Bills Make National Headlines Consistently

OutOfBubbleGum

3 hours ago, OutOfBubbleGum said:

What is with the Bills being cited by national News agencies for other than football news. There's the consistent McCoy articles, wide receivers making babies because there's nothing else to do in Buffalo, Davis quitting at halftime.... The list can go on and on...

I just concern myself with what goes on between the lines.

I live in Vegas now and love it. The weather just makes life easier. Also lived in Philly and spent plenty of time in Buffalo. It always amuses me when folks from places like Philly talk sh*t about Buffalo. I'll take Buffalo over Philly but they are not much different. It's generally like 4 degrees warmer in Philly than Buffalo. Congrats?

14 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I can only guess but when you can afford pretty much anything you want, everything else probably becomes trivial.

I can only guess as well. But I do know that I value experiences and close company more than I value “stuff”. My “Mega-Millions pipe dream” would be to travel travel travel, and also to create. There’s a great big world out there to explore and enjoy. And lots of bass guitars and art supplies to purchase ;)

To each, their own. But I find the adage “only boring people get bored” to usually be true.

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I live in Vegas now and love it. The weather just makes life easier. Also lived in Philly and spent plenty of time in Buffalo. It always amuses me when folks from places like Philly talk sh*t about Buffalo. I'll take Buffalo over Philly but they are not much different. It's generally like 4 degrees warmer in Philly than Buffalo. Congrats?

Agree- I can see a radical change in lifestyle going from a Miami to Buffalo or LA to Buffalo. Philly not so much. 

• Like (+1) 1

Another person bashing upstate NY.. how original ?

23 minutes ago, SF Bills Fan said:

Agree- I can see a radical change in lifestyle going from a Miami to Buffalo or LA to Buffalo. Philly not so much. 

Philly? 

How about KC, Green Bay, Cincinnati, or Cleveland. Not exactly cosmopolitan destinations either. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, OutOfBubbleGum said:

What is with the Bills being cited by national News agencies for other than football news. There's the consistent McCoy articles, wide receivers making babies because there's nothing else to do in Buffalo, Davis quitting at halftime.... The list can go on and on...

Is it possible that it just appears as though the national media does a lot of reporting on Buffalo because that is the team you specifically follow and therefore notice?

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Is it possible that it just appears as though the national media does a lot of reporting on Buffalo because that is the team you specifically follow and therefore notice?

Bills have been ignored basically for 20 years, so anything is publicity

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Idandria said:

Another person bashing upstate NY.. how original ?

Philly? 

How about KC, Green Bay, Cincinnati, or Cleveland. Not exactly cosmopolitan destinations either. 

Right. I think that was kind of his point. If I'm being honest, I'd prefer to live in Miami or So Cal, etc. That's just me. When folks from Philly or the places you mentioned talk sh*t, it's extra ridiculous. Buffalo is what you make of it. I always enjoy my time there.

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

No. I think it's legit. We've been middle of the pack since what, 2001? At this point, we're getting attention because we're especially bad. Maybe it'll pay off in the long run, but that's a debate for another thread.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:43 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

Yep. There needs to be one joke team every year. It was easy for Bills fans for a while.  We had the Browns (Q. How many snarky comments on TSW the last half dozen years about the Browns?), and then the national media had the Jets for a little while to serve this purpose. Brownsy things are now happening all the time in Buffalo: Peterman I, Peterman II. Anquon Boldin “sign and retire” because it’s not what he thought it would be. Marrone’s two and done. Orton’s surprise one and done. Whaley:Pegulas ::Sessions:Trump. The failed EJ Manuel experience. Passing up Mahomes. Trading up for Sammy, then sending him packing. Richie re-signing, then “retiring,” then trying to unretire but having that plan ruined by a freak out at a public gym and a psych evaluation, all on the heels of your second round pick last year running around naked and trying to jump out of a sealed 30th story window. (And thankfully the national media paid little attention to our psychotic naked runner from a few months earlier.)  It’s all good fodder. But then it reached a new peak with the Vontae half-time retirement. Is there a better laughingstock candidate out there? Not that I can see, and not that the national media can see either. Congrats, Bills. You’ve earned it.

EDIT: oh, and hiring clown Rex to shore up the defense. Plummeting to the bottom of the defensive rankings. Hiring Rob as a Ryan force multiplier. Firing both. Signing McCarron as a veteran bridge. Dumping McCarron. Spending $3 million for a couple weeks of Corey Coleman. Dumping Coleman. Yes, I could go on. 

You hit the nail on the head.

....harken back to early 2006......Ralph's "inner circle of trust" was breached and Tom "Terrific" Donohole was fired....RW goes into panic mode and summoned Marv from the mothballs who was "re-tired (with retreads)"..........Marv and Brandon were his trustworthy confidants.....and they bring in Dopey Dickie Jauron.....hence the image of "Dysfunction Junction" was hatched....and the drought era of misfits, unqualifieds, over the hill "re-tireds", etc were the "F Troop" to lead the circus.....the  Marrone exodus and TrainWrecks debacle added wood to the fire......so McBeane , McD and company will be on the "hot seat" from day 1 to turn this mess around overnight and breaking the 17 year schneid is now irrelevant and old news....Bflo will be the national "dart board" for awhile until proven otherwise....HINT: they effed up again with the Allen pick according to the all knowing national urinalists....

35 minutes ago, COTC said:

Its the reputation of our team at stake. 

It really doesn’t get any more important. 

Rep is everything. 

I agree but most nation news agency's like ESPN and BR are jokes.  I care what the players think.  Fans generally are misinformed and bias.  The sports news caters to that.  Rep is a lot to the players but not to me when it comes to the outside perspective.  Just my opinion.