McCoy is done, Trade him

QB Bills

5 hours ago, vincec said:

When they didn't run the ball in the preseason I thought it was so that they could see what they had at QB. But now it looks like it's just their offense. As you say, not ideal given their personnel.

Whats weird is I could understand if it was more like the patriots throwing a lot of 2-3 yard passes as an extension of the run game. But yesterday most of the routes were like 10 yard routes that take 4-5 seconds to develop... makes 0 sense to me

12 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

McCoy 4.8 YPC

Ivory 2.8 YPC

Yes Ivory might get an extra yard when there is no hole. But Shady gets 11 when there is a crack.

You picked the wrong game and the wrong argument regarding Shady.

Wrong game?  He had 24 yards.  Which of the 3 games so far would be the "right" game to point this out?

13 hours ago, QB Bills said:

And he needs to be moved before other teams realize this. I know he's playing hurt, but the signs were there last year. He's clearly lost a step. Ivory and Murphy have been better this season. Ship him out and try to get anything for him while unloading that contract. 

...he's done and needs to be moved?.....sound like tremendous value there.....

32 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Teams are selling out on stopping the run and daring Allen to beat him with his arm.  Allen hasn't been able to show that (yet) so they will continue playing this way.

is that what they are doing?

i thought they were just throwing their jock onto the field and it was won already

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Football players don't generally wear jock straps.

i've sat in the front row of a few games and can unfortunately attest that the o-lines are wearing a jockstrap when they play, kinda hard not to notice.

maybe others are wearing a cup...

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i've sat in the front row of a few games and can unfortunately attest that the o-lines are wearing a jockstrap when they play, kinda hard not to notice.

maybe others are wearing a cup...

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/09/sports/football/helmet-check-shoulder-pads-check-cup-no-thanks.html

Strange as it might seem, however, N.F.L. players do not protect — in any way, apparently — perhaps their most sensitive possession.

“In my life, at every level, I have never worn a cup,” Giants tight end Martellus Bennett said this week. “I don’t know anyone who has. I think most guys like to hang out and be free.”

Edited by Royale with Cheese

12 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

McCoy 4.8 YPC

Ivory 2.8 YPC

Yes Ivory might get an extra yard when there is no hole. But Shady gets 11 when there is a crack.

You picked the wrong game and the wrong argument regarding Shady.

Those stats don't matter. Stop being a thread killer

The man has 21 rushing attempts all season. 7 per game. Shouldn't we assemble a larger data set before declaring his career over?

Also, he's playing on an offense with an historically bad WR corps, maybe the worst OL in the league without Woods and Incognito, a rookie QB from the Mountain West Conference, a chronically underperforming TE in Clay, and a coaching staff who thought Nathan Peterman could be a quality NFL QB.

McCoy is one of the last people right now that I'm going to blame for the offensive woes. Maybe I'll revisit this topic in another month, but not now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

We all got to know John Dorsey in Cleveland a little bit on Hard Knocks this year.

He comes across as extremely unimpressive.  

Almost on the same level as his HC.

he has a better team than we have

Jumping in here late...but the Bills need to trade McCoy right now for some draft picks. He is of ZERO use to this team in 2018. Play Ivory and Murphy and get on with it.  There has to be a team out there, on the verge of contending, who could use a Veteran Running Back...right?

1 hour ago, BiffFromTonawanda said:

The man has 21 rushing attempts all season. 7 per game. Shouldn't we assemble a larger data set before declaring his career over?

Also, he's playing on an offense with an historically bad WR corps, maybe the worst OL in the league without Woods and Incognito, a rookie QB from the Mountain West Conference, a chronically underperforming TE in Clay, and a coaching staff who thought Nathan Peterman could be a quality NFL QB.

McCoy is one of the last people right now that I'm going to blame for the offensive woes. Maybe I'll revisit this topic in another month, but not now.

Agreed. And while it's loo late for that, the Bills really miss a sane Incognito on the field! As I expected. The duo of #64-#25 was MONEY the last 3 years. So much so I still can't grasp why the Bills wanted Richie to take a paycut but that's in the past now...