Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

8 hours ago, SDS said:

Who believed, at any point, that Mahomes would be producing like Majomes right now?

Watch this highlights from college. Sure it was spread offense but he produced. Josh Allen could throw the ball really far when coverage broke down

4 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Watch this highlights from college. Sure it was spread offense but he produced. Josh Allen could throw the ball really far when coverage broke down

Feel free to answer the question.

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

I'm not so sure

I was referring to both positions. 

I don't think Mahomes would be trash in Buffalo, nor do I think Allen would be torching teams in KC, but of course, no way to to prove either. 

I'd bet on talent. Mahomes is mastering chess out there. I'd really be intrigued to see of any QB who played elite ball so early in the league suddenly falling into mediocrity. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

Just now, TheElectricCompany said:

I was referring to both positions. 

I don't think Mahomes would be trash in Buffalo, nor do I think Allen would be torching teams in KC, but of course, no way to to prove either. 

I'd bet on talent. Mahomes is mastering chess out there, and Allen is learning checkers. The gap isn't getting closer with Allen on the pine. 

talent =/= experience

i think the difference in experience is one of the key factors in the difference.

Just now, joesixpack said:

talent =/= experience

i think the difference in experience is one of the key factors in the difference.

That, and being surrounded by the best supporting cast of pass catchers in the NFL (or perhaps 2nd-best if you favor the Rams' group) versus the worst.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ALF said:

I give Jeffmajic  a lot of credit for wanting to draft Mahomes.  With the Bill's offense and coaching he would likely get injured and ruined here. Losing Richie and Wood was a game changer for the OL.

You forgetting me Billsareback at the time. So me and Jeff we’re the most vocal about drafting Mahomes 

Edited by 17 Josh Allen
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SDS said:

Who believed, at any point, that Mahomes would be producing like Majomes right now?

Me I was posting as billsareback back then and Jeffsmagic we both predicted farve like play and said he was a generational QB. Right after KC made the trade. Their GM came out and said he was a once and a generation QB. Me and Jeff both said he would lead the chiefs to the Super bowl several times over the course of his career. We were both mocked and laughed at and ridiculed. Jeff quit the stadium wall over the abuse he took from so called fellow posters. So yes there were a few others that believed what we did about Mahomes. 

Edited by 17 Josh Allen

3 minutes ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

Me I was posting as billsareback back then and Jeffsmagic we both predicted farve like play and said he was a generational QB. Right after KC made the trade. There GM came out and said he was a once and a generation QB. Me and Jeff both said he would lead the chiefs to the Super bowl several times over the course of his career. We both mocked and laughed at and ridiculed. Jeff quit the stadium wall over the abuse he took from so called fellow posters. So yes there were a few others that believed what we did about Mahomes. 

You were laughed at and ridiculed because (a) you came along months after many folks were already onto Mahomes, and (b) the tone of your posts was mock-worthy.

Again, all you did was jump on the bandwagon an incredibly long time after other folks did the legwork and laid out the case for Mahomes, which several of us have posted publicly about, and you never bother to acknowledge or even deny.

Edited by thebandit27

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

You were laughed at and ridiculed because (a) you came along months after many folks were already onto Mahomes, and (b) the tone of your posts was mock-worthy.

Again, all you did was jump on the bandwagon an incredibly long time after other folks did the legwork and laid out the case for Mahomes, which several of us have posted publicly about, and you never bother to acknowledge or even deny.

Your full of crap I started 2 mahomes threads on why we should draft him. Keep dreaming. I made my case before the draft so keep dreaming I jumped on after he was drafted 

Edited by 17 Josh Allen

4 minutes ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

Your full of crap I started 2 mahomes threads on why we should draft him. Keep dreaming. I made my case before the draft so keep dreaming I jumped on after he was drafted 

You came along after @Blokestradamus and I had posted about Mahomes for over 10 months.

Evidence:

Nice of you to come along 9 whole months later and claim to be The Mahomes Guy though :lol:

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

You came along after @Blokestradamus and I had posted about Mahomes for over 10 months.

Evidence:

Nice of you to come along 9 whole months later and claim to be The Mahomes Guy though :lol:

ok so you were before me bandit. my argument is not with you. I came out with my support for him before the draft just like you. Do we both feel the same way. Yes I went a little overboard but that’s what I felt about Mahomes. I never said you did not like him or want to draft him. So if your looking for credit as being one of the first on 2 bills drive. Then you got it. You were one of the first to support drafting mahomes. Ok I said it. now will you give me credit for being so vocal before the draft on my passion for him. 

