insofar as I did not expect a repeat (or improvement) of last year, being “bad” is one thing. Being completely noncompetitive is another. Repeated blowouts, a historically bad offense, and coach who, frankly, is starting to sound insulting with his responses to questions are not acceptable (or “expected”) and NO ONE should be defending this. 

This is pretty much exactly it for me too. We’re not just  bad, we are pretty much not even playing the same sport as the rest of the league out there.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, swnybillsfan said:

i am going to say that the "what they want to do" is about scheme fit, attitude, and work ethic. we all know the big name guys they got rid of and the reasons behind the moves. they are looking for guys that are all in on the team aspect.

I am not going to presume any of the guys they’ve let walk or traded have a bad work ethic or attitude. And I don’t trust McDermott to be honest about that either. So those are unknowns as far as I am concerned.

As far as “scheme fit” as it applies to offense? They are on their 2nd coordinator in as many years, and this current one is well on his way out the door if judged by his performance. They have no offensive “scheme” beyond being absolutely lost and embarrassing. 

You’re just using the same stupid buzzwords McDermott uses to avoid ever answering any questions in a meaningful way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

When you have trash contracts like the one given to Clay handed out like candy, that's what happens. 

So Watkins a trash contract?  Rookie Deal

Darby a Trash Contract? Rookie Deal

Ragland a Trash contract? Rookie Deal 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheElectricCompany said:

If this was all part of "the process", then Mcdermott and Beane are playing with fire. 

We are averaging 11 points per game. QBs, playmakers, offensive line, scheme/play calling are all terrible. 

I don't know how you could see this and think that they are truly going to build a consistent championship contender. 

Hard to believe that they're going to go 0-60 in one off-season.  Not much salvageable on the offense here in the 2nd year of the process.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Shouldnt a good coach NOT need two turnovers to win football games?

shouldn't a good coach know that scoring points is what wins games? and maybe that this game is now centered around the forward pass...and people that catch those passes? i think we are on the same side here.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I don't know what I'd do if you couldn't tell me what to think. 

Check your PM's, I'm sending you my 401, fidelity, banking information, and social security number.

I'll let you handle all that now.

Judging by fan reaction, it seems alot of fans are shocked by how bad this team is. Nobody should be surprised at how bad they are 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

And Clay wasnt that bad until the restructuring. But still not horrible in terms of value to performance until this year. 

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

The narrative that they were screwed by the cap situation is one of the most frustrating... 

Poor guys having to deal with somethinf they created.

Its not frustrating if you understand that they had this plan from the start. Get rid of the previous regime guys, and build their own regime. I don't agree with all of it. I still wish Watkins was here as well as some other players, but I will legitimately be shocked if we're in the same boat a year from now