Sal Carpaccio’s Plan To Fix Offense in 2019

On 10/4/2018 at 6:51 AM, Klaista2k said:

Don't trust this regime to fix anything.

Maybe you should.

They appear to have fixed ILB, CB, S, a decent DL and maybe even QB.

Not that they're perfect but they've been pretty decent with obvious salary cap impediments. Too early to say we shouldn't trust them.

5 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Stat of the day.  Sammy Watkins has a paper thin lead of 32 yards receiving on Zay Jones for the year.

Yikes.

Edited by Thurman#1

10 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Stat of the day.  Sammy Watkins has a paper thin lead of 32 yards receiving on Zay Jones for the year.

Of course he's also played 1 less game (which, given the fact that he got hurt again, is obviously another thing that detracts from Sammy's value).

He's played very well this year though, whereas Zay has pretty much sucked.

Here’s all you have to know. From 2010 up until 2016 there’s not a single high round draft pick still on the Bills roster. That’s a recipe for team (and salary cap) disaster!  You have to get some production out of guys on their rookie contract!  Watkins? Zay Jones? Whatever!

1. D.K. Metcalf-WR Ole Miss 6'4 230

2. Bobby Evans-LT Oklahoma 6'5 310

3. Darrell Henderson-RB Memphis 5'9 200

4. Diontae Johnson-WR Toledo 5'11 186

Free Agency:

De'Anthony Thomas-WR Chiefs

Maxx Williams-TE Ravens

Mitch Morse-C Chiefs

Daryl Williams-RT Panthers

That's how I fix the offense in one offseason. Invest in your young QB like the Bears did with Trubisky and let him sink or swim. In offseason I've effectively revamped our OL and improved our skill position talent considerably. 

Edited by FeelingOnYouboty
  • Like (+1) 1

We need a #1 WR, a #2 WR, a C, 2 G, RT, and CB.  That is basically 7 new starters, and 6 on offense.  Not happening in one year(not unless we get top 3 pick, a QB or two shoot up boards, and some desperate team overpays 

1 hour ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Need to sign a good vet center or guard. Ramon Foster, Mitch Morse, Matt Paradise, AJ Cann or Ali Marpet would be a great start. Two would be awesome. Then go wr in the first and then center/guard in the second 

Why pigeon hole us into selecting a specific position in a specific round?  Just take the best players at each selection regardless of position.

If only there was an audible "Easy" button for Sal to use during his segments. I can see his next appearance going like this:

Jeremy: Sal, what should the Bills do on offense this off-season?

Sal: I would improve the OL and draft the best WR available.  There, that was easy!

Jeremy: Whoa Sal, how are they going to do this? There aren't many top WRs available through trade, free agency, or ready to step in as a rookie. 

Sal: They have lots of cap money this off-season and draft picks that's how. 

Jeremy: Sal, why do we feature you?

Sal: Because I do ads for Country Sweet sauce. 

On 10/5/2018 at 8:35 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Here’s all you have to know. From 2010 up until 2016 there’s not a single high round draft pick still on the Bills roster. That’s a recipe for team (and salary cap) disaster!  You have to get some production out of guys on their rookie contract!  Watkins? Zay Jones? Whatever!

True but that’s partially an indictment on poor drafting as well.  You can put a lot of that blame on Buddy Nix and Doug Whaley for very poor drafts.