1 minute ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

ok so you were before me bandit. my argument is not with you. I came out with my support for him before the draft just like you. Do we both feel the same way. Yes I went a little overboard but that’s what I felt about Mahomes. I never said you did not like him or want to draft him. So if your looking for credit as being one of the first on 2 bills drive. Then you got it. You were one of the first to support drafting mahomes. Ok I said it. now will you give me credit for being so vocal before the draft on my passion for him. 

This has zero to do with getting any kind of credit; I've only ever taken exception to your claim that you were so mercilessly mocked for claiming Mahomes would be good.

You weren't 

You got chided because of your delivery, not the opinion on its merits. You keep claiming this you-against-the-world position when it was quite different--even at the time.

Many folks kept telling you even then that it wasn't you vs everyone on Mahomes, but you kept claiming it for some reason.

That's why you got mocked.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

That, and being surrounded by the best supporting cast of pass catchers in the NFL (or perhaps 2nd-best if you favor the Rams' group) versus the worst.

I agree. Top to bottom, the Chiefs have #1 supporting cast in the league. 

The challenge is how much of a factor the supporting cast plays in his performance. We can't evaluate him outside the Chiefs so it's impossible to determine how much they are helping. Guessing here, but I would say they are improving his numbers 15-25%. If his numbers were 75% of his current output, he'd still be looking like an elite QB! 

If developing a QB is a marathon, Mahomes is starting at mile 13. He still has to be able to run, but it's easier for him to finish the race. Allen hasn't been spotted even a single mile! 

Edited by TheElectricCompany
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Mahomes wouldnt have much sucess in buffalo. He has a great coach and most importantly he has players that can make plays.

He would have a great defense here and wouldn’t need to score half as much 

Mahomes is a monster.      He would be good anywhere 

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

This has zero to do with getting any kind of credit; I've only ever taken exception to your claim that you were so mercilessly mocked for claiming Mahomes would be good.

You weren't 

You got chided because of your delivery, not the opinion on its merits. You keep claiming this you-against-the-world position when it was quite different--even at the time.

Many folks kept telling you even then that it wasn't you vs everyone on Mahomes, but you kept claiming it for some reason.

That's why you got mocked.

Your wrong people did not like my take on why I thought he would be good for the Bills. They say prove to us why he’s going to be good. They would say no good QB has ever came out of that Conference. I kept posting and showing different highlights from his college games and stats and their response was he plays in a college football league that does not play defense. Don’t get on me for defending mahomes and being so stead fast on why the Bills should draft him. At least I showed passion for him and had 1000 percent conviction for him. I stuck my neck out and was not shy about doing it. Just like Jeffsmagic did. So don’t blame me for people having problems with how vocal I was about drafting the kid. Your problem is you did not like the way I went about it. I could give 2 flying Fuks that you did not like my posts or my passion about Mahomes. I put myself out there and laid it on the line for mahomes. If your feelings got hurt over it,  Oh well to bad. I will say what I want about the subject, and oh by the way, me and Jeffsmagic were million percent right about Mahomes. It feels good to be vindicated. So keep on posting about how your hurt feelings are. No one cares. 

Edited by 17 Josh Allen

1 hour ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

Your wrong people did not like my take on why I thought he would be good for the Bills. They say prove to us why he’s going to be good. They would say no good QB has ever came out of that Conference. I kept posting and showing different highlights from his college games and stats and their response was he plays in a college football league that does not play defense. Don’t get on me for defending mahomes and being so stead fast on why the Bills should draft him. At least I showed passion for him and had 1000 percent conviction for him. I stuck my neck out and was not shy about doing it. Just like Jeffsmagic did. So don’t blame me for people having problems with how vocal I was about drafting the kid. Your problem is you did not like the way I went about it. I could give 2 flying Fuks that you did not like my posts or my passion about Mahomes. I put myself out there and laid it on the line for mahomes. If your feelings got hurt over it,  Oh well to bad. I will say what I want about the subject, and oh by the way, me and Jeffsmagic were million percent right about Mahomes. It feels good to be vindicated. So keep on posting about how your hurt feelings are. No one cares. 

This post is exactly why you get mocked mercilessly

You continue to act like you had some groundbreaking take that everyone dissed, when in fact it was your personality that caught you the flack.

There were so many Mahomes threads that the mods had to merge them into a thread that was called "The only Mahomes thread you need", but yeah, your thinking was revolutionary :lol:

But keep on with that you-against-the-world facade, because it sure beats your iambic pentameter posts of yore for pure entertainment value