How Shaq Lawson Bought In and Renewed His Commitment

Bills defensive end Shaq Lawson had a speaking engagement at a high school on Tuesday and students were invited to ask him questions about topics other than last Sunday’s win over the Jaguars.

Lawson was ejected from that game for exchanging punches with Jaguars running back Leonard Fournetteand the chance to find out what was going through Lawson’s mind was too much for one questioner to resist.

“At the time, how the whole situation happened, I was defending myself because he came from the sideline,” Lawson said, via the Buffalo News. “So at that time, I was basically defending myself and my team, fighting for my brothers. Ain’t nobody going to let anybody in this world let a man throw a punch at you and you won’t react to it. I mean, on my part, I apologized for reacting that way. I mean, at the end of the day, people will understand where I’m coming from.”

Fournette also said he was sticking up for a teammate, but the fact that he came off the bench to do so led the league to suspend him for one game on Monday. Lawson was not suspend, but said he expects to both be fined and appeal that fine.

His new deal needs to reflex his career in Buffalo, not what he did in a one year.

If he wants the BIG DEAL then we need to see a dominate player

A competitive base salary high in incentives should to the trick.

I would save some money for Matt Milano & Tre White...

Edited by HOUSE

I would like to keep him.
 but he still has plenty to prove to himself and the NFL.
That being said

he seems like a perfect fit after all in Buffalo.and the kind of player i want to watch play ball on Sundays for Us

Go Shaq Lawson !

On 11/15/2018 at 9:37 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I want Lawson to turn into a good all around RE. For some reason I really want this guy to succeed. I feel like he has all the tools to be a good DE. 

With all the ties to Clemson I am 100% sure Lawson was Ragland were Rex Ryan picks.

Because you need those 1st round picks to pan out and not bust....this is how you biuld sustained success.

I am just glad that he is contributing.

On 11/27/2018 at 11:34 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bills defensive end Shaq Lawson had a speaking engagement at a high school on Tuesday and students were invited to ask him questions about topics other than last Sunday’s win over the Jaguars.

Lawson was ejected from that game for exchanging punches with Jaguars running back Leonard Fournetteand the chance to find out what was going through Lawson’s mind was too much for one questioner to resist.

“At the time, how the whole situation happened, I was defending myself because he came from the sideline,” Lawson said, via the Buffalo News. “So at that time, I was basically defending myself and my team, fighting for my brothers. Ain’t nobody going to let anybody in this world let a man throw a punch at you and you won’t react to it. I mean, on my part, I apologized for reacting that way. I mean, at the end of the day, people will understand where I’m coming from.”

Fournette also said he was sticking up for a teammate, but the fact that he came off the bench to do so led the league to suspend him for one game on Monday. Lawson was not suspend, but said he expects to both be fined and appeal that fine.

Fournette had been jawing with the fans well before all this happened.......enjoy your one week vacation sir

So long as the guy doesn’t turn into Bryan Cox I’m down with Mr. Lawson laying down the law. It’s all about playing tough & standing up for your teammates. As long as Shaq doesn’t incite things but plays with an edge I’m cool with him. 

On 11/16/2018 at 1:53 AM, BigDingus said:

Remember the thread before the season about him wanting to be a Pro Bowl caliber player & help take the team to the next level? Yeah, he got ridiculed & torn apart by people on here, mocking him for simply stating he wanted to better himself & work hard to do so.

Glad I wasn't one of them, and glad his efforts are paying off. 

Edit: Here's the thread, all 13 pages - 

Well to be fair, neither the Super Bowl nor the pro-bowl look too likely. He is an average LDE. Yay.