La Canfora: Bills Had No Choice But to Bench Peterman; Monitoring Waiver Wire and Depth Charts for QBs

26CornerBlitz

No it was the right calculation.  AJM is isn't taking you to the playoffs and isn't the long-term answer.  The Bears pre-season game proved that.  The idea was to play Peterman for as long as they could, which turned out to be a half, and then go with Allen.

2 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

so why the rush to trade a.j for a 5th.  The dynamic duo make a lot of mistakes   If their evaluation is that Allen isn't ready then they could have had A.j starting this week.  

Did you not read the article? They believe Allen is ready. Their was internal debate about starting him right away and they gave Peterman the edge because of how consistent he was in preseason. Peterman was never going to stand in the way of Allen starting this year. The 5th round pick we got in return is infinitely more valuable than anything McCarron could have offered us this year. You can find players in the 5th round. Kyle Williams and Matt Milano for example. And everyone has forgotten that McCarron looked as bad or worse than Peterman in the last preseason game. It's a miracle we got what we did for him.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'm talking about in case of injury.  If he gets injured, the season is over anyway.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'm talking about in case of injury.  If he gets injured, the season is over anyway.

THere may be 15 games left but this season is over anyway. The GOAT himself would have a hard time getting this team to the playoffs. 

Just now, iinii said:

THere may be 15 games left but this season is over anyway. The GOAT himself would have a hard time getting this team to the playoffs. 

This is what people thought during that 3-game losing stretch last season.  Hopefully last week's game was akin to last year's Chargers game.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I for one hope that they add a vet and cut NP. Matt Moore is my choice. Peterman isn’t an NFL player and it sounds like the Bills finally realize what many of us already knew.

Matt Moore should’ve been on this roster for a few years, honestly. Curious if they pull the trigger. He’s been my backup of choice since we were messing around with guys like kolb to try to fill the role. Low upside but a high floor that will keep a team functional even if not truly competitive 

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

This is what people thought during that 3-game losing stretch last season.  Hopefully last week's game was akin to last year's Chargers game.

And that’s why simply sliding into the playoffs isn’t a big accomplishment. Bad teams do it regularly. We may have gotten the 6 seed but we weren’t any type of force that you associate with the meaning of the phrase “playoff team”

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

No it was the right calculation.  AJM is isn't taking you to the playoffs and isn't the long-term answer.  The Bears pre-season game proved that.  The idea was to play Peterman for as long as they could, which turned out to be a half, and then go with Allen.

Reading the tea leaves, I don’t think this fit into their plan and actually qualifies as even outside their worst case scenario (I think they only expected this in case of injury this early)

Not that I’m anti starting allen. Just think this went outside their expectations by a good bit.

Edited by NoSaint

40 minutes ago, Doc said:

speaking of which... isn't there a Chargers game today?

Edited by Foxx

30 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Please sign Matt Moore or Derek Anderson ... and cut Peterman ... give Josh a seasoned vet in the QB room ... look what McCown is doing for (very classy) with Darnold.  WAKE UP ... need a vet who has started multiple games in the QB room

i agreee there needs to be a vet in the room.  Eitehr of those guys are fine.  They have been through everything.  If they have to keep three qb's then that is what they should do  I it the most important position on the team.  The fact that they don't have a mentor for him already is another mistake by the dynamic duo

Edited by baskingridgebillsfan

49 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They could have just kept AJM if they were into the three QB thing. 

...which may not have been a bad idea.....AJ came back from injury, was woeful for three quarters(ring rust expected IMO) and then did show some promise, yet we dumped him quickly to gain that all too valuable and enticing FIFTH round pick....we were CERTAINLY all set at QB......so now Josh is the must starter and backed up by PeteredOUT.......God help us if Josh gets dinged.....

This team isn't "winning games" regardless of the QB, so i wouldn't bother. Embrace the tank that the GM put in place and work on a sound development strategy for the younger guys and a create a great offseason plan to ensure we can competitive as soon as possible. If Allen flops this year, I hope they have the stones to pull a Brandon Weeden and grab a a marquee QB if one is available. Until you figure that out nothing matters.