Juan castillo

I can not under stand why this idiot still has a job.  This idiot is getting Josh Allen destroyed out there their,  the running game is no where to be found shady is literally has to go out there and make something out of nothing.  Josh is literally playing behind a Sheet of glass.  I don't want to here lack of talent,. Besides one new starter that group has been in Buffalo now for well over a year and everyone of them has played over 16 games as starters in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, boco357 said:

Crossman is worse in my opinion, he is not married to this regime.  He's been here for 3 regimes and their ST's are awful despite being given multiple spots on the roster.

Crossman's STs have performed above the league average over the four-year stretch prior to this season. Their average rank has been 12th. ( https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst2017 ).

He's not the problem. 

The fact we are a zero threat to throw the ball has more to do with our inability to run than the OL's run blocking ability.

As far as Pass Pro, our OL is pretty normal for the NFL with a Dallas being a good outlier and Texans a bad one.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

I can not under stand why this idiot still has a job.  This idiot is getting Josh Allen destroyed out there their,  the running game is no where to be found shady is literally has to go out there and make something out of nothing.  Josh is literally playing behind a Sheet of glass.  I don't want to here lack of talent,. Besides one new starter that group has been in Buffalo now for well over a year and everyone of them has played over 16 games as starters in the NFL.

You may not want to 'here' lack of talent, but that's often what it comes down to in professional sports.

Seeing we have the worst WR corp in the league, it is not surprising that we are having a tough time running. Also with 2 OL starters retiring in the offseason didn't help that much. Overall the last few weeks the OL has not looked terrible or even been our biggest concern. It's more about Josh's poor pocket awareness and inability to read a D & our terrible WRs

Buffalo has arguably the worst OL in the NFL on paper, and they've held their own the past few weeks. I wouldn't say he's doing a bad job. The fact that they are now starting to run the ball well is shocking as well considering how the defense is stacking the box while knowing Allen/Peterman won't throw deep (or when they do, it will be inaccurate). 

Fans fail to realize how much Tyrod helped the running game by always having the backside end or linebacker having to play him honest because of how good he was at taking off on a read option or a play action. Although Allen has had some nice gains this year on the ground, he's far from a running QB.

Idk.  The more games I see, the less worried I am about the OL.  Yes there is room for improvement and additional talent, but they do their job more than they don't.  

The receiver and quarterback play is really starting to worry me though.  And all of the damned pre-snap offensive penalties!  Wtf Daboll?

37 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

I get your frustration about the OL but the talent level of the OL is very poor.  Should coaching help them be better, yes.

Rush blocking is not very good.  I agree about Shady "trying to make something out of nothing".  Chris Ivory is averaging 2.5 yards per rush.

Most plays the RB is being hit at or behind the LOS.

Daboll has done a few things to help with the pass blocking.  JA is throwing away a lot of passes which has helped in the sack department.

There are just too many areas of the offense that are very bad and none are strong.

1.  With JA not able to get rid of the ball quickly it hurts the OL.

2.  The under talented WRs hurt JA and the OL along with the run game.

3.  If they try to establish the run game the D stacks the box and dares the to pass.

4.  The Bills offense leads the league in penalties.

5.  They can't even line up correctly!

6.  People want to see more screens, but that play relies heavily on a competent OL.

Everyone is looking for the 1 reason (silver bullet) to get the offense straightened out but there just isn't one.

The newest "whipping boy" is Daboll.  He may very well be proven to be a poor OC but when I look at what he has to work with

I cannot logically blame him as the #1 problem.

Posters are simultaneously demanding to change the play calling but so far it seems to me Daboll has tried different schemes all that

have failed.  The sad thing about all of this is that the O really isn't going to benefit much from this year at all.

Waiting for next year to see what is going to happen is tough to put up with, but I see no other result.

• Like (+1) 1

The Oline isn't great, but it's not as bad as Houstons was yesterday.    Allen will bail from a clean pocket more often than not and I've seen him run into a couple sacks.    Or run when he should step up into the pocket and the DE just grabs him and that's that.  

His pocket presence is not good right now.   But I think with the protection the Oline gave yesterday, we win that game with even a halfway competent QB.   

12 minutes ago, Capco said:

Idk.  The more games I see, the less worried I am about the OL.  Yes there is room for improvement and additional talent, but they do their job more than they don't.  

The receiver and quarterback play is really starting to worry me though.  And all of the damned pre-snap offensive penalties!  Wtf Daboll?

I really don't understand what Daboll is suppose to do about professional athletes who practice these plays constantly making mistakes.

1 hour ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

the only way you can beat 8 in the box is for Allen to make those quick reads and throws that force the d to not stack the box.

EVERYTHING is on the QB's shoulder to at least produce something, and the QB's cannot therefore opposing tams focus on stopping the run and challenge the Bills to beat you with the arm which we cannot because Our QB play has been very subpar

25 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

the only way you can beat 8 in the box is for Allen to make those quick reads and throws that force the d to not stack the box.

EVERYTHING is on the QB's shoulder to at least produce something, and the QB's cannot therefore opposing tams focus on stopping the run and challenge the Bills to beat you with the arm which we cannot because Our QB play has been very subpar

QB play has been subpar along with the rest of the offense.

It takes a team effort to be bad enough to have 3.7 yards per play.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

QB play has been subpar along with the rest of the offense.

It takes a team effort to be bad enough to have 3.7 yards per play.

Well, at least we’re all on the same page! 

• Haha (+1) 1