Washington Signs WRs Breshad Perriman & Michael Floyd - Perriman Released

26CornerBlitz

22 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I don't remember that.

I am not disagreeing with you and maybe I just blocked it out of my memory, but I just don't remember.

Are all of the guys we have on this time now better?

Better?  Not really.  Worst WR corps in the NFL top-to-bottom, he'd fit right in.

Deonte had two big drops and a holding penalty on LeShady's big run.  We roasted him after the game, but a lot of folks here at TBD with a short memory still like him (no offense B-)).

9 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Better?  Not really.  Worst WR corps in the NFL top-to-bottom, he'd fit right in.

Deonte had two big drops and a holding penalty on LeShady's big run.  We roasted him after the game, but a lot of folks here at TBD with a short memory still like him (no offense B-)).

Ohhhh, I remember the holding penalty now.

...why did you have to jog my memory?!!!  :censored:

:P

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

Come on, 26...

sean-mcdermott-tattoo-773d0dab7fb099e1.jpg

So wait that's a tattoo of McDermot pouring cool-aid down buffalo's throat. So someone got a tattoo of making fun of a coach they don't believe in? I mean at best they're right and he's gone in a few years and they're left with a tattoo that only made since for a small window of time. Or they're wrong and it just looks stupid.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, zevo said:

Not sure about these snarky comments about foster...they clearly like him and want to develop him....and i totally agree with that approach.

You don't have to be sure, but he's not a player who belongs on an NFL roster IMO.   It's not the only questionable move that's been made this season. Develop? That's what the practice squad is for. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You don't have to be sure, but he's not a player who belongs on an NFL roster IMO.   It's not the only questionable move that's been made this season. Develop? That's what the practice squad is for. 

Is it? Or is it about a plan to develop players in actual NFL games.

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

he is doing okay in Dallas, and would be an instant upgrade to our "WR's.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Not sure why anyone would be surprised, this fro t office and coaching staff dont care about the offence, they will search high and low uncovering every stone for a defensive player, and throw whatever scraps they find out on offence. They just released the teams most experienced WR the week they are starting their new rookie QB so they could bring up a bench DT in case they needed an extra rotational guy. The offence to them is an afterthought.

That's pretty much how I see it, except I believe it's desperation mode on D more than an afterthought on O.

I think McDermott's plan was to focus on solidifying and improving the D this off-season, and he's kind of in a no-holds-barred, no-stone-unturned panic to fix it since it spent 6 quarters not working as planned.  He brings up the O getting 3 and outs equally with defensive problems, but he must know 3 and outs are to be expected with an inexperienced Meanwhile, 9 TD on 9 trips to the RZ is criminally bad D.  As he said, that's his background so it looks doubly bad for him.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's pretty much how I see it, except I believe it's desperation mode on D more than an afterthought on O.

I think McDermott's plan was to focus on solidifying and improving the D this off-season, and he's kind of in a no-holds-barred, no-stone-unturned panic to fix it since it spent 6 quarters not working as planned.  He brings up the O getting 3 and outs equally with defensive problems, but he must know 3 and outs are to be expected with an inexperienced Meanwhile, 9 TD on 9 trips to the RZ is criminally bad D.  As he said, that's his background so it looks doubly bad for him.

Pretty obviously focused on defense with UFA acquisitions of Star and Murphy and the premium draft picks besides Allen on the defensive side of the ball. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Pretty obviously focused on defense with UFA acquisitions of Star and Murphy and the premium draft picks besides Allen on the defensive side of the ball. 

Exactly.  The D kept us in games last year, the D got the lion's share of the FA money/attention, and the D got 3 of top 4 round draft picks.

When you focus on something and it crashes and burns anyway, it looks extra bad.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Exactly.  The D kept us in games last year, the D got the lion's share of the FA money/attention, and the D got 3 of top 4 round draft picks.

When you focus on something and it crashes and burns, it looks extra bad on ya.

Yup!

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

When you focus on something and it crashes and burns anyway, it looks extra bad.

McDermott has to have a strong D, he was a defensive coordinator, and hopes to be one again after he gets fired from his HC job.

6 minutes ago, twist_to_open said:

McDermott has to have a strong D, he was a defensive coordinator, and hopes to be one again after he gets fired from his HC job.

Maybe he is on the hot seat and took playing calling back to use it as an audition or to add to his resume for when he is interviewing again? Lol

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Maybe he is on the hot seat and took playing calling back to use it as an audition or to add to his resume for when he is interviewing again? Lol

No way he's on the hot seat yet.  But he has to know that if the blowouts and ensuing media embarrassment continue, he could get there at any time.

Wouldn't surprise me if Beane is shopping Benjamin for a CB as we speak though.

4 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Come on, 26...

sean-mcdermott-tattoo-773d0dab7fb099e1.jpg

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

So wait that's a tattoo of McDermot pouring cool-aid down buffalo's throat. So someone got a tattoo of making fun of a coach they don't believe in? I mean at best they're right and he's gone in a few years and they're left with a tattoo that only made since for a small window of time. Or they're wrong and it just looks stupid.

I'm thinking someone lost a bet...

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Wouldn't surprise me if it is, but that doesn't make it a good one.  It's bad enough with the deficient OL .

I’d rather try to develop young unknow talent at the wr position than proven NFL busts. That seems like a colossal waste of time and resources.

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Could we do something to help Allen Already. 

Go get his favorite Target in Wyoming 

Tanner Gentry 72 receptions 1326 and 14TDs with Allen at Wyoming. 

Fits the youth movement as well. 

Hes not good enough to play in the NFL consistently. 

Tanner was Joshs #1 guy on a poor offensive squad. Somebody has to catch balls and be your #1

He didn’t have a draftable grade and hasn’t shown that he has grown much in his 2 preseasons 

if we could stick him on the PS sure, but He wouldn’t do anything for the 53 roster rn

Edited by Buffalo716