Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Wow... I just don’t see it. Mahomes has skills Allen can even scratch the surface of, and I don’t think those are courtesy of Andy Reid. The Bills offense would be better with Mahomes, but hardly the juggernaut the Chiefs have at the moment. The Chiefs with Allen? I think they might be decent but not a juggernaut by any stretch . Maybe not even what they were with Smith. There’s a huge difference imo. 

I used to be more in line with the poster you quoted, the more I watch him, the more I agree with you. He's making adjustments at the line, can't tell you what they are, but they're working.

I don't see any of that out of Allen, nor much that leads me to believe he can.

1 hour ago, George C said:

Tonight’s performance really shows the lack of Qb evaluation talent here in Buffalo....while Peterman still has a locker at OBD. 

I love how its all the bills suckatude

It does not matter that

- He didnt play his first year

- He has offensive players that would pretty much start all the way across the board then ours on offense

- That we did in fact get a shut down corner out of the trade down and the 1st round pick...its not like we traded down and drafted a bust

How yet that several other teams must have ALSO got their 1st round picks wrong in that draft (I wonder if they feel that way)

But you know its the punch bowl piss fans woe is me

8 minutes ago, DJB said:

Honestly this is more about Andy Reid a competent play caller than it is about Mahomes. If you flip flopped Allen and Mahomes my guess is there would be similar results. 

While coaching is a big deal...there is zero evidence of this. I'm not sure you've seen either Mahomes or Allen play much if you really think that. Mahomes makes some incredible throws from even the toughest angles. I'm really not even saying that so much as a knock on Allen rather than I think you're downplaying just how good Mahomes has been. 

I understand that KC has a lot of weapons...but Mahomes is legit. He pretty much has everything you'd want from a QB.  

• Like (+1) 1

If you still believe Mahomes is simply a "product of the system," and that he and Allen are interchangeable, you have willfully abandoned all reason and are clinging to an idea that you probably don't even fully believe yourself.

WE SCREWED UP! GET OVER IT!

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I used to be more in line with the poster you quoted, the more I watch him, the more I agree with you. He's making adjustments at the line, can't tell you what they are, but they're working.

I don't see any of that out of Allen, nor much that leads me to believe he can.

He is a ROOKIE.......

Jesus

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

If you still believe Mahomes is simply a "product of the system," and that he and Allen are interchangeable, you have willfully abandoned all reason and are clinging to an idea that you probably don't even fully believe yourself.

WE SCREWED UP! GET OVER IT!

In your opinion.......

7 minutes ago, DJB said:

Scheme is huge just ask Goff who looked awful and then McVay comes in. 

Mahomes also has a year of development over Allen

You can preach this till the cows come home......ppl will overlook it because Mahommes looks better then Allen right now

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I love how its all the bills suckatude

It does not matter that

- He didnt play his first year

- He has offensive players that would pretty much start all the way across the board then ours on offense

- That we did in fact get a shut down corner out of the trade down and the 1st round pick...its not like we traded down and drafted a bust

How yet that several other teams must have ALSO got their 1st round picks wrong in that draft (I wonder if they feel that way)

But you know its the punch bowl piss fans woe is me

Several of the teams that passed him up have a QB. Some have been to the playoffs or even a Super Bowl. They can probably live with their decision. We are Bills fans and only care about what the Bills did with their draft. They haven’t had a good NFL caliber QB in twenty years. So yes, it stings just a bit when the ineptitude of the organization permeates every move and clouds their future. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Several of the teams that passed him up have a QB. Some have been to the playoffs or even a Super Bowl. They can probably live with their decision. We are Bills fans and only care about what the Bills did with their draft. They haven’t had a good NFL caliber QB in twenty years. So yes, it stings just a bit when the ineptitude of the organization permeates every move and clouds their future. 

They were playing out the last days of the old GM while searching for their new GM. Did you want the last GM to pick the quarterback moving forward When he was going to be fired soon after? 

Maybe it was just bad timing.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

How many Mahommes haters do you think are actually here?

