Week 4: Packers Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

I'd have to pick the Bills to beat the spread, but I can see why the Pack is favored. They haven't played as well as expected and Rogers is gimpy. That could be a problem if T Murphy is healthy and the pass rush is as good as last Sunday. Still, we have 1 solid CB on the roster and no help in sight. Cousins just isn'[t that great IMO. Rogers is another story. It could go either way.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That is correct, Zimmer's quote backs up your point.

This is one of these where I just want to say "Jeebus Aaron sit down and heal up already"

Bulaga too? Word up Jerry Hughes! Another big game this coming Sunday.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 4: Packers Game Preparation - Injury Updates from McCarthy

Just as I didn't think the Bills were as bad as they looked the first two weeks, I don't think they're as good as they looked last week. I still think this is a very winnable game.

Green Bay isn't that good to begin with, and they're in pretty bad shape. They've lost key players to injury, Rogers is gimpy, and their best pass rusher isn't allowed to sack the QB.

I'm not going to bet $5k on it, but I won't be at all surprised if the Bills put a whoopin on the cheese eating fudge Packers this Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Just as I didn't think the Bills were as bad as they looked the first two weeks, I don't think they're as good as they looked last week. I still think this is a very winnable game.

Green Bay isn't that good to begin with, and they're in pretty bad shape. They've lost key players to injury, Rogers is gimpy, and their best pass rusher isn't allowed to sack the QB.

I'm not going to bet $5k on it, but I won't be at all surprised if the Bills put a whoopin on the cheese eating fudge Packers this Sunday.

packers gameday.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

I'll say this about Green Bay (overlapping their game play against the Vikes), when Rodgers is in the game - no matter his condition - they ALWAYS have a chance to win all the way until time runs out. Look at the Chicago game; if Bills played the Pack yesterday with similar results going into 4th Quarter, I would have been convinced Rodgers was leading a comeback. 

My one real issue with the game yesterday, and it's minor in terms of outcome, is that the Bills need to have that killer instinct. They played like a team on fire in the first half, but then came out more in the form of a giant turtle. They didn't want to be too aggressive on Offense and Defensively in the 4th Quarter they started playing with more about protecting the win than what is in their apparent DNA. 

Defensively I can understand the perspective and approach to a point, but Offensively, they needed to remain aggressive. Not necessarily causing all kinds of turnovers and throwing caution to the wind, but being creative yet aware of the situation. The best teams, step on the neck when their opponent is down. In order to maintain this level of competition and to be considered truly great, they'll need to do that in games that count the most. Green Bay with Rodgers at the helm, is one of those teams you can't give even the slightest hope to, or he'll exploit it and make you pay. 

This could go many different ways

Our D has been playing solid offense and has held opposing teams to what.....10 points in the last game and a half?

Our offense left a LOT of plays on the field with drops and dialed back the aggressive in the second half of yesterday's game........

The team might be picking up confidence....if this team goes 2-2 to the quarter pole........we can forget about drafting high

3 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

The highs and lows on this board is priceless lol. Just 2 days ago everyone is predicting a huge blowout loss to the Vikings (me included) with the bills possibly getting the first pick off the board in next years draft.  And now lots of people are confident the Bills are going to go to green bay and knock off a rod and the packers lol.

Gotta love the highs and lows of a NFL season:)

Some of us have been pretty even-keeled all year in the face of withering negativity. Just saying.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Muhammad Wilkerson’s ankle injury is ‘significant’

Mike Spofford - PACKERS.COM SENIOR WRITER

GREEN BAY – Packers defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson needed surgery on his injured ankle on Sunday night in Washington, D.C., and did not return to Green Bay with the team.

Head Coach Mike McCarthy said on Monday that Wilkerson’s injury was “significant,” but he did not elaborate.

Following Sunday’s 31-17 loss at FedExField, the Packers are also dealing with injuries to starting offensive lineman Bryan Bulaga (back) and Justin McCray (shoulder), while outside linebacker Nick Perry is in the concussion protocol.
McCarthy did not have any updates and said it could be until Wednesday or Thursday before the lineup at those spots for Sunday’s home game vs. Buffalo takes shape.

“We’re beat up coming out of the game,” McCarthy said. “You look at the course of these first three weeks, they’re battling like hell. We’re going to have to see how it sorts out. (The injury report) will be part of our game-planning.”