Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

21 minutes ago, Talkin Proud said:

In all fairness, I remember hearing rumors that Whaley was set to take Mahommes. McDarnit overruled him on the decision and Pegulas we're all in on the process.

How that for a kick in the pants.

Your memory appears to be 180-degrees opposite of what was reported:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2707036-doug-whaley-passing-on-patrick-mahomes-rumored-to-be-final-straw-before-firing

According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, the final straw for former Buffalo Bills general manager Doug Whaley came during the first round of the NFL draft on Thursday, when he traded the No. 10 selection to the Kansas City Chiefs rather than draft quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

According to that report, owner Terry Pegula "loved" Mahomes and "stumped hard" for him.

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2707036-doug-whaley-passing-on-patrick-mahomes-rumored-to-be-final-straw-before-firing

According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, the final straw for former Buffalo Bills general manager Doug Whaley came during the first round of the NFL draft on Thursday, when he traded the No. 10 selection to the Kansas City Chiefs rather than draft quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

According to that report, owner Terry Pegula "loved" Mahomes and "stumped hard" for him.

But everyone here says McD was completely in charge of the picks and trades for that draft? So Whaley WAS in charge now?

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

But everyone here says McD was completely in charge of the picks and trades for that draft? So Whaley WAS in charge now?

My understanding (and take this however you like) is that Whaley ran that draft.

FWIW, Leroi was adamant that that was the case as well.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Talkin Proud said:

In all fairness, I remember hearing rumors that Whaley was set to take Mahommes. McDarnit overruled him on the decision and Pegulas we're all in on the process.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/273678/a-year-later-the-chiefs-would-do-it-all-again-with-patrick-mahomes-ii

“I’d been working about five or six different deals. I started this one probably about five days [before the draft], and then [Buffalo general manager] Doug Whaley and I just talked through the whole thing, and then we talked every day. We talked before the draft and, ‘Do you still agree?’ and he says, ‘Yes, I still agree.’ So, we had come to a gentleman’s agreement, but you can never underestimate when you go through that draft. Somebody can pull the rug out from under you, and all of a sudden you’re left holding nothing.”

30 minutes ago, Talkin Proud said:

If that is indeed true McDermott should be relieved of his duties immediately.

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

My understanding (and take this however you like) is that Whaley ran that draft.

FWIW, Leroi was adamant that that was the case as well.

I just don't understand how Pegs could let Whaley handle the draft & then fire him the next day.  Does that make any sense to you?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

And then all of this made Terry very tired and he fell asleep....

@#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! @#k! 

This is a joke. It’s like some cruel game some football god is playing on Buffalo. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This makes little sense.

So Terry loved Mahomes but let Whaley trade down instead of take him and then said alright your fired for doing that? 

Why wouldnt he just say, "Doug, take Mahomes".

I don't buy it.

4 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I just don't understand how Pegs could let Whaley handle the draft & then fire him the next day.  Does that make any sense to you?

Actually, in light of how well the Pegulas have managed their franchises, does this really surprise you?

Terry might give his input on player matters, but--for better or worse--he lets his people make the call.

55 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Why should we let it go.  It was a huge mistake from a franchise that has made huge mistake after huge mistake over the past 20 years.  

Why because he disagreed with SDS?  That was a well thought out post.  

No because he has and is crusading which is a violation of TOS the fact that he is spitting in the face of the owner of the board is just the cherry on the top

14 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Well, seems my statement was way off base, so thank you for making the situation  clear. Although it's crazy to think that McDermott didn't have the ultimate say, I find it hard to believe that a GM with one foot out the door and the other foot on a banana peel was left to make the ultimate decision. 

Just now, John from Riverside said:

No because he has and is crusading which is a violation of TOS the fact that he is spitting in the face of the owner of the board is just the cherry on the top

How is he spitting on the face of the owner of the board?  All he did was disagree with him.  That is not allowed?

Just now, Talkin Proud said:

Well, seems my statement was way off base, so thank you for making the situation  clear. Although it's crazy to think that McDermott didn't have the ultimate say, I find it hard to believe that a GM with one foot out the door and the other foot on a banana peel was left to make the ultimate decision. 

No worries--memories have a way of betraying us :lol: :beer:

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Actually, in light of how well the Pegulas have managed their franchises, does this really surprise you?

Terry might give his input on player matters, but--for better or worse--he lets his people make the call.

Sadly enough, this really doesn't surprise me.  It is par for the course.  

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This makes little sense.

So Terry loved Mahomes but let Whaley trade down instead of take him and then said alright your fired for doing that? 

Why wouldnt he just say, "Doug, take Mahomes".

I don't buy it.

Right. Theyre either covering for pegs or mcderm. Its a bad look no matter what. Mahomes is going toe to toe with brady and dominating the league. Were stuck finding bargain basement QBs again.