This atrocity should be expected

Steptide

1 hour ago, COTC said:

These apologists threads have got to stop. 

No one was expecting this disaster. This is a disaster of epic proportions. 

Assuming we fire these clowns after the season, it will take 5 years to get back to average. Another 2 to compete. 

We are 7-10 years out before we can even think of playoffs again. 

This sabotage is not only unnecessary it should also be criminal. 

We need to bring these clowns up on fraud charges and send them away. 

It’s like we are targeted by con-men. This is not the 1st time this has happened and our naive owners are just fools. 

Future is bleak at the moment. 

This. The process was not we can be okay in 2017 but in 2018 we are going to completely stink. Then we will get better we think in 2019 and beyond. They are clueless on offense. On Defense its at least hit or miss. 

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Why does this need to be repeated time and time again? 

Its incredible. It's like people block it out of their minds because they don't want to believe it.

It's because its theory ly excuse they can come up with to justify the mess. "Well they were always going to suck cause they have so much dead cap space"

Well they created this mess, and they should not get the benefit of the doubt because of it. These guys dont have track records at their positions that you can look back on and say "well the last time they did this it worked out well". Everything so far is just believing with blind faith that these guys know what they are doing and their process will all work out.

Pro sports all about winning, if your not winning then your gonna get replaced

• Like (+1) 3

That "they inherited dead cap" is probably the biggest myth about McBeane.  As others have pointed out, they chose to have the dead cap because some of our players weren't "their guys."

They opted to build their own roster of character guys who, as it turns out, aren't all that talented on the offensive side of the ball.  They've also made some boneheaded mistakes in FA (KB, Boldin, Vontae Davis, Corey Coleman, trading AJ McCarron leaving us with no veterans at QB).  I'm also not ready to fire anyone, but if next year we don't see a step in the right direction it's certainly a consideration for how they've managed offense.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Losses don't really matter without Allen playing. At some point, I'm sure the players on the team realize that too. We are just moving towards higher draft position next year. I just wish they were more competitive in their loss. This is the rebuild year we all expected last year to be.

And almost no player is going to accept it and be happy that the team will get to draft high, they will tell the front office to deal them to a team whos goal is to win

Not being a SB contender or maybe missing the playoffs should have been expected, but never should it be accepted by anyone in an organization.

These guys preach culture and want football players who love the game and live and breath it. Those guys don't want to be a part of a franchise that would throw away seasons in order to draft in a better position and are happy looking to the future.

5 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

That’s his record without getting 2 turnovers? That’s just sad

It's actually worse than that.  He's won only one game in which he didn't have a favorable turnover ratio, that game was the Indy snow game last season and let's not forget, they nearly beat us.  

The other 8 wins last season, we had a favorable TO ratio in each one.  Of the 7 we lost, our TO ratio was positive in two of those games and even in three.  

We outplayed nearly no one, including most of the teams in our wins.  

It's a completely unsustainable model for winning games.  To date we're 11-12 under McBeane, but that's highly deceptive and masks the realities just as it did last season.  

IMO - the only real screwup by this FO is the second QB situation. In retrospect, in the offseason they probably should have overpaid for a quality vereran to play and mentor Allen. 

Other than thay, this was pretty much expected. Maybe not the Indy game but the rest of it and I’m fine with a crappy year as long as next year we see vast improvement, Allen looks legit, and the D is solid. 

• Like (+1) 1

As others have said, we are now in year 2.  This ..IS.. the team McDermott and Beane are building.  They didn't inherit a mess; they created it.   And I can not understand why anyone thinks they can magically make all the right moves and turn this team into a Superbowl contender with one off season, after what we've witnessed so far.

On 10/21/2018 at 6:19 PM, /dev/null said:

No One !

On 10/21/2018 at 9:00 PM, McNubbins said:

That "they inherited dead cap" is probably the biggest myth about McBeane.  As others have pointed out, they chose to have the dead cap because some of our players weren't "their guys."

They opted to build their own roster of character guys who, as it turns out, aren't all that talented on the offensive side of the ball.  They've also made some boneheaded mistakes in FA (KB, Boldin, Vontae Davis, Corey Coleman, trading AJ McCarron leaving us with no veterans at QB).  I'm also not ready to fire anyone, but if next year we don't see a step in the right direction it's certainly a consideration for how they've managed offense.

If we take a step back

McD did not draft a QB till he had the GM he wanted in place. painful i know. But it was smart actually.
Now Daboll is the brand new OC. and i think McD was looking at him last year to become Bills Family ( just my hunch though )
Next year he should let Daboll build the Offense.
 and that i think was the plan.
and why it moves so slowly.

does anyone think Brian does not want to punch Kelvin Benjamin in the knee right now ?
I bet he does. as does Anderson.

Early dating between Coach Daboll and what he inherited. and its looking like poo. he knows it and we know it. You cannot Coach poo.
you move on from poop as soon as you are able.

I expect a solid flushing this offseason.
 if they dilly dally with O when the season ends i might throw an old shoe at McBeanes.
not acceptable right now. and the mistakes are obvious at QB.

Glad we went for the Franchise QB ! but not the situation he was forced into

Go Bills

11 hours ago, Dan said:

As others have said, we are now in year 2.  This ..IS.. the team McDermott and Beane are building.  They didn't inherit a mess; they created it.   And I can not understand why anyone thinks they can magically make all the right moves and turn this team into a Superbowl contender with one off season, after what we've witnessed so far.

i might be surprised if anyone could have turned those Bills into a super bowler in two years after Rex.
 Magic can't fix two decades of ineptitude and poor choices

only hard work, patience and perseverance can