Hot Button Topic - Will The Bills Bench Josh Allen For Derek Anderson?

Will The Bills Bench Josh Allen For Derek Anderson?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills Bench Josh Allen for Derek Anderson

• Yes
    • No

9 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

The Bills have screwed this up so badly thus far that I fully expect Anderson to start as soon as he is up to speed on the playbook. 

You’d think it is obvious that the team is not a contender and it’s best at this point to develop your young QB the best way possible, with reps, but I really think the Bills are hoping they can win 9 games.

Then you would be wrong

Total lamp

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If you've ever watched Derek Anderson play you wouldn't be asking this question.

Haha especially against us.  Yikes.  Although the guy did have a 10 win season with the Brownies.

Look, every single rookie qb needs a savvy vet to help them along the way.  We don't have one, and we're one Josh injury away from having Peterboy step in, so that's two reasons we need another qb on this roster immediately.    There is zero chance they would sit Josh, especially after last game when he had no sacks and a game winning drive at the end.   

I'm amazed that one in 7 people actually think Anderson would come in and play over Josh.   What are you people smoking?

• Like (+1) 1

It's not the end of the world if it happens.  Mahomes, who was thought to be "raw" coming out sat for a year, and is now tearing it up.   There is something to be said for having a "raw-ish" QB learn by watching and talking to the vet who is on the field.  

It would also demonstrate how bad the WR's are, or aren't.  

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

It's not the end of the world if it happens.  Mahomes, who was thought to be "raw" coming out sat for a year, and is now tearing it up.   There is something to be said for having a "raw-ish" QB learn by watching and talking to the vet who is on the field.  

It would also demonstrate how bad the WR's are, or aren't.  

They didn’t start Mahomes - then benched him.

As soon as the Bills bench Allen, he’s done in Buffalo.

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

They didn’t start Mahomes - then benched him.

As soon as the Bills bench Allen, he’s done in Buffalo.

This is a totally conclusion statement, with zero evidence.  I think the plan was for McCarron to be the vet, until he stunk.   Benching him does not mean he's done in Buffalo.    

6 minutes ago, GreatComeback said:

There is nothing in those 4 conclusions that point to Anderson imo. 1 is a guess and a very weird one at that, 2 is just crazy considering 2-3 is about as good as they could have hoped for at this point, 3 is pointless because if they were really worried about improving in passing statistics there are about a million better options for doing that than hiring Derek Anderson, and 4 is wrong because what's really in the best interest of this team is for Allen to improve and he's not going to do that on the bench. 

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

Yes it absolutely does.

explain

Just now, bobm said:

Don't really think they'll bench a healthy Allen over Peterson or Anderson.  But, it seems to me, that Allen has regressed some since his first start when he looked more accurate.

I agree.  I think it depends on whether the coaches see progression or regression.  If regression, they bench him so he can learn by watching.  If progression, no need to pull him.  

This was driving me nuts yesterday. Like why were they pretending Mort didnt tweet a second time to clarify. I assume its bc then they dont have as much to talk about but talk about making a mountain from a mole hill...

6 minutes ago, bobm said:

Don't really think they'll bench a healthy Allen over Peterson or Anderson.  But, it seems to me, that Allen has regressed some since his first start when he looked more accurate.

Did we trade for AP? That MUST mean we are trading shady then!!! Smart move Bills, smart..

21 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

No, it could end up a EJ Manuel situation all over again. 

You mean the situation where the QB we drafted wasn't very good?

McDermott is here to win games. While unlikely, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he trots DA out there if the offense continues to play like garbage.

33 minutes ago, GreatComeback said:

Lots o debate and discussion on WGR this morning over the Derek Anderson signing.  Both Sal and Jeremy speculated what it means for Josh Allen and reference Morts “ possible playing time” tweet.

Jeremy thinks there’s a good chance of happening.  He feels that if the Bills coaching staff sees Allen leaving plays on the field, while the defense plays well, they won’t hesitate to pull him under the mantra “win now, win in the future.”

Sal says he can see it happening and cites the decision to sit Tyrod last year, that McDermott is willing to make that decision.  He says as long as Allen shows improvement, it’s a non-issue.  But if there’s some more games like GB and TEN, then it could happen.

Both are hoping it doesn’t come to Anderson replacing Allen, but if the Bills don’t get better QB it very well could happen.

What say you?  Do you think the Bills will actually bench Allen?  I don’t think it happens but who knows?

I don´t know about their FO as much as Sal seems to know...but the ¨win now...¨and DA  don´t belong in the same phrase IMHO...when was the last time Derek won more than 2 games in a row? please cite specific examples were he did it with a patched line...  he is coming more as QB/coach package for Allen the kid, because the team doesn't have an experienced QB coach now,