How Shaq Lawson Bought In and Renewed His Commitment

8 hours ago, vincec said:

Well to be fair, neither the Super Bowl nor the pro-bowl look too likely. He is an average LDE. Yay. 

That's not really being fair... What kind of fanbase bashes their players for simply WANTING to get better & help the team win? That's literally all he said, yet read the comments. It was rude, taunting, mocking, and insulting of a guy who just wanted to work hard & be an improved player, all of which he's done.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

That's not really being fair... What kind of fanbase bashes their players for simply WANTING to get better & help the team win? That's literally all he said, yet read the comments. It was rude, taunting, mocking, and insulting of a guy who just wanted to work hard & be an improved player, all of which he's done.

What he literally said was that he “wanted to make the Pro-Bowl, the playoffs and win the Super Bowl. Those are my goals for this year.” It seems like quite a stretch for him to be targeting the pro-bowl after his play last season but I admire his ambition. On the other hand, I can understand those who were very dubious of these as realistic goals and said so in their posts.

Edited by vincec

From Joe B's All-22 Review vs. MIA:

5) Shaq Lawson making his case to keep the starting job
- While we don't know exactly how much the injury is holding back defensive end Trent Murphy, the one thing we do know is that third-year player Shaq Lawson is having a great season -- and his best by a lot. While Murphy has played at a slightly above average level in his time on the field, Lawson has easily outperformed him and has been the superior player against the run. Both players could stand to get better in their pursuit of the quarterback, but each has had their moments through the season. Lawson has started the last two games as Murphy has been working back in slowly, but if Lawson continues the consistency he has exhibited, I would not be surprised in the slightest to see him be the full-time starter and Murphy as more of the rotational player -- flipping their defined roles coming into the season. After all, you have to go with the hot hand -- and that's been Lawson for most of the season. Furthermore, considering the draft status of Lawson from just a few years ago, the first-round pick is putting the Bills in a somewhat difficult position for the upcoming offseason. They have to decide if Lawson is worth the fifth-year option. While it would guarantee another two years with the defensive end, it would also bump up his salary considerably and take up much more cap space. The Bills have been pleasantly surprised by Lawson, but for a player that wasn't drafted by any part of this regime, is he a part of the long-term plan now? We'll get some clarity on that in a few months.

13 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Shaw is starting to look like Leodis McKelvin 2.0 honestly. A decent player who can play a role but is still a bust based on where he was drafted.

I couldn't disagree more on this...kid is our best run defender and is constantly around the ball.. bunch of QB hurries and tipped passes from him...he is a stud

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Shaw is starting to look like Leodis McKelvin 2.0 honestly. A decent player who can play a role but is still a bust based on where he was drafted.

If they make it past contract number 1 they are not a bust

if they do something positive for your team then it is a good pick

aaron maybin is a bust

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

I couldn't disagree more on this...kid is our best run defender and is constantly around the ball.. bunch of QB hurries and tipped passes from him...he is a stud

Agreed. PED Murphy is the worthless one on the DL and should be cut at the end of the season

It's not the Pro Bowl, but a nice acknowledgement of his excellent play nonetheless.

EDGE DEFENDER

Shaq LawsonBuffalo Bills – 89.5 overall grade
The Bills’ third-year pass-rusher delivered his highest graded performance of the season, registering two hits and two hurries from just 16 pass-rushing snaps. He also produced a solid performance against the run, as his lone solo tackle resulted in a defensive stop.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's not the Pro Bowl, but a nice acknowledgement of his excellent play nonetheless.

EDGE DEFENDER

Shaq LawsonBuffalo Bills – 89.5 overall grade
The Bills’ third-year pass-rusher delivered his highest graded performance of the season, registering two hits and two hurries from just 16 pass-rushing snaps. He also produced a solid performance against the run, as his lone solo tackle resulted in a defensive stop.

I think we saw why Tyrell Crosby fell so far in the draft..........Shaq man-handled him.........in fairness it was the kid's first start.

Shaq is a good rotational DE but that $10M option for 2020 is mighty steep for a guy who can't get to the QB.............they would be cap-wiser to not pick up the option and see if he develops and then decide what to do.....he could improve significantly and still not be worth $10M per.

He's a 2-4 sack kinda' guy right now.........Courtney Upshaw with a little more juice.......... and that step up to being worth 8 figures per is going to take HUGE improvement.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

4 sacks and a bunch of hurries in limited playing time due to injury is worthless? 

I will give you the strip sack on Cousins was a good play. After that I can't recall another great play. PEDs, injuries, and too much money. No thanks. Bad decision by Beane. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dadonkadonk said:

I will give you the strip sack on Cousins was a good play. After that I can't recall another great play. PEDs, injuries, and too much money. No thanks. Bad decision by Beane. 

Lol. He got an average, middle of the road contract. What’d you expect? A pro bowl caliber D end? 

The coaches like a constant rotation on the DL. You need competent guys to pull that off. He is playing well for what he is and is being asked to do.