Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

:lol:  Can you even name three without googling them?

Exactly. But that huge field made it exciting. When there was discussion that the Rs might go to the convention, and how “bad” that would look, I took the opposite view. If we get a televised and live-tweeted contested convention, the winner of that will get a massive boost in popularity because people will have actually enjoyed the primary. 

The current primary anointment ceremonies are a snooze. 

24 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trying to protect OUR country from another attack. Something the other party seems to welcome 

Can you name any of the specific stated foreign policy philosophies that any of the dem candidates have espoused?

22 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Can you name any of the specific stated foreign policy philosophies that any of the dem candidates have espoused?

I can!

‘Give other countries free stuff and refunds to pay for the imperialist tendencies of the evil Americans.’ 

How’d I do? Put me in coach!

55 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Sure, all of them have said that we need to take foreign attacks on our elections seriously and to not encourage them. 

33 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I can!

‘Give other countries free stuff and refunds to pay for the imperialist tendencies of the evil Americans.’ 

How’d I do? Put me in coach!

Who said that? 

Actually, I wonder what bone fides any of the dem candidates have as it pertains to foreign policy? Excluding O'Biden, who has had a perfect failure rate when it comes to dealing with other countries I don't know who does. Threehouse Sanders did honeymoon in Russia and Liawatha did have to apologize to the Cherokee Nation so there's that, but it seems to be the extent of their experience.   

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Sure, all of them have said that we need to take foreign attacks on our elections seriously and to not encourage them. 

That must be the post-Obama position of the party.  Glad to hear the Dems are evolving. 

25 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Joe, please maintain that position.  Be consistent and don't move off of that. 

Edited by keepthefaith

8 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

That must be the post-Obama position of the party.  Glad to hear the Dems are evolving. 

Joe, please maintain that position.  Be consistent and don't move off of that. 

"Read my lips".

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

"Read my lips".

But that was "no new taxes."  Not "no old tax cuts."  

I like how, in 30 years, we've gone from "increasing taxes" to "repealing tax cuts" though.  That's clever.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Well, it's clear that Ms. Quinn is correct, at least in terms whomever spawned her.

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Migrants are are human beings, you know? 

Who said they weren't?

Be specific and provide the entirety of any quotes.

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Well, it's clear that Ms. Quinn is correct, at least in terms whomever spawned her.

Who said they weren't?

Be specific and provide the entirety of any quotes.

Actions speak louder than words and the right wing attempt to drive away poor, scared and threatened migrants is not showing them humanity, it's treating them like sub humans 

42 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Actions speak louder than words and the right wing attempt to drive away poor, scared and threatened migrants is not showing them humanity, it's treating them like sub humans 

tenor.gif