The Bills Offense - 31st - 32nd - 32nd

Socal-805

The Bills have again found the bottom of the NFL on offense:

o  32nd in the league points / game.

o  31nd in the league yards / game.

o  32nd in the league passing yards / game.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=SCORING&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG&tabSeq=2&season=2018&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=false

I really think these guys are not the ones to put together a NFL roster and the "process" is showing major cracks already.

McD is a decent coach I think. they just aren't getting the talent on the roster, and I am starting to also think Josh Allen was who we thought he was:  I large college QB with completion issues.

Maybe draft another guy 2nd round next year REGARDLESS> IMO.

805 is the Central Coast. Not SoCal. Just saying.

I have to give them a pass right now with the defense playing so well. But with that said, this is a QB driven league. And I'd have no problem moving on after this season if Pegula feels like they won't be able to develop Allen. Problem is, I see zero chance of that happening. And Beane and McDermott seem to be connected at the hip. They either both stay or both go. I don't think either goes. My gut feeling is these guys have no idea how to put together an offense, how to develop a QB or how to even recognize a good one (see Peterman and questionable drafting of Allen). With that being the case, McDermott has gotten a lot out of this defense without any offensive support at all for two straight years now. Hopefully they have already had their bad games with weeks 1 and 2 and we won't go through a similar mid-season meltdown like we saw last year against the Jets, Saints and Chargers.  People have mentioned before following the blue print of the Bears. Let's hope so. I'd like to see this defense finish the season as a top 10 unit and then add a dominant pass rusher in the draft. Maybe not Bosa now though since we already have two wins under our belt and it's not even Halloween yet.

Who does Allen have to throw to?  This WR group is beyond bad.  Its too early to say Allen isn't going to be a starting caliber QB, especially with the lack of talent around him.

The beef I have with McBeane is the O-line and WR group was not addressed.  

Edited by Azucho98

9 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=SCORING&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG&tabSeq=2&season=2018&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=false

I really think these guys are not the ones to put together a NFL roster and the "process" is showing major cracks already.

McD is a decent coach I think. they just aren't getting the talent on the roster, and I am starting to also think Josh Allen was who we thought he was:  I large college QB with completion issues.

oh no, when I suggested a 2nd or 3rd round QB, people went NUTS.    If JA improves, likely no need for that.  If JA does not improve, get a 3rd rounder, and draft OL and WR with the first 2 picks.  

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I have to give them a pass right now with the defense playing so well. But with that said, this is a QB driven league. And I'd have no problem moving on after this season if Pegula feels like they won't be able to develop Allen. Problem is, I see zero chance of that happening. And Beane and McDermott seem to be connected at the hip. They either both stay or both go. I don't think either goes. My gut feeling is these guys have no idea how to put together an offense, how to develop a QB or how to even recognize a good one (see Peterman and questionable drafting of Allen). With that being the case, McDermott has gotten a lot out of this defense without any offensive support at all for two straight years now. Hopefully they have already had their bad games with weeks 1 and 2 and we won't go through a similar mid-season meltdown like we saw last year against the Jets, Saints and Chargers.  People have mentioned before following the blue print of the Bears. Let's hope so. I'd like to see this defense finish the season as a top 10 unit and then add a dominant pass rusher in the draft. Maybe not Bosa now though since we already have two wins under our belt and it's not even Halloween yet.

yeah, where you at?

I go back and forth from the 805 - Channel Islands beach and the South O.C. - Dana Point.   

Probably right... 

17 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

1. It takes time to undo the salary cap destruction and super idiot drafting whaley performed.

2. Rookie qb with a quarter of a season in.

3. Brand new offensive coordinator trying to see what the team does best. 

4. 2nd year hc still learning the ropes. 

5. An injured Mccoy helps noone.

6. R-E-L-A-X

8 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

oh no, when I suggested a 2nd or 3rd round QB, people went NUTS.    If JA improves, likely no need for that.  If JA does not improve, get a 3rd rounder, and draft OL and WR with the first 2 picks.  

I'd rather use the 2nd and 3rd round picks on WR or QB help. Stats do not tell the full story and can be misleading, take for example the Holmes interception yesterday.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If the owner doesn't feel they can develop him.  The owner.  The guy who knows the most about football vs. the coaches and front office.

This site gets funnier by the day.  They win a game yesterday but you come on here and you'd swear they got blown out.

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

If the owner doesn't feel they can develop him.  The owner.  The guy who knows the most about football vs. the coaches and front office.

This site gets funnier by the day.  They win a game yesterday but you come on here and you'd swear they got blown out.

Well, I mean, we did get blown out, kind of, except for the fact that we scored more points than the other team when the whistle blew.

It was a moral loss ?

Note for the humor impaired: -> sarcasm

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

What do you not get old man? That's exactly why i said " i see zero chance of that happening". Pegula knows less than McDermott and Beane. And with Beane and McDermott connected at the him neither is going to fire the other or request for one to be fired. Pegula will not dismiss either until after the 2019 season at the earliest. 

Also, I think you missed where I said I am willing to give McDermott and Beane a pass for now because the defense is playing so well. If this defensive unit can finish the season as a top 10 unit the 2019 Bills could very well be the 2018 Bears. 

Sorry if I am still extremely worried about the offense long term but I don't think that is irrational fear or out of line in anyway.

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

What do you not get old man? That's exactly why i said " i see zero chance of that happening". Pegula knows less than McDermott and Beane. And with Beane and McDermott connected at the him neither is going to fire the other or request for one to be fired. Pegula will not dismiss either until after the 2019 season at the earliest. 

Also, I think you missed where I said I am willing to give McDermott and Beane a pass for now because the defense is playing so well. If this defensive unit can finish the season as a top 10 unit the 2019 Bills could very well be the 2018 Bears. 

Sorry if I am still extremely worried about the offense long term but I don't think that is irrational fear or out of line in anyway.

Got you.  I see where you're coming from.  I am not as worried about the offense going forth.  They have 10 draft picks and a lot of cap space.   I expect heavy emphasis on that side of the ball coming up.

This can't possibly come as a shock to anyone given the state of the offense with a new system, a raw rookie QB, and substandard OL and WR in the starting lineup. Struggles were to be expected. We can only hope for improvements next year from a personnel perspective in both UFA and the draft.