Fire Brandon Beane and McDermott

Klaista2k

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Shouldn't have been drafted.. whatever happened in the war room that day they must have been popping $20,000 Champaign celebrating the *draft steal of the century

*Worst pick of the century

It’s mind boggling. Fool me once, no wait, fool me again, no wait fool me again.

I bet he’s on the team til the end of the season cause gee, he’s such a nice guy.

1 minute ago, Bill_with_it said:

This is the most fire take ever. Very well thought out with a tremendous amount of substance that your basing it on.

NOT

SARCASM INTENDED 

We have the most pathetic offense is NFL history.

I guess that's not enough "substance" for you?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

First of all, I am sick of these posts every week where someone doesn't like something so they just say "FIRE.....(insert name(s))"   But, I end up looking at them and often times responding to them just because..its like driving by the car crash people can't stop looking at.

I'm not so upset at Beane, or McDermott, or Allen, or Peterman....none of them individually...but rather at the organization.  Why is it that for years, maybe going on a couple of DECADES, they can't just get one good QB?  Not even a hall of famer but a good one?  You would think by luck or simple chance they would stumble upon one.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...could we be seeing the effects of the azz backwards hiring hierachy at OBD?.....oddly, McDermott was hied first as HC........and Beane was next.......was it subject to McDermott's approval/selection?....plenty of comments how McDermott is an Andy disciple and idolizes him....does he also idolize the fact that ANdy is GM, HC AND Director of Personnel and expect the SAME power as a neophyte not even wet behind the HC ears yet?......I'm probably over the top here and not reading things right, but if McDermott DOES have that much power, we could see more of the same personnel wise on the horizon......with 10 picks in 2019 and $$$ in FA dollars, better get it straightened out ASAP........just a thought...

Oh my God if another Peterman personnell thing comes up in another draft then yes the recurring problem is fireable. If this is a pattern. Say what if they fall in love with a punter 7th round, celebrate it like it's the steal of the century while he proceeds to average a 10 yard punt for 3 years before they scratch their heads and say "maybe we can keep him as a backup? Dude's just got so much potential. He'll pull it together, plus he brings the donuts every Monday morning!"

1 minute ago, Klaista2k said:

We have the most pathetic offense is NFL history.

I guess that's not enough "substance" for you?

No we don’t hyperbole. Cmon we were in the game. Peterman made an ill advised throw to the same receiver he did earlier and waited to long to throw it and a veteran joseph realized the play and made him pay for it.

if you understood what you were watching you wouldnt post such strawman ridiculous posts with no substance.

16 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

This regime does so many things right but does the most stupid things any regime's ever done. 

It's like you have a genius sales manager that refuses to fire dingus over in client outreach losing every client he's ever met with.. and everybody knows it's killing your sales manager's career but he believes in Dingus!

Does that merit a firing? Probably not based on the good things they've done but step in Terry Pegula / CEO of weird genius sales manager stop letting them embarrass themselves.

Actually not a bad post

Mike RodakVerified account @mikerodak 4m4 minutes ago

Peterman: “At the end of day I know where my true identity lies: in Christ. ... Being a child of God, basically. Not finding my identity in football. Just trying to find it in who I really am. I love this game and put everything I have into this game, but can’t let it define me”

every week it seems. every season we get these threads. I have lived through many losing seasons. 2 win seasons, 7-9 seasons, many noncompetitive seasons that fell on the rebuild process of many regimes. when you can count on one hand, or less then one hand, how many succeeded, you've lived through some bad football.

today was one of those games even though the defense played their guts out, it was all for naught due to a putrid offense and a staff who was left with nate peterman to come in for the injured rookie.

this regime, who I've been willing to give time knowing this is just year two, yet I can honestly say that the nate peterman decision to keep him on the roster has me back on the fence.

today, a long with his past games (9 ints in 6 games?) was and should of been enough to cut him loose. matter of fact, they should be discussing it on the flight back to buffalo.

I'm hoping this is just what it's looking to be, a throw away season in the middle of a rebuild but one does have to question if they really know how to evaluate the key position on the team and as it is right now, they obviously don't with # 2 still in uniform?

12 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Let's get ourselves a QB going into week 1 that can make rudimentary throws!

I was baffled when the Bills traded AJ and started #2...

Who knows how it would have otherwise turned out, but I have a hard time believing it would have been this bad. Allen should not have been thrust into action so soon, nor did he have to be.

Why even trade for AJ in the first place? Security blanket? Sure! But to so quickly move on from him, after a decent (not great; out throws were horrid) preseason by Peterman was foolish. I thought it then, and it's more than being confirmed now.

McDermott is a great defensive coach. He doesn't seem to know a thing about offense. He's really bad with time management. He's lousy on challenges. He wastes timeouts for terrible reasons. He puts a huge, too huge emphasis on ST and his ST pretty much stink, his affection for certain players is mind-boggling. He doesn't make a lot of good in game adjustments outside of the aforementioned defense. I can't honestly trust the process with one great quality and numerous questionable ones. 

I dont think he should be fired of course. He needs next year at least. But he has a lot of coaching issues. Like his man Nathan Peterman, he does one thing really well, but we already knew that going in. That's how he got the job. 

30 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

First of all, I am sick of these posts every week where someone doesn't like something so they just say "FIRE.....(insert name(s))"   But, I end up looking at them and often times responding to them just because..its like driving by the car crash people can't stop looking at.

I'm not so upset at Beane, or McDermott, or Allen, or Peterman....none of them individually...but rather at the organization.  Why is it that for years, maybe going on a couple of DECADES, they can't just get one good QB?  Not even a hall of famer but a good one?  You would think by luck or simple chance they would stumble upon one.

This post, in a nutshell, is exactly why you see threads like this being created. 

Yes, there are issues with this team. Yes, the HC and GM deserve some criticism. BUT, to make such rash, drastic comments has probably as much to do with Bills fans' lack of patience and excessive heartbreak over the last 20 years (again, 20 years...a long FN time in football) as it does the current level of futility. 

20 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Mike RodakVerified account @mikerodak 4m4 minutes ago

Peterman: “At the end of day I know where my true identity lies: in Christ. ... Being a child of God, basically. Not finding my identity in football. Just trying to find it in who I really am. I love this game and put everything I have into this game, but can’t let it define me”

Interpretation: I know my NFL career is over...

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

McDermott is a great defensive coach. He doesn't seem to know a thing about offense. He's really bad with time management. He's lousy on challenges. He wastes timeouts for terrible reasons. He puts a huge, too huge emphasis on ST and his ST pretty much stink, his affection for certain players is mind-boggling. He doesn't make a lot of good in game adjustments outside of the aforementioned defense. I can't honestly trust the process with one great quality and numerous questionable ones. 

I dont think he should be fired of course. He needs next year at least. But he has a lot of coaching issues. Like his man Nathan Peterman, he does one thing really well, but we already knew that going in. That's how he got the job. 

Yeah, in-game decisions. For example, that decision to try to pull Houston off sides and using a TO was mind-blowing.

First, that ploy never works.  Second, burning a TO to save 5 yards on a punt, when the game is late and close, makes no sense.

You can be a fan of McDermott and realize he has shortcomings he has to address.  Hopeful he's learning and we'll see him take steps to fix the coaching issues.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Couldn't say how I feel about it any better. I'm going to copy and paste your post every post game McD evaluation thread