Is there any team in worse shape than the Bills?

Pete

11 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I felt pretty good about the guys we had in charge after last year and I’m really starting to question it. I have to see how the defense looks this week. Not firing Fraiser was a mistake and if this defense still sucks Sunday, I might just be out here with McDermott. What happened the first 2 weeks on defense is inexcusable. If they want to keep Fraiser around, then McDermott better find away to fix it.

Why fire Frasier? It's not a scheme or coaching issue when you defense overall lacks talent. There are a few high performers, but the rest are mediocre at best. When your best defensive linemen is over 30 and ready to retire there isn't a lot to work with. Other than Williams, the line gets hardly any push and can't control; the LOS. How do you expect the LB's and DB to do when the QB has all day to throw and the OL is controlling the LOS. I'm saying it now, firing Frasier is not the answer, and I will go as far as saying firing him would be a huge mistake.

I think the Bills have to be the worst.

-Terrible offensive line

-Can't run the ball at all

-Probably the worst receiving core in the league

-The Defense is a joke... Can't stop anybody

-We have a rookie QB who most experts project will be bust

God it is really bad. 

so...do people just enjoy getting together and acting like sad sacks in a thread like this?  what's the appeal here?

29 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Next year 10 draft picks and $100m in cap room.   Potential franchise qb coming into second year.   

Thats the opposite of bad shape.  Did you expect a turnaround after 1 season?

i remember the browns being in a similar situation a few years ago, (minus having the qb in place) and everyone saying they would love to be in that position.  well...here we are.  i don't know how this will turn out, but i think we all had a fairly good idea this was coming.  i didn't think it would be this bad, but still not a shocker.

Cap space sure knows how to score points. Put a helmet on him!  That’s how pathetic this is.  We are the worst team and people are excited about cap space. Oh and the draft. Cause that will give us an edge no one has.  

Edited by nedboy7

8 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

So a really bad record. Cool I love watching the worst team I've ever seen.

Ya know, I was telling my son this on Sunday, it's better than watching the 10th worst team in the league every week.  I mean, at the very least the chargers first half was like an offensive highlight reel.  Everyone on that squad looked great displaying their skills.  Ha.  And we have a light at then end of the tunnel. . .with some luck needed as always.

Raiders easily

Gruden, who didn't say anything worthwhile on a MNF broadcast for 12(?) years, has totally destroyed the franchise, making it even worse than before.

he has no clue what he is doing in any aspect of life, going a manic million miles an hour all the while

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I never liked the Giants decision to take the RB instead of the QB.... Probably felt pressure from Eli and that he might cry if they took a QB in the first. 

Still, they will win games this year eventually. They have tough schedule of games to start the year. Offensive line is still a mess and I think Eli is on his last legs but they'll win 6 to 8 games this year, IMO. Too much talent offensively.

LOL  (in bold)

It was strange that they went RB and not QB when they clearly have a need in 1 or 2 seasons 

10 hours ago, Pete said:

between the Sabres and Bills I am all tanked out.  I guess tanking beats mediocrity.  And the future does look bright for the Bills and Allen

Fair enough although I don't think this is a tank, I just don't think we have enough talent yet at some key positions to compete but it's getting better imo. 

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Raiders easily

Gruden, who didn't say anything worthwhile on a MNF broadcast for 12(?) years, has totally destroyed the franchise, making it even worse than before.

he has no clue what he is doing in any aspect of life, going a manic million miles an hour all the while

Carr, Cooper and a solid OL. I take that sorry. 

CBS sports changed this up from the first week in which they had the Bills getting the #1 overall pick.

This week it's the #1 NY Giants- #2 Houston Texans- #3 Oakland Raiders- #4 Arizona Cardinals- #5 Detroit Lions- #6 Buffalo Bills- #7 Oakland Raiders via Bears. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-raiders-find-khalil-macks-replacement-browns-add-wr-after-josh-gordon-trade/

I don't know if I buy that the Bears and Texans are all that bad, Raiders too. However, the Bills, Giants, Cards and Lions all really suck at this point. 

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

CBS sports changed this up from the first week in which they had the Bills getting the #1 overall pick.

This week it's the #1 NY Giants- #2 Houston Texans- #3 Oakland Raiders- #4 Arizona Cardinals- #5 Detroit Lions- #6 Buffalo Bills- #7 Oakland Raiders via Bears. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-raiders-find-khalil-macks-replacement-browns-add-wr-after-josh-gordon-trade/

I don't know if I buy that the Bears and Texans are all that bad, Raiders too. However, the Bills, Giants, Cards and Lions all really suck at this point. 

Improvement already!!!!

From dead last (or 2nd o last) 

5 hours ago, sleeby said:

Ya know, I was telling my son this on Sunday, it's better than watching the 10th worst team in the league every week.  I mean, at the very least the chargers first half was like an offensive highlight reel.  Everyone on that squad looked great displaying their skills.  Ha.  And we have a light at then end of the tunnel. . .with some luck needed as always.

I'm not going to be mean or say anything about what you should tell your son. I just disagree that we're in better shape than the Chargers. On what planet?

17 hours ago, wppete said:

We are getting at top 3 pick in next years draft almost certain. The draft is something to

look forward to.

Yay, let's look at our recent history of drafting in the top 5

Mike Williams

Marcel Dareus

Sammy Watkins

Hopefully this regime can actually nail a top 5 pick for us.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Fair enough although I don't think this is a tank, I just don't think we have enough talent yet at some key positions to compete but it's getting better imo. 

Maybe we could call it an armored personnel carrier then? 

18 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I'm not going to be mean or say anything about what you should tell your son. I just disagree that we're in better shape than the Chargers. On what planet?

Not this one. The Chargers played without Bosa, and still managed 5-6 sacks and two picks? Draft picks and cap room are like the babe at the end of the bar. There are no guarantees she will even talk to you much less come play in your hot tub....