Tyrell Williams Anyone?

RPbillsfan

1 minute ago, RPbillsfan said:

He is a free agent next year.  Read the post completely please.

Just now, Maynard said:

I believe he’s a free agent after this year. I’d definitely pursue him!

If the LAC don't re-sign him before he hits the market, then yes.  I'm sure he'd be a hot commodity given the few good choices available. 

They do have Allen and Williams ahead of him.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If the LAC don't re-sign him before he hits the market, then yes.  I'm sure he'd be a hot commodity given the few good choices available. 

I’m not sure they pay him having Williams and Allen on the roster. Who knows though.

35 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

A couple of weeks ago I posted about how I thought that the Bills should pursue Charger WR Tyrell Williams in free agency next year.

Since my post he has caught 5 passes for 219 yards and three TD's.

Is anyone taking notice?

Guessing anyone who watches football has noticed

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

They won’t be paying him. They tried to trade him last year. 

...pretty reasonable money..........

Tyrell Williams signed a 1 year, $2,914,000 contract with the Los Angeles Chargers, including an average annual salary of $2,914,000. In 2018, Williams will earn a base salary of $2,914,000, while carrying a cap hit of $2,914,000.

24 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

I see Tyrell Williams as a possible 1, Bills would still need to draft a WR high and hope Zay continues to improve.  Maybe add a vet like Golden Tate also.

FWIW Tyrell Williams has been discussed as a potential WR acquisition here for over a year so perhaps tone down the LAMPing.?

He's not a diamond in the rough he had over 1,000 yards in 2016 and his targets were basically cut in half last year because the Chargers are deep at WR so he was an obvious trade target.    

Also Golden Tate wouldn't be just a "maybe add a vet" acquisition for this franchise:doh:.........that would be a massive move for an organization that every agent knows is where WR careers go to die.    On pace for one of his best seasons......a 3rd straight and would-be fifth in six 1,000+ yard season.    Plus he brings intangibles.   So you'd be paying market plus a big,  potentially complacency inducing premium and then hoping he doesn't fall off due to age.   Would probably be their highest profile move in FA since Mario.          

I am not sure he would sign here so maybe a trade. Also having Williams and K Allen helps to open things up. Will he look that good on the bills, without any other threats outside of maybe Zay? He would obviously be our #1...

Having River's throwing the rock helps also...

Edited by snamsnoops