Best Restaurants Night before Game Day

We return to town one weekend a year for a game.  Saturday is all about tailgate prep and an awesome dinner.  Its a reunion of sorts, but this year the group is only four.  Love to hear thoughts on your favorite dinner options.  Last year we went to Buffalo Chophouse.  

Also, tradition is to do wings Sunday night after the game so we have that pretty much covered.  

Thanks!

Edited by Bills Fan in Beantown

19 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Russell's Steaks Chops and More is very,very good.Reservations are required well in advance and for the gents...a jacket is a must.tie optional.

I was there a couple of Friday's ago with my wife & a few friends & I didn't wear a jacket or a tie.  

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

The best restaurants in town on the night before game day are the same restaurants that are the best on any other day of the year.

Go to Tempo on Delaware Ave.  Great food.

You are correct, sir, just happens that these days I'm only in town for games.  I appreciate the recommendation it looks great.  

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

Morton’s steaks attached to Hyatt.  

BAR BILLS , gabriel’ gate. 

Where are are you staying? 

Staying at the Marriott on Millersport in Amherst.  

Always wanted to check out Bar Bills and Gabriel's Gate.  

Does anyone have strong opinions about Hutch's or Oliver's?  

Thanks, again

On 9/26/2018 at 2:16 PM, Misterbluesky said:

Russell's Steaks Chops and More is very,very good.Reservations are required well in advance and for the gents...a jacket is a must.tie optional.

4 hours ago, Gordio said:

I was there a couple of Friday's ago with my wife & a few friends & I didn't wear a jacket or a tie.  

Russells is the best restaurant I’ve ever been too. And yes there is a dress code but you don’t need a jacket or tie

47 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Russells is the best restaurant I’ve ever been too. And yes there is a dress code but you don’t need a jacket or tie

Spotted this on the menu.  I'd wear a jacket for that!

Provimi Veal Chop Oscar

14 oz frenched cut Provimi veal chop charbroiled and topped with crabmeat, asparagus, béarnaise and parmesan mashed potato
$49

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’ll wear spandex booty shirts and a tank top. I like my 10 oz filet well done too ?

And don't forget the ketchup!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Bills Fan in Beantown said:

Staying at the Marriott on Millersport in Amherst.  

Always wanted to check out Bar Bills and Gabriel's Gate.  

Does anyone have strong opinions about Hutch's or Oliver's?  

Thanks, again

I live in right around that area.  I would recommend staying around the Amherst/Williamsville area.

If you're looking for more high end dining:

Russell's would be #1 (But make a stop at Deep South Taco, right around the corner for a couple cerveza's!  And the Nacho Libre platter is fantastic)

There's also:

800 Maple - https://800maple.com/

Neat - https://neatbuffalo.com/

Kennedy's Cove - http://kennedyscove.com/

After dinner, check out the following for a beverage:

Santora's (on Transit, not the one across the street from the Marriott)

The Oak Stave

The Irishman Pub

Brennan's

The Griffin Gastropub if you're into craft beer (~100 varieties on tap), good food there as well....

Looking for a good dive bar:

The Libation Station tops the list. 

If you want other suggestions PM me, there are too many bars and restaurants in the Amherst/Williamsville area to list.

Edited by ricojes
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Not there you won't,you wouldn't be served.

You sure about that?

There are ways to get them to serve you, even in less than desirable attire! Especially in today's cultural climate.

Sad... But probably true.  It's all about getting what You want.  I don't recommend it though, but I have seen it.

14 hours ago, mead107 said:

Morton’s steaks attached to Hyatt.  

BAR BILLS , gabriel’ gate. 

Where are are you staying? 

Didnt EB Greens used to be in the Hyatt (loved that place until the steak quality went down)

12 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

wasn't a fan of Russell's, wasn't bad but wasn't great either.

8 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I love these threads. I actually live about an hour and a half south of Buffalo and I love discovering new places to eat

we make many a stop at the Beef n Barrel . The prime rib was down for many years but the last two times was pretty good, but our favorite thing their is the mudd  pie, friggin delicious!

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I have NEVER seen a gentleman in there without one (jacket/suit)..and we go once a year,every year.

I wore Kachis & a nice button down long sleeve polo shirt.  I didn't feel out of place.   Next time I go there I will throw the suit jacket on too.  Don't want to get the old man angry.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I wore Kachis & a nice button down long sleeve polo shirt.  I didn't feel out of place.   Next time I go there I will throw the suit jacket on too.  Don't want to get the old man angry.  

yes, business casual.  I have been there many times, not once with a tie or suit coat.

18 hours ago, ricojes said:

I live in right around that area.  I would recommend staying around the Amherst/Williamsville area.

If you're looking for more high end dining:

Russell's would be #1 (But make a stop at Deep South Taco, right around the corner for a couple cerveza's!  And the Nacho Libre platter is fantastic)

There's also:

800 Maple - https://800maple.com/

Neat - https://neatbuffalo.com/

Kennedy's Cove - http://kennedyscove.com/

After dinner, check out the following for a beverage:

Santora's (on Transit, not the one across the street from the Marriott)

The Oak Stave

The Irishman Pub

Brennan's

The Griffin Gastropub if you're into craft beer (~100 varieties on tap), good food there as well....

Looking for a good dive bar:

The Libation Station tops the list. 

If you want other suggestions PM me, there are too many bars and restaurants in the Amherst/Williamsville area to list.

That was my stomping grounds way back when. For the opener a couple weeks ago I stayed at my usual Hampton Inn on Main St in Williamsville. I’ts convenient stumbling distance from the Irishman Pub, Creekview and Glen Park Tavern, and an easy drive or Uber to a lot of other stuff. 

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

we make many a stop at the Beef n Barrel . The prime rib was down for many years but the last two times was pretty good, but our favorite thing their is the mudd  pie, friggin delicious!

Yes the Beef is definitely the most popular restaurant in town. Next time you’re in Olean stop at the Brothers Bistro. It’s just up the street from the Beef. They have the best food in town IMO

Edit: I see you’re in Wellsville. The Beef Haus is one of my favorite restaurants. Probably the best clam chowder I’ve had 

Edited by Seanbillsfan2206

2 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Yes the Beef is definitely the most popular restaurant in town. Next time you’re in Olean stop at the Brothers Bistro. It’s just up the street from the Beef. They have the best food in town IMO

Edit: I see you’re in Wellsville. The Beef Haus is one of my favorite restaurants. Probably the best clam chowder I’ve had 

Have been to the bistro but it's been awhile, had some good some bad. I like El Sombrero , I'm still curious why they changed their name?

Beef Haus is ok, should be a lot better , never had clam chowder don't like sea food.