Get OVER YOURSELF

This I can agree with. Making a proclamation on a message board about a draft prospect earns you nothing . It’s the equivalent of a fantasy team pick or picking the lottery numbers. If this guy had any clairvoyant powers, he’d either be a powerball millionaire or pulling in huge $$$ from an NFL team. He really needs to give it a rest. 

1 minute ago, SDS said:

They were playing out the last days of the old GM while searching for their new GM. Did you want the last GM to pick the quarterback moving forward When he was going to be fired soon after? 

Luck is where opportunity meets preparation. Should have hired a new GM first and let him pick the Coach. That’s the usual order of operations in the NFL. Bad timing because they made it so. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Like I said......its the bills so the sky is falling....and there were several teams that actually did need QBs that also passed on him.

I have no problem believing that despite the fact that he was brought along the right way and fell into a perfect situation.....I also think he would look flat aweful in our situation (starting Allen too early....no protection...no running game...no receivers......Deboll looks like a flop)

Anyone who thinks Mahommes would have come here, started immediately, and played with our offense would actually look good....they are fooling themselves.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

This is how I have felt about the situation. 

Edited by Lfod

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

This I can agree with. Making a proclamation on a message board about a draft prospect earns you nothing . It’s the equivalent of a fantasy team pick or picking the lottery numbers. If this guy had any clairvoyant powers, he’d either be a powerball millionaire or pulling in huge $$$ from an NFL team. He really needs to give it a rest. 

Luck is where opportunity meets preparation. Should have hired a new GM first and let him pick the Coach. That’s the usual order of operations in the NFL. Bad timing because they made it so. 

You might be right as far as the order of hiring.....but that train has left the station.

Too much complaining about what has been done in the past instead of looking to what might be done for the future......

THis season is lost....but we probably will have a top 5 pick and 10 picks in that draft (so far) and 90 million in cap space.......we have punted for this season.....I look to next season.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Like I said......its the bills so the sky is falling....and there were several teams that actually did need QBs that also passed on him.

I have no problem believing that despite the fact that he was brought along the right way and fell into a perfect situation.....I also think he would look flat aweful in our situation (starting Allen too early....no protection...no running game...no receivers......Deboll looks like a flop)

Anyone who thinks Mahommes would have come here, started immediately, and played with our offense would actually look good....they are fooling themselves.

I’m not sure many think that could have happened, but it’s pretty clear who the more talented prospect is. It’s also the entire picture of the mishandling of Allen though many pundits doubt he can be good. Taking a QB with a vet in place would seem the smarter move. They could have done this. Hiring a good QB coach and a top OC would give him a chance etc. they pretty much bungled the entire process, besides probably drafting the wrong player. It’s cumulative failure, not just a draft whiff. 

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The point is the trade itself. My view is that Andy Reid saw that he could roll a former novice of his who he knew was conservative, defense minded, and not a little naive (a corner? Really?). It was essentially like taking candy from a baby. The fact that it was  Reid (a guy who has ALWAYS been right about quarterbacks) of all people who really wanted Mahomes should have told McDermott everything he needed to know.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SDS said:

Agreed. Look, if I'm Whaley, and I'm thinking I have a chance to keep my job, I'm not drafting a QB at 10 either. Instead, I'm thinking "what starter-ready players are out there who fill an immediate need and can help this team make the playoffs this season so they'll re-up me."  That's why I never understood the concept of keeping the GM and his staff around through the draft; it creates mixed incentives.

Having said that, I never believed for a second that Whaley and his crew "ran the draft." No doubt his scouts' reports were taken into account, but the selections (and the key trade) smell of 100% McDermott (and Beane, even though he wasn't officially in the job yet).

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Agreed. Look, if I'm Whaley, and I'm thinking I have a chance to keep my job, I'm not drafting a QB at 10 either. Instead, I'm thinking "what starter-ready players are out there who fill an immediate need and can help this team make the playoffs this season so they'll re-up me."  That's why I never understood the concept of keeping the GM and his staff around through the draft; it creates mixed incentives.

Having said that, I never believed for a second that Whaley and his crew "ran the draft." No doubt his scouts' reports were taken into account, but the selections (and the key trade) smell of 100% McDermott (and Beane, even though he wasn't officially in the job yet).

Whaley didn't make that pick.